Aas??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aas??

Ok I understand the concept of capturing flags in a certain order. I was told however that once a flag is taken it can't be retaken. Well I just got done playing some AAS and not only can taken flages be retaken but the enemy can sure as hell sneak in behind you and take the first flag you started with? Explain to me how this is defferent than conquest. If my squad has to take flags 1-4 in a certain order 1,2,3,4 that's fine, but it makes no sense for the enemy squad to sneak all the way back to 1 and take that one thereby eliminating the threat of us taking 3. SO we have to go all the way back to 1 and in the mean time 3 and 2 have fallen...... what the heck is this all about?

Oh and just as an FYI this is really hard with only 6 people on the server.... *grin*.

Thanks for listening.

Re: Aas??

The server is now running in Conquest mode. AAS is turned off. :)
    Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Backlash-7 View Post
      I was told however that once a flag is taken it can't be retaken.
      That is incorrect. Flags can be lost in reverse order in AAS. I think there may be one map that doesn't allow recapture, but for the most part, AAS just dictates and order to capture / lose.

And as Beat just mentioned... we're back to true conquest mode.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
        The server is now running in Conquest mode. AAS is turned off. :)
        Then wht does the intro screen show the "red line" that denotes order of capture? Oh and I just played the map with the canyon in it (remember the gate defense?) and we couldnt' retake any area that had gone nuetral. None. We couldn't even get a flag that was uncontested and unoccupied to go from the American flag down to neutral...... It's really bad on the troops when they realize that no matter what you do you can't stop the bleed. Makes trying to survive pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Backlash-7 View Post
          Oh and I just played the map with the canyon in it (remember the gate defense?) and we couldnt' retake any area that had gone nuetral.
          Backlash, that map has a different version of AAS where defending team cannot take back a flag once it is lost. All the other maps (to my knowledge) have regular AAS.

Comment

Yeah we can't change the loading maps, so you'll see the AAS graphic even though we're running conquest.

I didn't realize Al Falluijah Region would not convert to Conquest mode. Actually, I like the fact that that particular map is still a straight push/assault map. It makes those gate battles epic. It'll be interesting to see that map played with over 50 people on the server. That particular gate conflict should be something that is very grandiose, but could be described by a four letter word starting with "e"!

;)
            Last edited by Beatnik; 11-26-2006, 10:41 PM.
            Beatnik

Comment

I am wondering if it is possible to have a mix of game modes. Some maps work really well in the PR game mode, the prime example being the map where you have to blow up wooden barrier to advance to the second part of the map.
              Has this been considered?

Comment

That map (Al Fallujah Region) remains in its AAS-esque mode (i.e. you can't re-cap a flag once USMC neutralizes it). So that's the good news. The bad news is that we can't toggle game modes on the fly.

After seeing Al Fallujah played last night with 60 people, it was blatantly obvious that there were WAY too many people on the map to progress past that wall chokepoint, so it looks like the most players we can see playing on that map is about 30. It's still a great map but just not designed for 60 people.
                Beatnik

Comment

That map (Al Fallujah Region) remains in its AAS-esque mode (i.e. you can't re-cap a flag once USMC neutralizes it). So that's the good news. The bad news is that we can't toggle game modes on the fly.

After seeing Al Fallujah played last night with 60 people, it was blatantly obvious that there were WAY too many people on the map to progress past that wall chokepoint, so it looks like the most players we can see playing on that map is about 30. It's still a great map but just not designed for 60 people.
                  So it didn't work with 60 people? Darnit! All said and done I really like that map (now that I know the deal with the flags) and I love both assaulting and defending that gate.

Comment

Well, on defense we had a blast! Not so much for those assaulting, apparently. ;) They got to the gate and never got through. Concentrating 60 people anywhere is going to result in a massive logjam.
                    Beatnik

Comment

Well, on defense we had a blast! Not so much for those assaulting, apparently. ;) They got to the gate and never got through. Concentrating 60 people anywhere is going to result in a massive logjam.
                      The last time I played this the USA actually got through and took the Canyon point. Of course then they had an open ground run to get to the Bunkers and we were cutting them up pretty good. Then there was that one damn hummer and .50 cal.........

We still made them pay for every inch of ground though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X