Reality Mod review and unofficial 0.41 changelog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality Mod review and unofficial 0.41 changelog

Project Reality Mod review from TotalBF2.

Unofficial 0.41 changelog from the PR forums.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Reality Mod review and unofficial 0.41 changelog

Sounds great. I like the idea of officer kits. Kind of interesting how they are now requiring squad membership for getting kits. While this could be annyoing on low player counts, I think it will work fine because who really needs to play sniper 1v1. Will TG consider AASv2? Sounds like it will spread the battle out, while keeping a focus on a certain area.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Some incredible new features seem to be coming there.

-Officer kits= great since I'm often SL, and allows recognizing SL.

-Completely new flag cap logic designed to make battles fpr CPs take place over neutral flags. Now where have I seen that before??? Extremely deserved Kudos to the devteam for taking good advice, not many people possess that skill.

-APC spawning? Not sure about this one, I'm in a squad to spawn, why would I need an apc?

-New vehicle damage system sounds ground breaking for bf2.

-Who or what is merlin supposed to be???? I can't imagine they are putting a WOW style magician in the game so anyone, what is a merlin?

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
        Some incredible new features seem to be coming there.

-Officer kits= great since I'm often SL, and allows recognizing SL.

-Completely new flag cap logic designed to make battles fpr CPs take place over neutral flags. Now where have I seen that before??? Extremely deserved Kudos to the devteam for taking good advice, not many people possess that skill.

-APC spawning? Not sure about this one, I'm in a squad to spawn, why would I need an apc?

-New vehicle damage system sounds ground breaking for bf2.

-Who or what is merlin supposed to be???? I can't imagine they are putting a WOW style magician in the game so anyone, what is a merlin?

Unless I miss my guess a "Merlin" is a British transport helicopter. Oh and I agree that the vehicle damage is ground breaking. I'd love to hit a tank and knock the track off of it.

Comment

One note on the damage is that it will not take into account what part of the tank you hit; as you do more damage, things will be disabled accordingly. Read it from devs at forum.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
            This is the one thing in 2142 I really liked. It makes an APC even more important for the team. The vehicles in PR are really misunderstood. The Devs hint at it in their posts. Vehicle combat is not suppossed to be like BF2 run up and slug it out like a boxing match. It's meant to be long range engagement. Check the ammo count for that. The power of vehicles aren't as anti-vehicle, but as support fire platforms for infantry movements. The required coordination in vehicle use seems to limit this, but better to not have them at all than whored. Also one of the notes was that the APC's would be losing their TOW's. This makes the APC very vunerable to MBT's thus encouraging standing off and providing cover and a spawn location. Many of hte maps have huge distances between flags and the APC placed strategically could give that team a great advantage.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Yeah, I think the APC spawning may change gameplay on PRM maps to the better by a long way. For the reasons Tha Kahn specified and more.

If you are using fire teams, both can have a spawn - Alpha on the APC and Bravo on the SL, thus providing two channels of attack on an objective. Plus- a fallback spawn point should either fall. This would lead to less frustration and the prospect of a marathon hike and/or change of objective should the SL fall.

Realism is this issue may be at stake, but I don't think one can object given that we have 'spawning' in games in the first place.

Oh, and check out Merlin:
              http://realitymod.com/forum/t9106-pr...elicopter.html

looks beautiful and they hint that it would have a movable rear-ramp: sweet!
              -nick 'Ale06'

Comment

yea khan APC spawning is gonna be awesome!!!

It will really make APC a support vehicle, and a very powerful asset that you DO NOT want to loose.

The way they are used in BF2 right now is essentially a 'Light Tank' and its neither good for gameplay or realism...

8 person means you can have a full time crew AND fit an entire squad in the back, promoting inter-squad teamwork.

The biggest problem I still see: NO SQUAD LEADER VOIP CHANNEL. All commands near to be relayed back to the commander, but I have yet to see a truly competant commander getting things done.

Ive tried commanding before, but its prety overwhelming and frustrating when your SL's are crap. I cant seem to figure out how to relay my commands to only the right squads, but yet keep comms open so anyone can contact me...

411 is also going to see CHAT MESSAGES greatly reduced. This will hopefully increase inter-squad communication, because now you wont have all that crap clogging up the message area. Right now, ill try to send a message but it usually turns out something like this:

jimmy: 'Enemy Forces Spotted!'
                fuzzhead: 'This is Squad 1, flanking right!'

Usually no one gonna hear what I said.

Now with most chat messages out, its spotting is going to be a more involved ordeal. I think it feels ALOT better, and Im already learning basic Chinese & Arabic (albeit poor BF2 chinese/arabic hehe)

Comment

I think having kits for armor is also going to be huge. I've never been in a tank on a PR server, firing HEAP rounds into a hostile CP as friendly infantry advanced under my fire, and not had someone hop in the drivers seat and drive me right into the maelstrom. They're not in my squad, and chat doesn't get their attention (or they don't care). Yessir, I'm looking forward to the tank crew kits...

No more "friendly hijackings".

Comment

Originally posted by Backlash-7 View Post
                    Unless I miss my guess a "Merlin" is a British transport helicopter.
                    It's primarily ASW and SAR, but close enough. :)
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X