Lag/Stutter? Change your settings !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag/Stutter? Change your settings !

A quick reminder. What seems to be a network connection or server problem may in fact be a simple video options issue.

PR v0.5, especially some new maps like Albasrah, demands more resources on your system than previous versions of the mod. Lowering video settings (lighting, shadows, texture settings, geometry, etc) will most likely solve your issues.

The game still looks great if you change from high to all medium. Not sure about low settings.

Re: Lag/Stutter? Change your settings !

Errr does it still lag/stutter on Steel Thunder?

Both times I played that map my ping was around 30 and the map was still stuttering. I hope to God I don't have to lower my video settings. I have an 8800GTX. Did anyone figure out the problem with that map yet?

Comment

I haven't played that map yet. There seems to be initial load in lag and stutter when everyone is spawning at the same point and requesting kits. Other than that I only get lag that everyone else experiences at the same time.

I have 2GB of ram and a 512MB x1900XT and I don't get any serious issues.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
        I haven't played that map yet. There seems to be initial load in lag and stutter when everyone is spawning at the same point and requesting kits. Other than that I only get lag that everyone else experiences at the same time.

I have 2GB of ram and a 512MB x1900XT and I don't get any serious issues.
        It'll still lag a little but not too bad. Before I lowered everything to medium, I was OK for about ten minutes, then the lag would get really bad and I wouldn't be able to stay connected. Now it seems to be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
          Errr does it still lag/stutter on Steel Thunder?

Both times I played that map my ping was around 30 and the map was still stuttering. I hope to God I don't have to lower my video settings. I have an 8800GTX. Did anyone figure out the problem with that map yet?
          Do you get this on Al Basrah or Ghost Train ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

No everything seems fine for me now.

Thank you for asking though. :)

Comment

my system is uncapable of lagging at BF2 all lag is recieved through the internet :icon37:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X