CTD help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD help

I've started having some CTD issues. In the past week or so I've CTD'd about a dozen times and am getting a message that says this

"mods/xpack/shaders/terrainshader.fx not found. find and sync your shaders before contacting the programmer"

Any ideas on what in the heck that means? Was this something that should have been fixed with the .4 release or maybe the BF2 1.41 release?

Re: CTD help

Originally posted by Backlash-7 View Post
    I've started having some CTD issues. In the past week or so I've CTD'd about a dozen times and am getting a message that says this

"mods/xpack/shaders/terrainshader.fx not found. find and sync your shaders before contacting the programmer"

Any ideas on what in the heck that means? Was this something that should have been fixed with the .4 release or maybe the BF2 1.41 release?
    This will happen on night maps if you don't have Special Forces installed.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
      This will happen on night maps if you don't have Special Forces installed.

DB
      Do you mean BF2 Special Forces? I thought that was a stand alone that didn't have any effect on BF2/POE2/TACMOD/PRM.

Comment

Originally posted by Backlash-7 View Post
        Do you mean BF2 Special Forces? I thought that was a stand alone that didn't have any effect on BF2/POE2/TACMOD/PRM.
        That xpack folder is part of BF2 SF (this is where the shader used for night maps is). Not sure if this is something that can be fixed by the PRM team or not.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

When PR compiled their release, it appears they referenced the SF shader and not the custom PR shader... so anyone w/o SF CTDs. It's a known issue that should be out in the v0.41 release. And that release should be out soon.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
            When PR compiled their release, it appears they referenced the SF shader and not the custom PR shader... so anyone w/o SF CTDs. It's a known issue that should be out in the v0.41 release. And that release should be out soon.
            now that is a good post (6,996).

I hope numba 7,000 is as good as that.

Just say something like...

"PR rules"

and you should be gold.
            (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
            (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
            (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
            Squad Leader pledge to their team:
            Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Hopefully by now many of these have subsided.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Another necro??

God, that's classic Randy

(who can get the reference?)
                AnimalMother
                Ex TG-31st LR
                "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

In forums that are more active it's actually a pointless and counter productive act as these 'contributions' push worthwhile posts out of the 'latest post' slot. As a result a visitor to our main forums clicks on say the last post in PR and is confronted with a series of time wasting posts, rather than actual worthwhile contributions. I'd appreciate it if it stopped now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                    In forums that are more active it's actually a pointless and counter productive act as these 'contributions' push worthwhile posts out of the 'latest post' slot. As a result a visitor to our main forums clicks on say the last post in PR and is confronted with a series of time wasting posts, rather than actual worthwhile contributions. I'd appreciate it if it stopped now.
                    Is this considered an active part of the TG forums?
                    |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Read my post again, I am pointing out that there are standards that people are expected to meet when posting on the TG forums and highlighting why they exist. It was an Administrative comment and reminder as to why pointless necro posting, like all pointless posts is in fact frowned upon. It doesn't really require any further comment, from anyone.

Comment

And this is how threads get locked and people get put on probation...

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X