No announcement yet.

Team assets and limited kit etiquette.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team assets and limited kit etiquette.

This is a brainstorm that involves Team assets and limited kit etiquette.

The reason: The limited kits in PR.

I hope that once we agree on this, we can put this on the TGs PR primer.

As we all know, TG already has a logical set of guidelines for the community to follow with regards to forming and naming squads.

These formations allow the team to use the assets well and for the player to go to the squad were they want to perform certain missions. Most importantly, the CO can directly communicate to the squads and focus on their capacities.

For example

Jets squads

Assist squads (destroy arty and other assets. Remember, with UCBs missing on a lot of maps with jets and such, these squads can make a resurgence by destroying jets and stuff. )

Gunship (attack chopper)

Sniper. Granted, it is cool for a grunt squad member to go sniper if the situation warrants it.

Due to the fact that the Limited kit Quantities will be an important part in the team,

I think we should look at these limited kits as a limited asset to the team.
    I will not explain my reasoning for agreeing with this set-up. I’ll focus on how we can better manage it.

What I mean is to treat the sniper kit as we would the jet.

When we see a player in our squad (infantry) who gets in a jet we explain to them that your in a infantry squad and it is best to start a jet squad/ join a jet squad/ or get out of the jet and report to the squad.

I’ll list the limited kit ratios and put my ideas below.

8 players or less on the team = 1 Sniper or Marksman, 1 Support, 1 AA Rifleman, 1 Heavy AT

No restrictions on who gets these kits. With such numbers, I believe it is o.k for a 6 man (grunt) squad to request any of these things.

16 players or less on the team = 1 Sniper or Marksman, 2 Support, 1 AA Rifleman, 1 Heavy AT

Here, I believe if you want to use the sniper kit, you should start a sniper squad.
    The rest of the kits I would not put any restrictions on.

24 players or less on the team = 2 Sniper or Marksman, 3 Support, 2 AA Rifleman, 2 Heavy AT

Here, I would put restrictions on all kits based upon the type of squad you are in.

* This would require a whole new squad to be created for the Suppoort, AA, Heavy AT kits to be in*
    Will explain later in another post.

Enforcement will have some of the old and some of the new.

Old. Like before the SL handles the issue by telling their squad mates that those kits should be found in special squads, and that they should join them or not get the kit again.

New. The sniper squad leader after being told by the quarter master the kit is already been given and all, gets a com link with the CO, and from there the CO tracks down the squad the kit (easily done) and goes from there in a diplomatic fashion.

This type of mechanized game play will suite the mod well.

In Conclusion,

IMO, the creators of PR set these limited kits up in a manner that they are strong assets to the team and not for everyone to run around with them.

I believe they should be treated the same way jets and choopers are with regards to starting specific squads.

This will improve the efficiency of the team when done so.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 11-15-2006, 10:09 PM.
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Re: Team assets and limited kit etiquette.

This thread is for brainstorming squad set ups for better team cohesion.
    Below are the common set ups we common to. However, changes have been made in order to reflect the set up of the mod.

Keep the following in mind when reading this. The basis of the thread demands it.

Logic for the Quartermaster giving out limited kits.

players or less on the team = 1 Sniper or Marksman, 1 Support, 1 AA Rifleman, 1 Heavy AT

16 players or less on the team = 1 Sniper or Marksman, 2 Support, 1 AA Rifleman, 1 Heavy AT

24 players or less on the team = 2 Sniper or Marksman, 3 Support, 2 AA Rifleman, 2 Heavy AT

32 players or less on the team = 3 Sniper or Marksman, 4 Support, 3 AA Rifleman, 3 Heavy AT

Special note: Rick is not a Top Gun, suggestions and comments needed on this set up.

Gunship: no limited kits allowed

Note: perhaps two squads are needed per gunship in order for better communications.
    Note: perhaps the Chopper pilots should be in this squad in order to coordinate drop offs and lift offs. Gunships watch his/her back.

