Impressive!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive!

I was really surprised to see almost a full server yesterday so early in the afternoon. I'm glad this mod is starting to get some real recognition.

Re: Impressive!

Server has been rockin' since the release. This is a great opportunity for TGers to show these guys how we play the game!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

And with the server full for so much of the day, there's never been a better time to be an SM with a reserved slot. :)
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Check the game monitor from here guys.

Server is full almost 24 hrs of the day ! PR 0.5 on TG is a huge success.

Comment

Just started playing this mod a few days ago. I'm really impressed by the TG guys being nice and helpful to everyone. Made me feel good to see some good people out there trying to help out.

Comment

There are 55 players on at 8:45AM EST! This is a great success guys. Congrats admin team on a job well done.
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by waxtaco View Post
              Just started playing this mod a few days ago. I'm really impressed by the TG guys being nice and helpful to everyone. Made me feel good to see some good people out there trying to help out.
              Welcome to TG Waxtaco. Be sure to read the server rules and SOP's when you get a chance. You'll never want to play anywhere else ;)
              Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
                There are 55 players on at 8:45AM EST! This is a great success guys. Congrats admin team on a job well done.
                Truth be told, I will not consider it a success until we start seeing 30+ TGers playing on a regular basis. The populated server is a good oppotunity for the server to be a success, but success is determined by factors other than how many warm bodies are on the server.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I agree with tempus. If you go on to the PR forums you see people mentioning how they like the TG server. But they always seem to add that it only stands out when there are TG players on. Tactical Gamer is simply a place, a website, a server. It is the people who make up Tactical Gamer who make it what it is. With out TG players Tactical Gamer is just another server on a list that has a high population.

Comment

One way or another I was speaking with a couple of guys in PR last night and they all agreed that they like the TG server because "The admins aren't idiots" (direct quote).

I agree that we need to get more TG folks in there. Honestly I'm not sure why the TG population isn't jumping at this mod. It seems to be a perfect fit.
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Indeed. Let me correct my statement by saying that PR release 0.5 is a big success but not on TG yet.

Comment

I agree that this is a great game for TG players. Perhaps many of us here have become too used to the arcade style of BF2 and 2142, but this is a distinct divergence from that.

And also consider that this is only a .5 release! Look at how much content was added just from .4 to .5... Now just try to imagine what 1.0 is going to look like.

Comment

I ussualy am on the server when there is a bunch of people on, but most of them don't follow the SOP and it can be a general chaos up there. I sure try to help a bit, but I would need to learn how to be a proper squadleader, or learn from a TG squad how it is done D:

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                            And also consider that this is only a .5 release! Look at how much content was added just from .4 to .5... Now just try to imagine what 1.0 is going to look like.
                            I agree. Thats what thrills me the most about this mod. I know what 0.5 software looks like in my shop :), so the potential here is simply staggering.
                            Do or do not, there is no try....
                            -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by PolarisFOX View Post
                              I ussualy am on the server when there is a bunch of people on, but most of them don't follow the SOP and it can be a general chaos up there. I sure try to help a bit, but I would need to learn how to be a proper squadleader, or learn from a TG squad how it is done D:
                              Just keep joining squads with TG members, and feel free to shoot me a PM if you have questions.

Everyone else : you want this guy in your squad. He's a damn fine medic, as this dead SL has found out many many, times in one map.
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X