Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server patched to 0.5

It's up and running. 64.34.161.157

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Server patched to 0.5

Great news! Thanks, Tempus! :D
    Beatnik

Comment

Good work! Lightning fast!
      former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Bravo, hip hip hooray, capital, three cheers, booyah, and much love and respect to Tempus... ;)

Comment

Freaking awesome!

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Are we running a normal PR server?

I assume the squadless kick is in affect. How about AAS V2? Are the server tweaked again to run in vanilla conquest?
            TG-Irr BoldKiller0082

Comment

Originally posted by Bold View Post
              Are we running a normal PR server?

I assume the squadless kick is in affect. How about AAS V2? Are the server tweaked again to run in vanilla conquest?
              We're running a normal PR server, with squadless kick, and the glorious AAS2. All we need now is lots of TG members on there, and some great CO's and SL's.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Hmm small gripe:
                Please do not restart the server because of complaints of lag.

When you finally get teamwork going it is a major bummer. But worst of all it doesn't help one bit AFAIK.

Every time the server gets full en hits a bigger map the server is laggy period.
                It's just like that imo.

Now I don't know if it's the server the mod or a bit of both, I hope we find out fast.

Will test other servers to see if the problems are everywhere.
                Last edited by BigGaayAl; 02-11-2007, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Aha I've tested some other servers. Here are my findings.

1) Bugs

The bugs are the same on all the servers. Same maps imo tend to crash.

The bug in which you cannot cap a flag is on all servers I've been to, however I have noticed that sometimes time fixes it; because of some reason suddenly the top left messages on what to cap reappear, and flags get capped.

2) Lag

Seems to be a problem with the TG server/it's connection to the internet.
                  I think this because some maps that I've always seen very laggy with 64p play quite fluently on other servers. There is none of the "connection interrupted" messages you often get on the TG PR server.

On other servers, the first screen after load seems to come up much faster. There also is almost no lag at game start. Just seconds of lag, always less then a minute.

When I just came from a 64p "Hills of Hamgyong" game without any noticeable lag, I joined in the empty TG server. It was the map "operation compton". I spawned at the radar, that turns around its axis. FPS was 30 Ping 109, yet even after more then a minute the radar's turning (and my walking) was still choppy.

I hope this helps out the admins.

Comment

The devs have a server-side patch in the works, that should address the flag logic and the server lag.

They're also removing the wait time on officer kits, so that SL's can get straight back out there when they respawn.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I cant believe it. I just checked the server at 1300 hours Central European time, and it is nearly full. Pretty incredible what is going on on that server I say. I never used to see this on the vanilla tg server. Add to that the fact that at this time the TG server is quite a bit more laggy then most other servers I've joined.

It is incredible, and testifies that tg and this mod go very well together, and that the admins are doing a great job (one in particular that is putting in a lot of hours.
                      I haven't reported anyone to the admins, but just the presence of an admin has a considerable effect on the attitude on the server.

The level of teamplay is also rising in a steep line. That is something that really never happened in vanilla at all.

Comment

i think the greatest thing about the server fix is not that it will stop the occasional lag up and forced server reset, but that we will FINALLY start playing different maps. it seems like every time the servers are reset the rotation starts over and some of the maps when adding lots of play frequency and slight inherent imbalance equals a lack of fun imho
                        |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                          I cant believe it. I just checked the server at 1300 hours Central European time, and it is nearly full. Pretty incredible what is going on on that server I say. I never used to see this on the vanilla tg server. Add to that the fact that at this time the TG server is quite a bit more laggy then most other servers I've joined.
                          :/ What is your ping to the TG server?? Sry, But I did notice the lag after about four rounds, I checked the pings of the players to see two with pings over 300. Same happens with the POE server.
                          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                          E Pluribus Unum
                          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

My ping is between 100 and 120. I've been playing many tg servers, I don't think that has anything to do with it. I also don't see how you can get lag from someone else having bad ping. Wouldn't your game stay fluid, while you see the "lagger" moonwalking? Not a net code expert :) ooh these mysterious tubes.

High pingers are clogging the tubes? I doubt it but what do I know. But to have 300 ping I bet you have to have a) network problems b) you are connecting from Japan.

Comment

I'm pinging under 120 from the UK, and the PR server is still a lag fest. Apophis has ruled out our hardware as the cause, and the lag issue appears to be on most other PR servers.
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X