Special note: Rick is not a Gunship pilot, suggestions and comments needed.
    1. Do you all recommend one squad for two gunships?
    2. Would a couple of extra Chopper pilots though your game off if allowed in these squads?
    ____________________________________________-

Transport Chopper pilots: no limited kits allowed

Due to the fact the little birds carry up to 6 players, the Chopper pilot squad be formed when large 7 manned choppers are available.
    However, during scrims were the squads can be managed well, five man squads would warrant some dedicated little bird pilots.
    Furthermore, if someone wants to fly the little bird to pick up Support squad fire teams, or anyone, that would be super tight. Tight, because that squad needs to be quick. More below.

Distinctions: These hardy pilots are either very courageous or very something else as they risk it all to drop off and pick up grunt squads. They must be also cunning to drop off a Sniper/Recon team behind enemy lines without letting the enemy know.
    __________________________________________________ ________

Amour: no limited kits allowed
    Note:
    1. at least a two man team will be needed per tank for it to be functional.
    2. A third for the gunner spot is recommended.
    3. It is also recommend for the driver to be the engineer so that they do not get ran over while repairing.
    4. With the communications needed for the two man team to work the tank team, perhaps each tank should get a squad. However, with only 9 squads, the team could run out quickly. Will trouble shot this.
    Descriptions:

1. Does not engage in direct assaults, only supplements.
    2. Defends flags under emergency conditions.
    3. Focuses on negating the enemy amour, and air vehicles and protecting friendly flanks.
    4. Bombards enemy known positions with tank rounds.

__________________________________________________ ______

Sniper squad/s.

8 players or less on the team = 1 Sniper or Marksman. Anyone can grab this

16 players or more on the team = 1 Sniper or Marksman. Should start sniper squad

24 players or more on the team = 2 Sniper or Marksman. Should start sniper squad

32 players on the team = 3 Sniper or Marksman. Should start sniper squad

Sniper/Recon: Sniper limited kit allowed
    Note:
    1. It is recommended that the Rifleman kit be the spotter (night vision goggles) and ammo guy for the sniper. Plus the first aid will keep this small detail alive when far way from friendly bases.
    2. Recommend the spotter be the squad leader.

Descriptions

1. Found on open terrain maps with a lot of geography for flanking.
    2. The eyes and ears of the platoon, this squad will relay enemy movement via spot, CO, and text message.
    3. As the eyes of the team, the detail will provide arty requests that would other wise not be called in.
    Hint: Only visual arty calls can be made with the t commo rose button. CO cannot call in strikes himself/herself. Side note: This aspect is what makes PR so awesome.
    4. The team does not do direct assaults or defends, it supplements the squad/s there.
    5. Transport choppers are their best ride. Remember to have someone drop you off at a location and not leave the chopper setting there and walk away.

Sniper/Marksman: Sniper limited kit allowed
    Note:
    1. Found in urban areas, this sniper is much closer to the action.
    2. Regardless, they obtain much of the Sniper/Recon training and philosophy for success, there for they still should be in their own squads and have a spotter who can watch their back. Here the Anit-Personnel may be your SL, because of the claymores that can be used to defend your six.

Note: In situation were there are more than two snipers. (up to three at most, the sniper team will make the call on forming two squads.

Special Note: Rick is not a sniper, so recommendations here are needed, thanks.

__________________________________________________ _
    Assets: no limited kits allowed
    Note:
    1. It is recommend to have at least two spec ops in the squad. Each kit comes equipped with two 15 second explosive charges (SLAM) that will take down anything if both are placed on the asset.
    2. A Rifleman should be in the squad for ammo.
    3. Lets bring a long an engineer also. If properly re supplied the engineer can place 8 mines down. Will remain around for 10 minutes. Also their big’ol C4 charge will finish off any thing else in the area. The mines would be good for traps and such.
    4. Recommend no more than four members in these squads.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

A new squad that are the special teams of the platoon.

8 players or less on the team = 1 Support, 1 AA Rifleman, 1 Heavy AT. Anyone can grab these.

16 players or less on the team = 2 Support, 1 AA Rifleman, 1 Heavy AT. Anyone can grab these.

24 players or more on the team = 3 Support, 2 AA Rifleman, 2 Heavy AT. Support squad should be created.

32 players on the team = 4 Support, 3 AA Rifleman, 3 Heavy AT. Support squad should be created.

Squad name. Support.
    Note: all limited kits allowed except sniper.
    Note: It is recommended for the support squad to be created if there are 24 players and up on the team.
    Note: There are infinite variations to the support squad depending upon the circumstances of the map.
    Note: Rifleman should be in every squad.

