PR .5 map feedback/impressions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR .5 map feedback/impressions

Greetings. Much has changed since .4. The maps among them.

This thread will allow us to give positive and negative feedback on certain maps that are on the server.

Feel free to use this format. Score things on a 0-5 scale. Zero being horrible, and five being excellent.

Write the type of map, the mode, and the number of players (16, 32, 64)
    Also:
    A. Map consistency with the server. (a five would mean virtually no CTD).
    B. Gameplay
    C. Realism
    D. Scrim potential (and population setting)
    E. favored side. (Type the side it favors, and then the valued number. 0 being no favor, and five meaning the most favored.)

Finally, right down a subjective review and or write what made the map experience negative or positive.

Finally, put if you believe the map should stay or go.
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Re: PR .5 map feedback/impressions

Orginialy posted by BigGayAll on 2-13-07

(By the way I move that Muttrah, a very nice map, be taken out of rotation until it is fixed. It is so imbalanced, and I've never seen a remotely decent game since 0.5 and aas on that map. I believe they will add a cappable flag to this map except docks, probably hotel. Imo it is unplayable in it's current state. The mec always rushes the docks instead of taking the grey flags. The devs clearly hadn't realized the pubbie's unconditional love of 1337 pwnage, even if it ruins the game.)

For the full post see this thread, post numba 3: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...opter-atc.html

Comment

I like Basra. I can't really offer more than that, because while my squad was attempting to take the first flag the other night, the rest of our entire team was pinned down in our base by (judging by the targets being painted on minimap) 1 bad guy.

I don't like any of the UK maps because I don't like the UK weapons, and those ghastly slow things on wheels are just no substitute for a humvee or a UH60.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Orginaly posted be tHa KhAn on 2-9-2007.

"Yes the Dam part 2 is a terrible map. There is not enough movement. The problem was not tactics, but just the innability to move effectively even with vehicles. By the time a squad loaded up and moved out the flag could have flipped twice by the time they got there. It caused the entire team to be fragmented over the front line flags and spread the action so thin most of the round we were reduced to using the beach as a resort to do swimming and target practice and we were the flag they had to take to get on to the next at west beach. That map wore on and on with no real joy. Only those who were very familiar seemed to be able to accomplish some movement, but even then it was very limited and not fun at all in my opinion."

The coplete post can be found at this thread, post numba 5
        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...0-5-games.html

Comment

I am very immpressed with Qwai River 64 player.

This should stay on the roation like no other. This could be my favorite map.

Well balanced, and large. nuff said.

PS. virtually null lag.

Comment

Muttrah City needs to go for now... Nobody really knows how to fly, so the US carrier is always teamkill after teamkill. Just now I got charged with about 7 teamkills because someone bumped into my littlebird with theirs, causing me to get kicked. I've never seen the US have much success on this map.

Comment

I quite like muttrah city and I've had some very good games on it as US.
              I dont feel that "Nobody really knows how to fly" is really a valid reason to have it taken out of rotation. nobody is going to learn if its not there, just give it some time.

As for Al Basrah, well I had my first whole round tonight in a A10 and I came away with 120 kills, 2 deaths (both my own fault after clipping obsticles after diving in) and 2800 points! :icon_eek: (I was SL of the airforce squad).
              I'm not sure if its was a severe lack of AA or just the fact that the opposition wasnt using it enough/properly, only time will tell, but it's not really fair giving the US 2 A10's and 2 attack helo's and leaving the insurgents to the slaughter!
              It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
              - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Main problem I see with Muttrah is the spawn issue. At least for USMC, you have a pre-placed rally point at Docks, and, due to the flags being too close to each other, you can only place a squad rally point on the southern hill (and MEC surely knows this)
                The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

correlation =/= causation but from what i've seen gulf of oman = massive server death, and thats assuming it loads all the way in at all... its been 3 for 3 today :/
                  |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Admin team will post an update on map rotation soon. We have removed some maps due to lag/crash issues and will try them again when server side patch is released next week.

Nothing final yet (discussion going on) but Oman and Muttrah may be categorized as "conditional" meaning they will be put in rotation in the presence of an admin and US CO to coordinate the US offensive.

Keep providing feedback gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Finestyle View Post
                      I quite like muttrah city and I've had some very good games on it as US.
                      I dont feel that "Nobody really knows how to fly" is really a valid reason to have it taken out of rotation. nobody is going to learn if its not there, just give it some time.

