Project Reality Server --> 32p AAS patched 1.41

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality Server --> 32p AAS patched 1.41

Due to the recent Battlefield 1.41 patch upgrade, we've changed the reality mod server to run in 32-player AAS mode.

The reality mod team has not given their blessing to upgrade to 1.41 due to EA not releasing the linux server files. The dev team has no way of verifying that all servers will work with 1.41. Hence, many of the (external) PR players have not upgraded and will not be able to access our server.

With many in the PR community not upgrading that is going to make it difficult to fill up a 64p server and even more difficult to run a successful conquest game mode. Therefore, we've (temporarily) changed the server to run in the AAS game mode up to 32 players.

Let's capitalize on this opportunity to welcome all of the (external) PR players that have already upgraded to the 1.41 patch and are looking for a place to call home.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Project Reality Server --> 32p AAS patched 1.41

so we need to get the patch...correct..?

Comment

I too am confused. Does this mean that us PR folk should now install the 1.41 patch?

Comment

Yep. It's available in the Members Download section. I installed last night with no problems but haven't had time to actually play on our server.

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
          Therefore, we've (temporarily) changed the server to run in the AAS game mode up to 32 players.
          I was scared AAS would be on forever. I can't stand it. I hate it so much :(

Comment

I don't like it either, but it was pretty fun last night. Just the more people you have the worse it plays.

Comment

I had some problems with the 1.41; plus, the night maps will not load.
              So I went ahead and uninstaled the game.

My plan of action:

Instail game (with UCB headset plugged in)
              Download the PR mod
              Download the 1.41 patch from EA.

Are there any tips I need to make the night maps work while instaling?
              Does anyone suggest something differnt?
              (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
              (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
              (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
              Squad Leader pledge to their team:
              Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
                With many in the PR community not upgrading that is going to make it difficult to fill up a 64p server and even more difficult to run a successful conquest game mode. Therefore, we've (temporarily) changed the server to run in the AAS game mode up to 32 players.
                Would anyone else agree with me that maybe its now time to make the server 64player again? The last three nights the server has been maxed at "peak" times, so much so that its hard to get in again if you dissconnect or worse still crash. Just a thought :)
                It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
                  So I went ahead and uninstaled the game.

My plan of action:

Instail game (with UCB headset plugged in)
                  Download the PR mod
                  Download the 1.41 patch from EA.

I dont think the night maps work unless you have the special forces files. Im not 100% sure but I reinstalled mine and i loaded up the night maps fine afterwards.

Comment

umm I do believe that the map Operation CleanSweep is a special forces night map and I played it today on another PR server other than ours and I do not own special forces so my answer would be no you don;t need SF
                    PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Cleansweep is a regular vanilla map.

Comment

ahh ok that would explain why I was able to play it then. Thanks for the clarification Santa
                        PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post

Night maps currently do not work. The release seems to have been packaged with the wrong shaders for night maps.

Originally posted by Finestyle View Post
                          Would anyone else agree with me that maybe its now time to make the server 64player again? The last three nights the server has been maxed at "peak" times, so much so that its hard to get in again if you dissconnect or worse still crash. Just a thought :)
                          We can take a look at this again. Project Reality doesn't seem to want to support conquest mode so it is making it difficult for us to run that game mode successfully. We're working to try and create something that will work.

We do want to be able to run large 64p games as soon as possible.
                          |TG-12th| asch
                          sigpic

Comment

I kidnapped an old post of mine from back in july

The biggest problem I see with AAS is it becomes a bit too crowded around flags as only the one flag is important so all 64 players are around one point. If AAS could be opened up to allow multiple attack options then it would work better and not be 64 players fighting over a small area. An intriguing idea (by [R-Pub]Cerberus) popped up at PRMM where if a team could turn a flag grey that wasn't in the sequence it would prevent the other team from being able to respawn at the flags that were cut off from their ucb.

In this image (created by [R-Pub]Cerberus) a USMC squad was able to capture the MEC held Hotel. The MEC squads at the Eastern Beach point can no longer spawn on the flag, only their squadleaders or the other 3 flags of course. In turn no USMC squads can spawn at the hotel thus the squad there must hold out until another squad arrives or the USMC can capture the Eastern Beach. The MEC on the other hand will look to either displace the cut off USMC squad at hotel, just keep sending troops to the East Beach or try to cut off the USMC reinforcements themselves. I think its pretty interesting if its possible and allows for more open play then regular AAS but certainly more structured than vanilla BF2.

Comment

PR is looking to allow for a team to neutralize, but not capture, a flag out of order. At this point I don't believe it will break any supply lines however.

PR also has no plan to support conquest mode. They are focusing on linearity and large battles. Unfortunately this tends to be death match play around those focus points.
                              |TG-12th| asch
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...