Some include the following:

6 man squad:
    1 Rifle man (regular kit with ammo bags)
    2-3 Support (limited)
    1 AA (limited)
    1 Super AT (limited)

1 Rifleman
    3 Supports
    1 Grenade launcher
    1 Anti-Personnel

3 man squads:
    Alpha
    1 Rifleman
    2 Support

Bravo

1 Rifleman
    2 Super AT

5 man squads

1 Rifleman
    4 Support

Some distinctions of this squad. It does not assault flags. It defends the inside perimeter of the flag only when it is absolutely necessary.

Its primary skill assets are

Setting up suppressive fire for an assault.

Hunten and setting up ambushes for enemy amour

Hunten and setting up ambushes for enemy choppers and jets

Defending locations away from the flag that the enemy may be flanking from.

Quick movements to support your teammates will be needed.

Fire team distinctions are warranted. Support gun fire team and AA and super AT fire team. The Rifleman would make a good squad leader.

Their primary ride will be a Heavy jeep or A.P.C. This will allow them to

1. Re supply their friends with their ride. (Tip: standing next to or inside a jeep will give you ammo.)

2. The A.P.C. will be needed in order to request limited kits from the quarter master. Keep that A.P.C. safe!

Note: on maps here there are no armour or air vehicles, the Support limited kit will be the only choice to be had.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Grunts (infantry) no limited kits allowed. If already using one and the population picks up and a support or sniper squad starts, switch kits after death or with a corpse, or join the support squad or sniper squad.
    A. Defense
    B. Assault (note, the flash bang will be with the next patch)

A. Kit recommendations.
    1. Rifleman
    1. Medic
    1. Anti-Personnel
    The rest based upon the conditions.

B. Kit recommendations.
    1. Rifleman
    1. Medic
    1. Grenadier
    The rest based upon the conditions.

Distinctions:

The meat and potatoes of the platoon, these fully manned squads spend most of their time around instillations in order to defend or assault a flag.

While each type of squad is fully able to defend or attack at a moments notice, the CO would be wise to select a squad that has the kit and the mind set of defense or assault.

The ride of this type of squad is anything that gets the job done and fast.
    Note: grabbing a ride by jumping on a tank is also a quick way to travel on large maps.

Hardy transport pilots (large choppers) are needed to fly in a full 6 man squad to a hot landing zone.

__________________________________________________ ____
    In conclusion,

I believe these squad set ups would make the games more tactical on the PR server.

Granted, I really do not see this happening other than password nights. At least COs, for scrims, can use this as a resource.

Feel free to post suggestions or flaws in logic.
    Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 11-15-2006, 11:12 PM.

Comment

First, I agree/ very good thread.

One problem... we need to enable Alternate Battlefield Ranking to get the request kits to work. Although many have told me it's a server population problem/bug, all the forums say that if you have ABR enabled it will work. If we already have this set up... fine. I just want these important kits to be availible without having to click 120 times.

I don't have access to the server admin forums (on the PRM site) but the below link is a single post I was linked to that pretty much sums up what i am saying. http://www.realitymod.com/forum/show...7&postcount=37
      The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
      #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
      83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Good intell, Agent.

I had hoped the next patch would solve the current problems, perhaps not...

Glad to see Federal Tax dollars being spent so well.

Comment

To correct the post on the other forum I would assume that it is running on a Linux machine. If it is, then the command is "chmod 777" not "chmode 777". That command gives read, write, modify access to all users and programs on the server.
          Retired 6th DB

Comment

I would highly recommend one squad for two gunships: both gunships can coordinate attacks and spread out the power so both don't end up going for the same target and miss out helping another area in need. They can also gang up on a target together and take it out, or give eachother assistance when they have something on their tail.

Comment

Originally posted by Acid View Post
              I would highly recommend one squad for two gunships: both gunships can coordinate attacks and spread out the power so both don't end up going for the same target and miss out helping another area in need. They can also gang up on a target together and take it out, or give eachother assistance when they have something on their tail.
              I agree.

There are problems with this set-up if someone says "left, left" in alpha ship and the pilot in bravo thinks their gunman said it.