As for Al Basrah, well I had my first whole round tonight in a A10 and I came away with 120 kills, 2 deaths (both my own fault after clipping obsticles after diving in) and 2800 points! :icon_eek: (I was SL of the airforce squad).
                      I'm not sure if its was a severe lack of AA or just the fact that the opposition wasnt using it enough/properly, only time will tell, but it's not really fair giving the US 2 A10's and 2 attack helo's and leaving the insurgents to the slaughter!
                      I was on the insurgent team when you were on and let me tell you it was ridiculus. With a blackhawk circling the flag, an attack chopper strafing it every 15 seconds, one of the 2 A10s strafing every 15 seconds it was just plain dumb. I spawned engineer to fix the AA but it takes a minute to fix it and with the flag being pounded by something every 5 seconds I died 13 times to everyone time I got the AA up. I would just die like 10 seconds later anyway. I tried hiding in remote parts of the flag area but no matter what the random firing from one of the 4 aircraft always found me. It is just dumb.

And 2800 points? I took a screen shot of that. Don't you think it is pretty unbalanced when one team has a guy with 2800 points and the other team's top play has 300? They need to make it easier to repair the AA, put more of it, or just take out an A10 and the attack chopper.

Also, I think a lot of the maps we all feel are horrible would be way more fun with AAS off.

Comment

Originally posted by Gahlas View Post
                        I was on the insurgent team when you were on and let me tell you it was ridiculus. With a blackhawk circling the flag, an attack chopper strafing it every 15 seconds, one of the 2 A10s strafing every 15 seconds it was just plain dumb. I spawned engineer to fix the AA but it takes a minute to fix it and with the flag being pounded by something every 5 seconds I died 13 times to everyone time I got the AA up. I would just die like 10 seconds later anyway. I tried hiding in remote parts of the flag area but no matter what the random firing from one of the 4 aircraft always found me. It is just dumb.

And 2800 points? I took a screen shot of that. Don't you think it is pretty unbalanced when one team has a guy with 2800 points and the other team's top play has 300? They need to make it easier to repair the AA, put more of it, or just take out an A10 and the attack chopper.

Also, I think a lot of the maps we all feel are horrible would be way more fun with AAS off.
                        i was on that map too (last one before the server went down) and here are my thoughts. even tho he got 2800 points, we (the insurgents) still won. like it or not, the teams arn't balanced. we get faster spawn times and 200 more tickets than the americans. in real life, how often does a attack chopper or airplane get shot down? hardly ever and i think that feeling of superiority should be there.

i was in the squad that had found and was controlling the only two (as far as we could tell) insurgent anti air kits. we were going rooftop to rooftop with two stingers me as a police man, and two medics keeping those assets alive and while our kills were rather low (1 a10 and maybe 2 cobras) we sent many a flying craft home early to repair and that alone is worth it. honestly there is so much cover in that map that unless you are taking a flag the air presence isn't too overpowered. remember especially for the a10's if you are attacking a flag there has got to be at least a squad or two of americans there with you, thus mitigating the usefulness of carpet bombing.

so in review, leave al basara (sp) alone, its just the nature of the beast
                        |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

That's an interesting point brought up. The teams are supposed to be asymetrical, so sure, one side has the air power, but as mentioned, the other has faster spawns and who knows what else in their favor.

We need to give the mod more time before we start making judgements or adjustments.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                            That's an interesting point brought up. The teams are supposed to be asymetrical, so sure, one side has the air power, but as mentioned, the other has faster spawns and who knows what else in their favor.

We need to give the mod more time before we start making judgements or adjustments.
                            another thing i forgot to mention that the insurgents have going for them is the rpg kit... because honestly, when you are running a light anti tank kit for another team don't you feel dirty when you use the missile on people instead of armor and trucks? but as these guys i mean... those rpgs are FOR shooting at people :D
                            |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post

I wasn't trying to suggest the map should be taken out of rotation or anything like that... TBH, when we did manage to get inside the urban area the A10 wasnt as deady as it was with targets out in the open, so its give and take really. I do feel that map has a lot of potential for some really gripping play with two well organised teams. And as people learn the map more it wouldn't surprise me if I dont have a round like that again. It may be one of those maps where you wish it was 2 rounds per map with teamswitch on the server though. Even though the map took so long to play out, I'd happily have another round on that one.
                              It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                              - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X