Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BANNED? KICKED? Need an admin? Read this!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BANNED? KICKED? Need an admin? Read this!

You are responsible for all actions taken on your account, regardless whether
    it was you on the account at the time. The decisions of the admin team still
    stand even if it actually was your brother, your roommate, your cousin, your
    friend, your girlfriend, your boyfriend, your sister, your nephew, your neighbor,
    or your dog using your account.

:icon2: If you were unexpectedly kicked while following the server rules, it was likely
    because of the "auto-admin script" running on the server. This script automatically
    kicks players for three reasons, listed below. Please review these cases before
    creating a ban-appeal!

:icon2: If you think you WERE violating the server rules, CLICK HERE to resolve the issue.
    Note: Un-ban requests in the general forums will be locked!

1. Non-supporting member joins a "full" server (62/64)
    Two player slots are reserved to allow the script to process joining players. The server is FULL at 62/64 players. When a non-supporting member joins the server when it is full (showing 62/64), they will be "kicked" after fully loading the map. Unfortunately, we cannot edit the following kick message to indicate that the kick was for a supporting member, and not due to your behavior.

When this happens, just re-connect once the server population drops below 62. Also, be aware that the in-game browser doesn't always show the updated player-count.

2. Kicks for not being in a squad
    Our server requires all players join a squad within 90 seconds. This applies to both supporting members and non-supporting members alike; both will be kicked if they do not join a squad. This kick operates whatever the server population. If you do not join a squad within 30 seconds, you will begin seeing repeating warnings in the top left of the screen:

After being squadless for 90 seconds, you will be auto-kicked from the server with the following notification:

3. Non-supporting member kicked to make room for a Supporting Member
    Those who donate to help pay for the servers (Supporting Members) are given priority access over non-Supporting Members. When a SM joins the full server, the auto-admin script kicks the non-Supporting Member who has been playing on the server the longest. One player in & one player out, keeping the server population at 62/64, ready for the next supporting member to join. This is fair, as it gives everyone a chance to play and experience our way of gaming.

Note: If you are tired of being kicked from your favorite server and decide to support the community here with a Supporting Membership subscription, be sure to register your BF2 Player ID with TG to never be kicked for a SM again!

If just need an admin, your best bet is to get on TeamSpeak, and find one in any of the Battlefield subchannels (PR, PoE2, or 2142). If it's early in the day or you can't find one on TS for some reason, please make a post in the Contact an Admin forum. This semi-private forum is monitored by all BFx admins, and your post will get a prompt response. You will only be able to see threads you have started and will not be able to see other player's threads.

(For reference, the complete list of admins is here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showgroups.php. Scroll down to the "Administration - Battlefield" section)
    Last edited by WhiskeySix; 05-04-2009, 11:56 AM. Reason: cleaning up format
    Beatnik

Re: Kicked from the TG PR Server? READ THIS!

Hey, I donated but I get kicked for the same reason as stated above. Why does the auto script not work for me? What can be done to correct this?

-nick12121

Comment

Welcome Nick and thanks for your support. Check this link. If this doesn't work then shoot me or another admin a pm and we'll get things sorted out.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...istration.html

While your there check out the other major announcements and in particular our rules section.
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Original post updated with that link. Thanks, mantis and welcome, Nick!
        Last edited by Beatnik; 02-16-2007, 01:04 AM.
        Beatnik

Comment

Okay, I subscribed to TG but when I added my player ID, I wrongly added it on the BF2142 slot. Now I changed it to the BF2 slot but I still get kicked. Can anyone help, please?

Feel free to delete this post after my problem is solved. =)
          |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Originally posted by KevlarBR View Post
            Okay, I subscribed to TG but when I added my player ID, I wrongly added it on the BF2142 slot. Now I changed it to the BF2 slot but I still get kicked. Can anyone help, please?

Feel free to delete this post after my problem is solved. =)
            It can take up to 15 minutes or a full map change for this to take effect. Try again and shoot me a PM if the problem still persists.

Also make sure the ID you entered in your TG User CP matches the profile you're using (if you use multiple BF2 profiles).
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Everything is OK! Thanks!
              |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Re: Kicked / banned from the TG PR Server? READ THIS!

Went through all the steps today to register.....was on there last night, so i know its not for TKng. Youve guys got the best server out there, i would love to get back in, did all the steps to add my ID to my profile, kinda at a lost....

Comment

Originally posted by Shabo View Post
                  Went through all the steps today to register.....was on there last night, so i know its not for TKng. Youve guys got the best server out there, i would love to get back in, did all the steps to add my ID to my profile, kinda at a lost....
                  You are not a Supporting Member. Merely registering here does not keep you from getting kicked.
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

So i got to PAY to play a game online that i already bought? wow what a great scam. Alright i guess i might pinch a quater out my arse one of these days..... but first i gotta buy ARMa. :)

Comment

No you don't have to pay to play, and it's not a scam. We (the Supporting Members) pay for the server so you can play for free. However, we get priority slots above non-payers, since after all the server wouldn't be there without our funds.
                      Beatnik

Comment

so ive been searching the site, where do i donate to the casue? your alls server is the best one out there in terms of the way this game should be played, i would love to see us all generate some more cash so we could maybe even get another server up and running the OR mod, whatca all think?

:)

Comment

Shabo you can subscribe to the TG cause here:
                          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/payments.php

Being an SM also gives you other stuff such as some web space, an email account, and a reserved slot on most of the TG servers (There are TONS of them for various games). Plus you are helping to keep a great community going.
                          Retired 6th DB

Comment

Shabo definitely take a moment to check out that link. It was actually the reserved slot system that got me to sign up as a SM about 20 months ago. I figured I was spending $20 a month on Netflix at the time, and when BF2 came out I was getting probably 40-80 hours a month of uninterrupted fun on our original BF2 server for $9/month, vs. 10 or so hours of entertainment for Netflix's $20/month.

Needless to say, I cancelled Netflix, joined TG and saved $11 a month. :D
                            Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
                              No you don't have to pay to play, and it's not a scam. We (the Supporting Members) pay for the server so you can play for free. However, we get priority slots above non-payers, since after all the server wouldn't be there without our funds.
                              I think he was being sarcastic ;), beatnik.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X