However, your reasoning and the fact that only 9 squads are on a team will make one squad for two gunships sound tactics.

I suppose the transport chopper pilots should be in the squad also in order for better communication right? How much are they going to say over the net to through off the gunship's game?
              They most liekly will talk to the CO more than anything. Plus it would be fun for the Gunship to help out with a landing or pick up like in real life.

I suppose the Chooper pilot should be the squad leder in order to not through off the communication between the two gunship pilots. Plus they can wait after everyone stops talking and explain the planes.

Comment

Squad leaders are often gunners, because it allows them to change objectives/look at the map and not worry about flying into a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Acid View Post
                  Squad leaders are often gunners, because it allows them to change objectives/look at the map and not worry about flying into a tree.
                  true,

The gunner pilot from alpha or bravo gunship should be the SL of a two gunship.

My main, question is, should a squad be given to one or two transport choper pilots? Lots of pros and cons.

Just like in the Tac Mod, the transport choppers seat 7.

And we remember how much fun that was in the TAC Mod scrim. Most likely my best BF2 experience ever.

asch, Kilrogg and PanzerHans did a great job with that.

Comment

Edit to sniper squad layout.

Rifleman does not have binocs.

Good for giveing out ammo, bad for spotting.

Anti-personnel would be a good pick. The claymores are good for defense and they have binocs.

I guess a three man squad: niper, rifleman, anti-personnel would be a good squad.

Comment

While waiting for a gunship to respawn, I was manning the guns on the carrer and decided that the jet squad would need such personnel in their squad.

On maps were the Corp has a ship the squad should get a navy gunner squad member for the following:

1. shoot the blank out of jets that the Top Guns lure to the ship.

2. Protect the jets from enemy jets while friendly jets are taxing and rearming.

3. Defend the flag on the ship.

4. Have their hud on large view and help spot and communicate enemy movements and confermed kills with the jets.

Like before, this would work out well with a scrim.

PS, perhaps the MECs and PLA should have a super AA kit infantry guy at their H.Q. doing something similar.

Comment

Lil bird scout team.

Transport: two seater chopper that has a mini gun and rockets.

The squad leader is in the passenger seat.
                        The squad member is in the pilot seat.
                        This two man squad should be seperate from other squads.

This set up allows the passenger to freely communicate to the CO were soft targets are.

They can use the commo rose for jet and gunship assaults.

This way, if the arty is recharging or needed else were, the CO can click on the scout chopper squad and see the attack marker and then switch over to the jets squad and give them the same marker.

The SL (or passenger) can also call in arty strikes with the commo rose.

The SL should go engineer for repairs and blowing up iteams and such.

The pilot should focus on flying and communicating verbally directions were the enemy is located. Let your passenger spot.

The pilot will need to stick to the flanks of the map and stay low. Getting in close to known enemy positions is maddness.

The objectives will be to cover the flanks of friendly positions. If anything you can draw fire from a flanking detail that does not have fire disipline.

Furthermore, going around the back of the enemy positions is the way to go, not going through the front door.

Use your weapons for defensive measures to keep the enemy supressed as you leave.

Remember, your the eyes and ears of the platoon. Spot everything and well and stay alive.

Please consider the follwing:

Only perform this function in a two seater lil bird. The five seaters should be transport.

Only go at this alone if your really good. Spotting and flying is risky.

Try to set up these squads on large maps.
                        the Lil bird two seater takes on the roll of a gunship on small maps. (Keeping buldings cleaned off of enemy defensive positions and random gunning and rocket runs are in order.)

Comment

Here is a basic rundown of the Platoon structure with PR .509. Infantry map.
                          Note: it would be great if both sides had their own teampeak channels for the three teams introduced. Note: on air maps, another channel will need to be made.
                          ___

Alpha team: Description, Assault unit. 13-16 members in the team. Alpha leader= Squad leader of squad 2.

Squad 1: Description, the Assault specialist. Five-Six members. All warriors are concentrated on the assault. Thanks to the Rally Point, the SL can make like Dark Viper and get’er done. Nothing really special here except how the SL has his/her squad in formation, and fire-team set-up.

Squad leader: Officer Kit

The rest have ALL body armor, and the kit they feel the most comfortable killing others with.

__

Squad 2: Description, the brains and inner/close support of the Alpha team. Five – Six members.

