No announcement yet.

Project Reality v0.5 release date set!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality v0.5 release date set!

(original post)

Alright lady and gentlemen of the faithful Project Reality Community, time for an update and of course some more eye candy for your enjoyment. The entire Development team, along with our dedicated team of awesome testers, have been grinding away on the latest update to Project Reality. While we have run into some “hiccups” along the way, we are steadily gaining ground on having a release-worthy build ready for the public. The team has laid down the law and cut off any more additions / major adjustments to the v0.5 build. Basically, if it is not currently working in-game, it is being moved to the v0.6 agenda.

We have set the release date for Project Reality v0.5 at February 8th, 2007. Sometime, somewhere in the world on that date, the latest instalment of the award winning Project Reality mod will be released. So, we are now entering the home stretch on Project Reality v0.5 and with that said, we have brought back a feature for you, the community, to help spread the word about PR and inform your fellow BF2 players on our upcoming v0.5 release. That’s right, the Official Project Reality v0.5 Signature has arrived!

We encourage both new and old players to keep a close eye on the Project Reality Wiki, as we are doing our best to prepare the community on the major gameplay changes coming in v0.5.

An example of a major change is the new vehicle damage system we have developed. When a vehicle is damaged, certain parts of the vehicle will have a chance to become disabled. For example, if your tank gets damaged to a certain level, one of your tank tracks might become disabled leaving you immobile or you might not be able to rotate your main turret. This new damage system will add a whole new dimension to mechanized battles in PR.

A tracked T-90 tank is pictured below.

Oh, did I mention the new smoke effects we added to the tanks?

Another innovative feature in v0.5 is the introduction of Rally Points. Rally Points are dynamic spawn points created by the Squad Leaders for each particular squad. Rally Points are used as drop-off points for soldiers to leave their excess gear behind before moving into a firefight, as well as a rendezvous point for reinforcements. They can only be placed by squad leaders using the Officer Kit. Once a rally point is set, the squad leader and squad may spawn there until it is destroyed. More information about Rally Points can be found on the Official PR Wiki.

Impressed? Well, you haven’t seen anything yet! Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the release of Project Reality v0.5.

Cheers!
    The Project Reality Team
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Project Reality v0.5 release date set!

Awesome stuff....can't wait.

Chappie

Comment

What? ALICE Packs? I thought at least the US Marines would have their ILBE packs.

Comment

Dude, this is like a whole new mod!
        Last edited by Wimpinator; 01-31-2007, 11:53 PM. Reason: commas need love too!
        Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
          Dude, this is like a whole new mod!
          It was awesome before, just the whole AAS thing was unbearable once the server population reached 30+. With all these changes, though...spectacular!

And with the Engish version of ArmA being released about a week after this, I fear I see some vacation days at work being mid February. Just don't forget about Valentine's Day, you dolt!!

I also wonder how visible the "spawn sites" are to the enemy? Those screenies are of them out in the open but I imagine you'd put them on rooftops and guard the ladders or something. Maybe this is why they removed the parachutes from Spec Ops too...so you don't have a stream of guys jumping from the spawn location on a rooftop. Good forsight there.

I think I'm going to post a call to arms for Thursday night PRM after this has me salivating.

Comment

Man I'm stoked!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I am more and more amazed to how they have really created a lot of new features from scratch. Off all mods they definitely made the most pervasive changes to the game.

In poe the only thing on that level is the artillery, which in the end is quite boring and cumbersome to use.

I really hope these mods start sharing their work more, and I believe they will, as they have a cooperation going with OPK mod, forgotten hope 2 and others. They should all make their mods like open source software and concentrate on the different themes of the mods for making them unique.

Comment

Very impressive change log for 0.5 release.

The most important addition seems to be the rally point. I am looking forward to playing it next week to see how it changes the game dynamics.

Al, ROFL @ your animated signature ...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X