Roll Call: Thursday, February 01, 2007, PRM, 2000 EST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Call: Thursday, February 01, 2007, PRM, 2000 EST

I'll aim to be on the server between 1930-2000 EST.

Hope to see a few familiar faces!

Re: Roll Call: Thursday, February 01, 2007, PRM, 2000 EST

I will try to make it.
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Could we get a solid string of the newer maps or simply non vBf2 maps setup as the rotation tomorrow night. The server population always seems to dip whenever a vanilla map pops up, with Oman being a slight exception. Besides right now the past 3-4 times I have played, 8 or 9 est, the maps have been Dragon Valley, Ghost Train, Muttrah City and Oman.

edit: Oh, I will be there as soon as possible tomorrow.

Comment

[email protected]#n!!!

Thursday nights are really bad for me....the one night out of the week that I basically can't hop on the computer....

awwww,...have fun all :(

Chappie

Comment

I'll be there guys. My I have a new mic, so I'm good to go.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Can we play the Ghost Train one?
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Dang...Thursday already...I'll be in around 8 or so...
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I'm there.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

I'm trying to seed the server now for all you early birds.
                  -nick 'Ale06'

Comment

Could we get a solid string of the newer maps or simply non vBf2 maps setup as the rotation tomorrow night. The server population always seems to dip whenever a vanilla map pops up, with Oman being a slight exception. Besides right now the past 3-4 times I have played, 8 or 9 est, the maps have been Dragon Valley, Ghost Train, Muttrah City and Oman.

edit: Oh, I will be there as soon as possible tomorrow.
                    Brilliant idea, (wouldn't mind if we kept Zatar though), maybe we could give a few of the maps we don't play very often a try.

Comment

^I concur.

Just hopping off the server now, its a healthy 40 pop, with some decent team players, hope it stays good for you guys later on.
                      -nick 'Ale06'

Comment

Thanks for getting the server populated early, Ale! We still had a few people on around 2000 EST and it didn't take long for it to regain momentum.

The only "populated" maps I was able to play before work were Ghost Train and Muttrah. Both started with an overwhelming USMC/SAS lead only to end in nail biters. Very exciting stuff.

Kudos to those that popped into the squad: Khan, Mosely, Grunt, Aculle, Squinty and our guest player [2ndForRcn]Jetman.

I apologize for taking us into the "ambush alley" on Muttrah. What a rough go that outting was! I thought the dumpster was providing defilade but they fired a burst through the squad from directly above us that tore us to pieces. Ah well, can't always be on the "giving" end of the hurt, I suppose!

Comment

Pretty good games tonight.

I started opposite the 1st on Muttrah. All was falling to hell in a handbasket when I spawned in and no one in my squad was communicating or issuing orders... I jumped into the commanders chair and gave it a whirl. It was fun, at first. Squads were actually following orders and staying on defense. My plan was to take one flag at a time starting at Market, and push the enemy from E to W off the map. That lasted for about 10 minutes. Squads acted and it seemed the momentum was on our side (MEC) but alas the USMC pushed hard and took all the flags, nearly killing us all. It looked like the game was just about over because we had only one or two guys left. I switched to USMC to squad up on the next round and that's when MEC staged an impressive come back... I had to wonder how much this had to do with me VACATING the command spot...ahh...welll...it was fun anyway and I apologized for my noob command skills. Nobody else stepped up....the round was very closely fought and MEC staged a nice comeback but as I recall it just wasnt enough.

Muttrah was followed by a couple of maps that USMC so thoroughly dominated it made the game somewhat un fun. We switched to the other side for the final map of the night Xianjing Security Area (??). That was a great map with a 9 point spread at the end. The 1st MIP squad operated smoothly and efficiently. I was on Bravo all night and, especially on the last map, the mutual support was great. 3 or 4 times I recall myself or another member of Bravo getting taken out, only to be avenged by the other members of the Fire Team seconds later...and getting revived...great inter team dependability tonight. Woot Woot
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Woot woot indeed :) It was very nice to control entire NE side of the map with two fire teams. Even if one of them eliminated, the other filled in and finished the job.

Comment

Excellent games last night. It was a thing of beauty, seeing the fireteams work together and covering each other.

Coridon,
                              It was actually pretty funny since by that time the game was decided. I don't think I've ever seen a full squad taken out so fast without a grenade involved. The more important question is, why were they covering THAT alley so well?

Also if you left early, you missed John giving Aculle possible the greatest order ever. Aculle was the only squad member to survive a push on the village flag on Mao Valley. Seeing the great distance between us and Aculle, John ordered Aculle to "Be a Hero, and kill them all." Aculle complied and nearly succeeded in his task until about 5 minutes after the order John noticed Aculle was still alive and his kill total rising. Maybe you should add that order to your SOP's, John.
                              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...