Squad leader: Officer Kit.
                          Note: CO speaks to this squad leader only with regards to order where the team is moving. Sure, they will give away points to other squads in the team, but this after talking with 2 and letting him/her now the plan.
                          Squad 2 will be somewhat of a distraction, at best the riflemen aid in capturing the flag.

Medic (hard core role player, you’re the team’s only primary medic!
                          Rifleman X 2
                          RPG default kit/Engineer ( take out soft targets and bunkers before the assault begins)
                          X factor (kit for the job at hand)

Again, with teamspeak set up, Alpha team can have their SLs use this channel to communicate. The grunts can use this also during critical times.

__

Squad 3: Description, the peripherals of the Alpha team and heavy machine gun support.
                          2-4 members.

Squad leader: Rifleman.

Support gunner X 2-3.

This squad stays low and sets up excellent locations for suppressive fire on the position Alpha is assaulting. The SL will need to keep the guns armed and let the gunners know where to fire at in order for the less amount of friendly deaths. This squad will be venerable to flanks, but should far from danger. However, the SL should watch their back.

==
                          Final Note for Alpha. This team will need to have twice (200% ratio) as many bodies on the flag as the enemy. Granted, destroying them first will help out. Also, the Chain of command will be
                          Grunt
                          Fire-team leader
                          SL
                          Team leader (TL)
                          CO.

---
                          Bravo team. Description: Defense of flags that are at high risk of being assaulted. (If you know the CP capture logic, you are in business. 10-12 members.
                          Special note: Sometimes the enemy will have the option of assaulting picking between multiple flags. The Team leader will need to manage this.

Don’t care who the team leader is, because both squads will be doing the same stuff, However, it would be wise for the Squad that is laying back the most to have the TL in it.
                          But like before, the CO will talk to this TL when issuing new commands.
                          These squads will mostly get by on supply drops, and vehicles for ammo, and rally points for ammo.

Squad 4. (lay back and defend squad) 4-5 members. These guys are laying dog and their kill zone is the flag orb. Granted they have a guy watching their close flanks.

SL= Officer Kit. (have a nice spot to watch the kill zone in order to call in arty)

Anti-Infantrymen X 2-3 (yes this kit is in the game.)

Heavy Machine gun (kill zone flag orb, shoot into the smoke friend.)

__

Squad 5 can either lay dog like squad 4 and focus on the flag orb as a kill zone or go out and set up an ambush for the enemy Assault team. Let’s say they are setting up an ambush.
                          This set-up allows for plenty of frags and claymores, remember, you’re laying prone and under cover and ambushing the enemy, So frag out, and use those claymores intelligently.

SL= Officer Kit (rally point should be behind flag you are defending, this is your first priority.

Rifleman

Anti-Infantry X 2.

Note: You will not have the luxury of setting up an ambush if the enemy has the option of getting going after two flags, you will need to make like squad 4 and focus on the flag orb as your kill zone.

SLs in this team will need to work together to support each other. Furthermore, they need to be frugal with their arty choices; the Assault team will need more arty than you most of the time.

--
                          Charlie team

Squad 6. Description: Special Forces/Recon. 4-6 members in the team.
                          Provide shoot and scoot raids on the enemy positions/flags. Lay ambushes for the enemy. Provide sound recon for the Platoon.

O.k. imagine playing the game like vBF2 i.e. running to gun fire, always running, shooting anything you see, sniping the enemy’s rear flags, having tons of medics in your squad… and then doing the exact opposite of that.

The only time you’re running, is if an arty strike is in bound, or if your being assaulted something fierce, and then you’re still doing a banana peel, so not everyone in the squad is running at one time.

I can’t stress this enough, you guys have got to stay low and crawl a lot when behind enemy lines. Unlike the other squads and teams, you can actually be spread out quite a bit.

SL= Alpha Leader = Officer Kit (Rally point placement and managing your team is important. You will need to be the medic of the squad. You should gather all the intel from your team and report this to the CO.

