Working to realize the potential of PR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working to realize the potential of PR

The project reality mod has some great potential here at Tactical Gamer but it will take a little bit of work to get there.

A majority of PR players are looking to both realism and teamwork. Many external PR servers offer the realism but lack in the teamwork. TG now has the capability to offer both. It is surprising how many of the new faces will follow SL orders. After just two nights we've had quite a few faces return and quite a few in-game comments that this is the best server for communication & teamwork.

Now the hard part lies in getting these new faces to experience the TG-way of playing. Many will be shy / quiet at first because they aren't used to open communication. Many won't have the experience leading a TG-squad. What I found out though is it did not take much to get them rolling. They just needed a round or two with a TG player.

Here is where I'd like to ask the TG community for help. I understand many of us, including myself, have limited gaming time and that we'd like to spend that time playing with TG players. I don't want to stop that. What I'd like to see happening is that at least one round per night, break out of the normal TG squad and work with the new faces. Explain to them the way we play and invite them to the forums. That's it, one round. If we are all doing this, then there should be very few rounds where there is an all pubby squad.

If you feel comfortable, take the SL position at least once per night. This is both a learning experience to be SL and a great way to show the TG leadership to the new faces. Rope the players in and capture their interest.

Now if you are really feeling frisky, take the CO chair. Let's work through and figure out how to organize these green squads. We're all learning the maps so be patient. The CO chair also needs to be filled to provide supplies and artillery, when available.

Now when we're reaching out to these new faces please make sure to explain to them that we run a vanilla conquest mode and not AAS. Many PR players have a habit of swarming to the flags because just about every other PR server runs AAS. We all know AAS is frustrating when there are 25v25 fighting over the same one or two flags. TG separates itself by demonstrating cohesive squads and comprehensive strategies on conquest maps. Do your best to avoid the whack-a-mole problems that many players are afraid of.

Barring the occasional server crash, TG has the opportunity to be the most populated PR server out there. On top of that, we can demonstrate that there can be more teamwork, communication, tactics, strategy, etc. on this large scale. Let's seize this moment to increase the TG BF community. Getting these players to return frequently and visit the forums will introduce them to great game-play on the PoE2 and 2142 servers.
    Last edited by asch; 11-13-2006, 09:07 AM. Reason: Removed reference to CO needed for kit requests.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Working to realize the potential of PR

Originally posted by asch View Post
    (I believe) The CO chair also needs to be filled to get the kit requests.
    Nope, not necessary. :)
    |TG| Lorian
    Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

I would really like to see PR get off the ground even further here. Mabey even a creation of another TG tornament team for the PR League.

Comment

Originally posted by Acid View Post
        I would really like to see PR get off the ground even further here. Mabey even a creation of another TG tornament team for the PR League.
        I like this idea Acid

Great thread asch!!!
        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
        Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Good post Asch.

I will keep it in mind and invite/accept at least one non TG player in my squad. We had a very like-minded new player in our squad last night and he is in the process of registering to forums and becoming a TG member.

Comment

I seeded the server this morning and later Troublesome joined.

We were able to check out the special kits.

We had several new players. They agreed with the just checking out the weapons and such.

talked to some players and such and greeted them.

Helped them learn more about the game.

Comment

That was fun Rick and we learned allot. The limited kits only seem to work on some levels.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

From what I understand the Quatermaster only gives out one of the special kits at a time, or is it based on a ratio.

I'll research this and post here.

I also will later create a thread on squad and special kit guidlines/rules.
                Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 11-13-2006, 11:26 PM.

Comment

more tickets

password nights

everyone study up on it more.

I have found nothing on the PR forums.

Regardless, the next patch will adress this better.

I hope that they give us at least two sniper kits, four support kits, three AT kits, and one or two AAs.

Comment

Yes, we most surely have to raise the ticket count. 15 minute battles are no fun. And I believe Kit Requests don't work in conquest mode. And thumbs up on that, BTW. AAS is a huge Karkand river standoff (remember those?:)) every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik View Post
                      Yes, we most surely have to raise the ticket count. 15 minute battles are no fun. And I believe Kit Requests don't work in conquest mode. And thumbs up on that, BTW. AAS is a huge Karkand river standoff (remember those?:)) every time.
                      Yeah, I hopped on a public server around 0600 a.m. EDT Monday to see how things went on a "typical" PRM server.

For whatever reason, one side had 900 tickets and the other side 400. I went sniper for the defending team (the kit was called "hunter" on this particular map), and it comes with a grappling hook. I set up on a rooftop pretty far from the CP the opposing team had to attack and would watch them come in with my binoculars. When they dismounted I switched to my SVD and dropped everyone in the Humvee as they exited as quickly as I could pull the trigger without them ever knowing where the fire was coming from. After about an hour of this, the ticket count was down to maybe 850 to 350, and it had to be boring for everyone involved attempting to assault that CP (I was pretty bored too). The sniper rifles are unbelievably lethal in PRM...

AAS isn't fun. 900 tickets are too many. I think if we go Conquest with a moderate number of tickets we can definitely become the premier PRM server...

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post

AAS isn't fun. 900 tickets are too many. I think if we go Conquest with a moderate number of tickets we can definitely become the premier PRM server...
                        Totally agree. Just like the premier POE2 server. :D
                        Beatnik

Comment

1. VOIP should be heavly encouraged to new players to the server.
                          A. Communication, communication, communication. Sound logical communication needs to happen.
                          For those who already do this, PR will be really fun and dramatic.

B. Do to the fact that one needs to know the precense of the enemy, I am going to change my settings so that I hear what players say in their own language.

Reason why:
                          This was sort of spooky, when Commander, we were being engaged, and I saw one of my teammates (I know who it was) before I went into the bunker, and I heard gun fire and then the call of medic.
                          Due to the fact that the top left scroller did not display who died, I had no idea who was down. This made for some drama.
                          I did not want to ask the SL, had enough things to worry about.
                          I crouched low at the door way and waisted two PLA guys, then was TKed by a frag. That is one way to get rid of a CO.

IMO, the best way to release the potintial is to play it as if ever spawn is your last. Not worry so about bleed, take your time, and get a plan and go from there.

Once the next patch comes out with more tools and the special kits and all, I believe TG will need to make a sub catagory primer for PR.

Comment

We could definalty use a PRM server, or mabey a few nights a week for PR on the public server. With the new release, intrest is bound to rise with all of the new features.

Comment

I second Acids idea. This mod is what it seems to me that TG is all about. Wheather or not its the most popular.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X