Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does PR Mod have slower gameplay??

Hey all,

Just got back into BF2 yesterday after a longgggg hiatus...mainly due to real life and ArmA. So I'm looking at the mods that you guys are mainly playing..POE and PR.

I played a little POE last night...seemed very fast!!! So is the game play of PR slower/more tactical??? I guess I"m used to the pace of Armed Assault.

Just wondering and thanks.

Chappie

Re: Does PR Mod have slower gameplay??

Yes it is slower.

Comment

Due to situational awarness being decreased it is slower.

Not knowing who or what killed you, makes the squad or team clueless on what is at there. They will need to preceed with cauton.
      What I am mean by this is: Not being able to see the player who killed you and their weapon of choice. In van this was possilbe allowing you to quickly know what your up against and how to negat it.

So, much much slower if you want to live.

It really is fun.

The grenade launcher rounds really go through air and have good splash damage.
      The arty blasts have huge spash damage. IMO too many arty vollies happen in a game (it reloads too quickly).

Yeah, PR is for you.
      (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
      (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
      (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
      Squad Leader pledge to their team:
      Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

You run, revive, resupply and heal slower. Tanks reload way slower etc.
        That is why it seems to be less popular I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Chappie View Post
          So is the game play of PR slower/more tactical??? I guess I"m used to the pace of Armed Assault.
          Yeah, PRM is the mod that closest resembles ArmA. Tis a treat!

Comment

It depends on what you classify as Fast. If you mean a lot of action all the time, then yes POE2 is faster. If you mean intense firefights, then I think they are pretty equal.

Comment

I should have been a bit more clearer I guess. Last night on the POE server it just seemed like run and gun...get to the next waypoint/flag as quickly as possible...run there, shoot and repeat....

I guess I'm used to Arma....very slow methodical gameplay...but intense firefights when they occur...I'm hoping PR is a bit more like Arma...but not quite the same. Just looking for something a bit different to spice things up occasionally.

thanks,

Chappie

Comment

Originally posted by Chappie View Post
                Just looking for something a bit different to spice things up occasionally.

thanks,

Chappie
                Then PRM is for you... :) I think its an amazing MOD and is super fun, you can kill just as easily as you can GET killed. The maps are better. I really like how you have to physically see the person you shoot die to know for sure if their dead or not.. its just great.. I like vanilla and poe2, but PRM is primary for me :D
                Dizlor

Comment

PRM is a great mod with awsome teamplay abilities and is very well thought out in terms of balance. The weapons are awsome and the tactics are much better than in PoE or vanilla.

Comment

Aculle brings up a good point. The weapons are extremely lethal in PRM, and if you're injured you can "bleed out" if a medic doesn't tend to your wounds. In AAS mode everyone is pretty much fighting around the same one or two flags and with that sort of lethality it can feel like run-n-gun but with a much higher body count. That's why seeding our server is so critical. We don't run AAS and if we can teach the importance of defending a flag to initiate bleed, then the games are fan-frickin'-tastic. The nights where we get 20-30 TGers on and 30-40 "guests" are generally a blast.

Comment

Curious.

How differnt is the new AAS mode differnt from the old one?

Or are they still using the same kind as before (October and November).

I remember asch talking about talking with them about how to change it and be more like our Tac Mod.
                      (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                      (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                      (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                      Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                      Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
                        Curious.

How differnt is the new AAS mode differnt from the old one?

Or are they still using the same kind as before (October and November).

I remember asch talking about talking with them about how to change it and be more like our Tac Mod.
                        The current version (0.4) is the same AAS logic. In the upcoming version (0.5) the logic has been modified. It's not quite like the Tactical Mod but it should be an improvement over the current AAS. The goal of the new AAS mode is to still "guide" the battles (i.e. avoid flag hopping) and still allow for 64 player servers.
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...