Bravo Leader= Special Forces. (the only one in the Platoon, your special indeed. Use your excellent marksmanship skills to pick off the enemy from a far, (hopefully you are not still shooting tracers.) Use your stickys to destroy soft vehicles, and cripple armour; but use good judgment here. Crawl, crawl, crawl. You’re sort of like a controlled lone wolf for the Platoon and RELAY the activities on the enemy rear flags and where the enemy is coming from. Don’t get caught short stepping, and role-play your bloody kit already. Plus, it is best to watch the enemy and report what they are doing at their rear flag instead of just shooting guys trying to get into planes and choppers. Bad form to do this. Instead, report the tanks leaving, the grunts leaving, the jets they are using. GET PERMISSION FROM YOUR SQUAD LEADER TO ENGAGE THE ENEMY AT THERE BASES!! This assumes your squad leader is worth a darn.

Alpha two = Rifleman. You’re the new guy to the team. Your learning the ropes. There fore, you will watch the squads rear and give out ammo. The team cannot rely on supply drops and vehicles.

Bravo two = the X factor (most likely anti-infantry or combat enginner). Simply put, you will lay down super awesome ambushes for your team. You had best be far a way when you blow the claymores, cause they will be ever so pissed. You hang out with Bravo one and watch his/her back.
                          As enginner, hook up with Alpha two and lay down your 8 mines and creat you own personal mine field, (evil laugh here). Destroying bridges is a must, just be careful, and get permission first.

Note: this four man detail will be what Al describes as the element that caps in the next conrol group. they also, clear Landing zone for infantry that are arriving via chopper.
                          The raids on rear flags should be a stand up fight, real personal, and not simply sniping players (again bad form).

Charlie one = Trail watcher one, sniper or marksmen. You will be actually far away from your squad leader and rally point. You are actually watching out for the enemy Assault team doing a long flank on the defense team’s flag. Also, you are looking out for the enemy Special forces. When the Defense team pull out, you do the same, but watch the far flanks of the map. Do not let the enemy get by you unnoticed. Firing at the enemy should be done with care. Counting the enemy numbers and the direction they are going is what your main job is.

Charlie two = Trail watcher two. You are doing the same as Charlie one, but on the other side of the map, or at the other flag the other defense squad is defending.

___

__

Special note: This is just a outline. Try to utilize all the special kits.
                          Also, keep in mind with maps with tanks and jets/ choopers will reduce the squad or maybe even 86 some. Example, the gunship is made for close infantry support. Instead of having the Assault team a Heavy machine gun squad, they can use a gunship to hover from a fair and shoot up where they are fixing to assault.
                          Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 03-03-2007, 12:48 PM. Reason: Edited Charlie team.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
                            I agree.

There are problems with this set-up if someone says "left, left" in alpha ship and the pilot in bravo thinks their gunman said it.

However, your reasoning and the fact that only 9 squads are on a team will make one squad for two gunships sound tactics.

I suppose the transport chopper pilots should be in the squad also in order for better communication right? How much are they going to say over the net to through off the gunship's game?
                            They most liekly will talk to the CO more than anything. Plus it would be fun for the Gunship to help out with a landing or pick up like in real life.

I suppose the Chooper pilot should be the squad leder in order to not through off the communication between the two gunship pilots. Plus they can wait after everyone stops talking and explain the planes.
                            One squad for both gunships is probably the best solution. Communications problems between the pilots and their respective gunners can be easily resolved with a set of clearly defined communications protocols.

For example. Let "(Squad 1) AH-1Z" be a squad set up to support 2 USMC attack choppers and 4 pilots. Assume that neither of the two gunners want to fly and would rather man weapon stations, one of whom also fills the SL role, leaving 2 dedicated pilots. Then their communications protocol would be as follows:
                            1. Pilots establish their identity and voice-print to their squad mates.
                              1. While moving to embark upon his chopper and/or while waiting for his engines to warm up, the pilot identifies himself by name.
                              2. The pilot identifies his chopper unit, "Gunship-0x", where 'x' is a number that uniquely identifies his chopper's "serial number" (for lack of a better term), both separate and distinct from his counterpart's "serial number".
                            2. Gunners establish their identity and voice-print to their squad mates.
                              1. The gunner identifies himself by name.
                              2. The gunner acknowledges receipt of his pilot's communiqué by repeating the "serial number" of the chopper unit to which he is attached.
                            3. All squad communications are predicated upon first identifying the chopper unit from whom and for whom such communiqué is transmitted.
                            Example dialogue:
                            Pilot_A: "Pilot_A sounding off. Mounting attack chopper 'Gunship_01', designating 'G1'. G1 preparing for takeoff."
                            Gunner_A: "Gunner_A sounding off. Acknowledging 'Gunship_01', designated 'G1'. Mounting G1."

