No announcement yet.

New Conquest mode modification (v2.0).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Conquest mode modification (v2.0).

Note: this modification has nothing to do with the current situation on the TG server and the wack-a-moke issues. These issues will be resolved.

This mode is a more intense version of the Current TG bleed set-up on the conquest server that will go well with the more realistic gameplay of PR.

This post was taken from the followng thread: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...mode-idea.html

Ok. Ok. Judging from the lake of posts on my original game mode, I’d say the idea was garbage. I’ll modify it so that it can work. Plus I have recruited music sensation, Britney Spears to help me promote this game mode.

I’ll call in “Conquest version 2.0.” I believe vanilla’s Conquest is a misnomer. On assault maps, you only need to stop bleed (first flag) and then start killing everyone and not worry about gaining new positions.
    Enter TG’s bleed system that makes the gameplay more realistic on assault/ defense maps.
    I will not discuss the cool bleed system on the TG server, only that my system is the same but the intensity is turned up on the need to keep positions.

Basically this game mode is like it is now only beefed up on steroids.

Here goes.

1. Have way more tickets.

2. Have way more of a bleed when not holding the majority of flags.

The primary reason for these changes: This will further encourage flag defense because the team that has the most flags will bleed the enemy something fierce.

The amount of flags you hold will not influence the severity of bleed on the enemy.
    What I mean is that, if your team holds 4 flags and the enemy 2, they enemy will bleed with the same intensity as if they had 3 flags.

The reason for the larger ticket count will allow games not to go by too quickly.

The reason for the same amount of bleed no matter how many more flags you have will be also to allow the game not to go by too quickly and to allow a come back from the other team.

Some questions:

Rick, is this not the same thing now if you add more tickets while adding more bleed punishment?

Excellent question: The whole objective for this modification on the Conquest mode will be to further encourage defense of friendly positions.
    Therefore, the amount of increased tickets will not be as intense as the amount of bleed.
    For example, increase the amount of tickets by 100% (of what it is now). Increase the amount of bleed intensity when a team is down a flag by 250% (from what it is now).

Of hand I would say that on TG games, the team that has the most flags when the timer ends and wins the game is around 70-80%. This is great and represents a conquest game were owning flags is needed to role-play the map.

This modified system (version 2.0) will get that percentage up to 85-95% because the need for holding flags are more important than running and gunning.
    Note: the time spent on these maps should be about the same as is now, unless a team gets owned, then it will end quicker than before, a good thing in IMO.)

Thank you for your time.

PS, Ms. Spears will be here later to answer any of your questions about the mode. So post comments.
    Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 12-07-2006, 12:15 PM.
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Re: New Conquest mode modification (v2.0).

Be advise, due to her being fired from the marketing team, Ms. Spears will no longer be taking questions.

thank you for your time.
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Re: New Conquest mode modification (v2.0).

Rick... you've got some great ideas. I'm guessing the lack of responses is in part due to the wrong audience. Other than having a discussion on the game mode, there isn't much we can do about it.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...