TacticalGamer.com - PR.4 Conquest SERVER CONFIGURATION FEEDBACK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacticalGamer.com - PR.4 Conquest SERVER CONFIGURATION FEEDBACK

Please provide any feedback on the server configuration in this thread.

Game mode: Conquest w/ Bleed (capture flags in ANY order)
    Ticket ratio: 200
    Players: 64

Critically wounded timer: 30 seconds (may be changing)
    Total spawn timer: 31 seconds (may be changing)
    Time Death Penalty: 0 second / death

Battlefield Recorder: Enabled

Map List
    Coming soon...
    Last edited by asch; 11-26-2006, 10:06 PM. Reason: Changed game mode to conquest.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: TacticalGamer.com - PR.4 Conquest SERVER FEEDBACK

Aside from 3 server crashes tonight I would say everything is running smoothly. :)

I know for a fact it crashed twice on Zhanjiang Security Area. I forget what the other map was. I'm not sure if it's the server or just the mod itself.

Comment

Ok it crashed again just now at 11:29pm on Road To Kyongan Ni. There must still be major bugs in the whole kit/quartermaster setup. What happened was I was in 1stMIP's squad and Mosely went down, so I go to pick up his kit since he was the medic and as soon as I pick up the kit, the server crashed. I'm not certain that's the exact cause of it, but that's a hell of a coincidence if it wasn't. Sooo....sorry to everyone in the squad. I was actually having fun with you guys.

Comment

larger tickets

password nights
        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
        Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Agree about the ticket count. There's one map where each team has only 100 tickets, and one team starts off bleeding. That's just ridiculous.

Overall, I played for about 3-4 hours tonight and only lost connection once. Server felt very stable and running smoothly except on maps that are heavy on vehicles. Some complaints of lag and rubber-banding, but nothing game stopping.

Could we see a list of the maps in rotation?
          Last edited by Shafik; 11-14-2006, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Ticket ratio updated to 200%. I'll get the map list up soon. It's changing as we figure out what maps work at what sizes.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Just got though playing.

Seeded the server and within minutes a player connected.

I helped them with the protocols with the quatermaster

Later when it was three on three we played.

Those guys had good communication. Unit#26968 was the best Jerry the best.\

Server crashed around 09: 35 hours.

Good talent is showing up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
                larger tickets

password nights
                Aye sir. Looking forward to pw night on this. Spawntimes are ok for me, however I think either spawntimes should be lengthened or flag capture time lowered.

Comment

Hey guys I had a real good time last night, too bad my internet shot out at the last minute! John you were a great squad leader the best Ive seen in my game history I cant wait to do it again!

Comment

I had a lots of fun last night. I'm not very good but all the guys helped with their direction,had trouble with the med. kit.It sure is nice that people do not get fired up and get mad about people who are not as good and are learning.I don't feel like a chicken with his head cut off when I play on this server.TacticalGamer #1 Best players who help make this a true team support site in gaming. THANKS JimBob

Comment

Sniper Pilot and M|STJimBob,

Great to see you folks on forums. Responsive, mature and true teamplayers like you guys make the TG a great place. Welcome to the last place you will play online-games.

Comment

Re: TacticalGamer.com - PR.4 Conquest SERVER CONFIGURATION FEEDBACK

Welcome to TG guys. Please say hello in our introduce yourself thread.
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

I played early Sunday evening when the population was low and struggled to get good games going, which led to the pop staying low. Out of about 5 rounds, only one was decent. Here is some feedback on particular maps and suggestions:

Jabal Al Burj:

Currently 5 flags even on lop pop (12 players on sunday night).
                          This, together with the inordinately long flag-cap times and lond distances between the flags led to a dire round.

(This, and the fact that our opponents refused to fight over just a couple of flags, leading to tiresome whack-a-molality)

Suggestion: reinstate AAS for low pops (~12) on this map, at least for the short term. (if it is possible to do this for an individual map)

Vanilla Maps:

A couple of the Chinese Vanilla maps came up.
                          These were 32-player size on a pop of ~10. The problem of having such large maps is compounded by having both UCB's cap-able. Jets and attack choppers were available too, which in my opinion is inappropriate for such low pops.
                          Suggestion: have 16-player sized maps on low pops, and/or reinstate UBS's to their uncapable status.

On the bright side, we had a good round on one of the PRM maps, I forget the name but it had a warehouse and train staion, 4 flags arranged in a square. This map was appropriate for the number of players and for Conquest.

[AAR My squad: Lt.Waters, Freno, eFlight, Gahlas, Pope managed to contain the MEC into the warehouse, denying them the other three flags. Waters was sniping from a good position and alerted us to enemy movements, Freno gunned down everything in sight and eFlight and Gahlas saw off any attempts that they made to sneak around the north.
                          Memorable moment, someone (eflight?) demanding : "We have the Warehouse surrounded! Surrender your WMD!" in global chat.
                          Followed by threats to send in Hans Blix
                          /AAR]

Well, I have faith we can get things to work well on PRM with low pop. It's frustrating when trying to seed the server to see many good players go because the gameplay is bad.
                          -nick 'Ale06'

Comment

good point with the map size.

I thought thought they loaded depending on the amount of players on the server.

Granted there are a few maps that do not have variations.

Goods Port is a great 16 player map to start the server out on.

no vehciles/arty/ and four flags tops.

Comment

Hi,

Thank that you add this Server to PRMM.

Today i want to play on it, but it get me sick if i saw an Cheater on our Server.

Sry I canīt sent you a link here from the Screenshoot of him.

His Name was FFS mrSouthernation.

You can see a PB Screenshoot of him were he is Cheating inside the PRMM Forum.

Please i want to Play on your Server but with Cheatern on it i must Play on other Servers.

MfG Tom

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X