OK I've got a ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK I've got a ??

I'm in the midst of downloading PRM. I didn't notice any map packs in the download section though, are there any?

I also know that soemtimes PR is played in place of Tacmod and I wrote down the server IP address so I can find it quickly. So is PR taking the place of TM? Is PR being played everynight or just on Sunday and Thursday?

Thanks for the help.

Oh and if all this was answered in a post somewhere then I'm sorry to have missed it and reposted this.

Re: OK I've got a ??

Well at least this question doesn't have anything to do with getting your PC drunk :D

All the maps are included in the install, so there is no map packs to download. As for PR taking the place of Tacmod I couldn't answer that but PR is being hosted fulltime here at TG. Hope that helps
    sigpic

Comment

All the maps are included in the download. That's why it's 1.7 gigs!

I don't think anyone is sure of the status of PR/Tac Mod at the moment. I'd personally like to see at least one Tac Mod night a week so I can get my Inishail, Operation Phoenix, Jibbel, and Steel Thunder fix.
      Beatnik

Comment

Tacmod is by far the best internet gaming experience I have ever had. If it goes I will cry.

Comment

What was TacMod ?
          You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
          So that when they turn their backs on you,
          You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

The last post in TG's TacMod forums is dated in 2007, so I'm not sure how active that mod is.

Project Reality is played 24/7, although the TG server is not always full.

You must download and install the core and then the levels from http://www.realitymod.com/downloads.html

Just ignore the patch if you don't have any PR installed.

FYI - The release of another MAJOR update is imminent and v.87 will soon be v.9.

Comment

Originally posted by =KOF=CR8Z View Post
              The last post in TG's TacMod forums is dated in 2007, so I'm not sure how active that mod is.

Project Reality is played 24/7, although the TG server is not always full.

You must download and install the core and then the levels from http://www.realitymod.com/downloads.html

Just ignore the patch if you don't have any PR installed.

FYI - The release of another MAJOR update is imminent and v.87 will soon be v.9.

Look at the date. This thread is from 2006. Callous was asking what Tacmod was.

Comment

Gotta love necro posting :-)

Comment

What the heck, does everyone want to be Tom Selleck now?
                  |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                  sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                  I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

To answer the question, TacMod is PR's daddy. It's where it all started.

Comment

From what I can tell TacMod was actually being developed by TG, but then we found PR and that was better..

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...field-2-a.html

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6136862419780637721#[/media]

Comment

A couple old Tac Mod maps were actually in previous versions of PR. Two of my favorites as well, Operation Phoenix and Inishail Forest.
                        Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

As I recall, PR started with Novalogic's Joint Operation:Typhoon Rising, which pre-dates BF2. They migrated their efforts to BF2.

Note: that's totally wrong. I had confused the names of the mods.
                          Last edited by |TG|HansBrix; 01-27-2010, 02:47 PM. Reason: I was wrong.

Comment

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...t-reality.html

*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer
                              What is TacMod?
                              TacMod was an all-TG modification (by SgtDuke) in an effort to enhance teamwork, increase the need for tactics and improve the TG ethos to Battlefield 2. TacMod edits the existing BF2 gameplay with updated kits, weapon damages, and most of all some of the most memorable BF2 community made maps of all time.

Features
                              TacMod FAQ

What happened to TacMod?
                              TacMod continued to grow in popularity at TG until SgtDuke made some real life changes and moved across the world. The timing coincided with the increased popularity of Project Reality. Eventually the BF2 TG'ers moved onto (Project Reality). Project Reality overtook both TacMod and Vanilla here at TG. TG stopped supporting TacMod around .4 and by early 2007 (With the release of PR .5) TG had completely switched to Project Reality. Ever wonder where old-school PR maps such as Operation Compton,
                              Inishail Forest, Greasy Mullet, Pheonix, and Steel Thunder came from? TacMod, baby.

While TacMod did not outlive other mods here at TG, it's modification and features eventually found a home in Project Reality.
                              Many of TG's most veteran PR players found their roots with Vanilla BF2 and TG's infamous TacMod.
                              Maps:
                              • Checkpoint Abadan
                              • Steel Thunder
                              • Maszarqi Siege
                              • Jibbel City
                              • Inishail Forest
                              • Port Fear
                              • Operation Frog
                              • Operation Compton
                              • Operation Greasy Mullet
                              • Operation Phoenix
                              • Classic BF2 Vanilla Maps

What you need to play!:
                              • A working copy of Battlefield 2.

Many PR Veterans claim heritage to Tactical Gamer's in-house BF2 modification TacMod.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...mod-night.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...night-aar.html
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                              Level I HazMat Technician
                              NYS EMT-B
                              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...