Pilot_B: "Pilot_B sounding off. Mounting attack chopper 'Gunship_02', designating 'G2'. G2 preparing for takeoff."
                            Gunner_B: "Gunner_B sounding off. Acknowledging 'Gunship_02', designated 'G2'. Mounting G2."

Gunner_A: "G1 - Enemy spotted southwest. Units marked on your map."
                            Pilot_A: "G1 - Acknowledged. Moving to engage."

Pilot_B: "G2 - Under fire! Evasive maneuvers! Requesting G1 support!"
                            Pilot_A: "G1 en route!"

Commander: "Squad 1, suppressive fire needed at grid coordinates D5. Transport choppers are en route and I want that sector cleared for squad insertion."
                            Gunner_A: "Acknowledged commander. Relaying orders."
                            Gunner_A: "G1 to G2, Commander requests air support over D5. Engage hostiles and clear an LZ for inbound transport choppers. G1, we have transport choppers en route to sector D5 for squad insertion. Move to intercept and escort to LZ. G1 to G2; we will arrive and provide backup shortly. Stay frosty. All units move out!"
                            Pilot_A: G1 - Acknowledged.
                            Pilot_B: G2 - Orders received.
                            So long as pilots and gunners are clearly identifying themselves in their communiqué, which should be simple enough, there ought to be no confusion if they happen to fill one squad. The same would be true of any dedicated vehicle-based squad. Using up all 9 squads for the sake of communications is neither necessary nor practical, especially in PRM. The one hitch is relying on J.R.Public to do his bit and not make a mess of things.
                            sigpic

Comment

PRM .509 Fast Mover Squad.

Description: General squad that can handle any task quickly and effectively. Depending upon the battle conditions the squad will be set up differently.

Not used for direct assaults. Not used to defend locations.

The squad is capable of dividing and supporting multiple assaults or defenses.

Squad should be called upon by anti-infantry squads that need support with tank/gunship/sniper/infantry/air/vehicles/anything.

Squad is capable of providing demolitions, mining, and repairs to locations and vehicles.

Squad will be found on the peripherals of the map in order to look out for flanking maneuvers until called in for support.
                              ___

Number in squad: 4-6.

Primary role: Support all specific squads in the unit.

Alpha team:

SL= Officer kit.
                              Alpha two: Rifleman
                              Alpha three: Heavy Antitank/ Support/

Bravo team:

Bravo Leader: Rifleman
                              Bravo two: X factor (most likely engineer or AA special kit)
                              Bravo three: medic (most likely Engineer with armor on battlefield.

Vehicles:
                              light jeep. Alpha team would occupy this jeep. This would allow fire-team to be effective against air and land vehicles. Allows SL to be in the most nimble vehicle.

Heavy TOW jeep. Bravo team would occupy this jeep. This would allow bravo team to be both effective against armored vehicles and air. Furthermore, this jeep allows the transport of two-three personnel. (Think pilots who have been shot down.)

Lil Bird. Seeing how the squad will be broke up into mulitble parts, the lil bird is an excellent choice. Note: Ideally, a squad member is not piloting this aircraft; however, with a full squad it is o.k. This still allows for two fire teams on the ground with a very moble horse to get you around. Plus, if the squad has this, they can further transport anti-infantry fireteams and pick up stranded personnel.

Logistics:

The Heavy AT kit can only be requested from supply drops and A.P.C.s and the designated supply area.
                              All other kits can be requested from the Rally point.

Teampeak: Being a general squad, this squad should have their key bindings to switch to various teams for best support. By default they should be with the Defense team.
                              Example: Bravo team is helping the Assault team out; therefore these three players will switch to their channel.
                              Note: This teampeak set-up is not set-up currently

Closing:

This newly modified Fast Mover Squad will allow the anti-infantry squads to focus on the infantry, thus allowing them to have a more specific kit layout rather than a general format as seen in vBF2.
                              Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 03-06-2007, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement