maps, im new to TG, and need info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maps, im new to TG, and need info

i began to join a server and then message popped up i dont have map, im new to site, so if someone could help me find the maps to download, thanks.

one more thing, is there also other maps for vanilla BF2 that TG has, if so where can i get those maps as well?

Re: maps, im new to TG, and need info

Welcome to TG. :) Please read the rules and SOPs.

As long as you have Project Reality installed and up-to-date you should be fine. We also run a Point of Existence 2 server, so you may want to install that. We no longer run vanilla here, only those 2 mods.
    |TG| Lorian
    Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by dav3 View Post
      i began to join a server and then message popped up i dont have map, im new to site, so if someone could help me find the maps to download, thanks.

one more thing, is there also other maps for vanilla BF2 that TG has, if so where can i get those maps as well?
      Do you know what map was running on the server when you got this message?
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I am experiencing this same problem and could not find a solution elsewhere on the forums. I recently bought the Battlefield 2 Deluxe Edition and Battlefield 2 Booster Pack Collection and followed the instructions provided in the How to get started with the Project Reality Mod (for free!) thread. However, I received the following message upon trying to join the TacticalGamer.com PR .5 server:

"You do not have the map which is currently in rotation on this game server."

The map in question was Operation_Greasy_Mullet.

Comment

Sounds like you don't have the mod installed.

Go into your battlefield directory. The one in your program files, not your my documents. Once in there, go into the \mods directory. What do you see in there? You should find the PR mod.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard guys...Asch will get you fixed up I'm sure.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
              Sounds like you don't have the mod installed.

Go into your battlefield directory. The one in your program files, not your my documents. Once in there, go into the \mods directory. What do you see in there? You should find the PR mod.
              In my C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods directory, I have the following folders:
              • bf2
              • pr
              • xpack

I know this is going to sound foolish, but I am new to Battlefield 2 and its modules. Do you need to start the game using the shortcut provided by Project Reality?

Comment

Oh...I wanted to add...if you see me on TS give me a shout out and I'll try to help while Im sitting there in front of my pc...

@pfeil....No...you don't have to be in PRM but it saves a step..I have all the TG servers saved on my favorites list and regardless of how I start Bf2 (disk insertion, BF2 shortcut, POE shortcut, PRM shortcut) all the maps for all the versions appear on my browser...Kind of a universal BF2 clearing house I guess... You don't need to start with the PRM shortcut. You'll get an ingame browser and the maps should be listed, regardless of mod or BF2 version. If you have the mod or version you'll see it in green meaning good to join...if it's a mod or version you don't have it will be in red.

track down our TS info and give a shout out on TS sometime...I'll be glad to help.

PS...if you have a PRM shortcut on your desktop or quick launch bar you definately have PRM installed. If it is installed and your getting this error on Greasy Mullet I'd say delete PRM, do a defrag, redownload the PRM client file and reinstall...bet that will fix you up.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Well, I followed Grunt70s advice and removed Project Reality using my Control Panel and deleted the folder from my Battlefield 2 directory. I reinstalled the module and rebooted my computer, but was still unable to log into the Tactical Gamer server and received the same message. However, I was able to log into a different server running the same map, Operation Greasy Mullet, with no problem. I was also able to log into another server with a different map in its rotation.

I remain baffled and welcome any suggestions as to how to resolve this problem.

Comment

You are launching with the PR shortcut? Have you tried while the server's on another map?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

dont we require the map packs as well? I know in order to be 100% prepared for anytime TG play you have to have BF2+boosters, PR, PoE2, Mappacks 1 & 2. Sounds like its either a PR/map install problem or something wont let you in.

Comment

I am going to strike this one up to the gophers in my computer going on strike, as I was able to join the Tactical Gamer server later in the evening. The only possible explanation I can think of is that the Operation Greasy Mullet map was conflicting with something on both ends. Unfortunately, it did not make the rotation while I was playing on the server, so I am not sure if the issue is resolved or I simply dodged the problem for a night.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfeil2281 View Post
                          I know this is going to sound foolish, but I am new to Battlefield 2 and its modules.
                          From this I gather you haven't registered your BF2 ID to make sure you get a reserved slot on the server, being a supporting member and all. Probably the reason you couldn't get on earlier in the night was due to its being maxed out (62 players); you were able to get on later when there was an opening.

Following these instructions should ensure you'll "make" an opening even if the server is full.

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post
                            From this I gather you haven't registered your BF2 ID to make sure you get a reserved slot on the server, being a supporting member and all. Probably the reason you couldn't get on earlier in the night was due to its being maxed out (62 players); you were able to get on later when there was an opening.

Following these instructions should ensure you'll "make" an opening even if the server is full.
                            I appreciate the suggestion as to what may have been the problem, but I registered my PID a day earlier and the server was empty when I was trying to log onto it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X