Please do not steal vehicles from others who have been waiting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please do not steal vehicles from others who have been waiting

I would like to formally request that all players on the PR or any other server respect the order in the line when waiting for vehicles. I was just banned because I used foul language on the PR server against a TG member who will go unnamed. This person blatantly stole my cobra that my gunner and I had waited for so very patiently for quite some time. I know I was in the wrong but so was he. I am only telling you all this so that no one repeats our childish actions. In the future, just respect others when they are waiting in line. In my view it is just as immature to steal a vehicle from another as it is to use foul language. I have learned my lesson. I hope that all the vehicle thieves out there will cease and desist their disruptive behavior. There you have my two cents.

Re: Please do not steal vehicles from others who have been waiting

How can other players know that you were waiting for the chopper? I suppose if you were sitting directly on the helipad and type in team text chat that "so and so are waiting to fly the chopper, please do not take off in it". Also, create a dedicated custom squad called "chopper" or "cobra", or anything to distinguish yourselves as the chopper pilots.

Comment

If you read the extensive rules in this forum, you will see that if you are in a chopper squad, you will always get precedence over other players waiting on a chopper.

However this chopper squad may not be locked (or if it is locked it should accept inviting you) so that anyone who wants to fly can get in the squad, and take their turn.

So get in a squad, before you get in line and your problems are gone.

Comment

For attack/transport choppers and airplanes, creating a properly named squad is the best procedure Nick. (Blackhawk, Transport, CAS, Gunship, AttHelo, Cobra, A-10, Bombers, Jets, Airforce, etc etc)

But lets say you are waiting next to an APC spawn point for the vehicle. If someone else also comes near you, politely tell him that you are waiting for APC and expecting him to wait for the next time. If he ignores, dont waste a second and contact an admin with chat/TS. We will take care of it.

I have zero tolerance for people who dont respect other player's rights. Do you jump in front of the line and hold your "use" key in a bank to catch the next teller? No, you get in line and wait. Same thing.

Comment

Ah I 'll have to read up maybe. Say someone in choppersquad crashes, respawns, fights a bit, and respawns in time before the chopper there again. Now if he finds someone waiting, invites him and he does not want to join the chopper squad, does the person in the squad get precedence? Or is it first come first server no matter what squad you are in?

Comment

Admin team is discussing the details and will most likely post a piece of SOP about this Al.

My personal opinion on this matter: If you want to use an asset and if there is a squad for this asset, join them. If squad is locked, goto asset spawn point and request an invite. If SL ignores you, he is in big trouble as far as I am concerned. An asset SL is expected to share the asset with others who want to use it. There are couple of ways to do it a) Change hands after each crash/getting destroyed b) Time limit c) Round basis [this round us, next round you]

If you jump in an asset without joining the asset squad, squad leader/members should kindly remind you this (join us to use it, otherwise leave it). If player ignores you, he is also in big trouble in my book.

Bottom line is common sense, fairness, courtesy and efficiency (CO needs assets in speciality squads).

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar View Post
              If you jump in an asset without joining the asset squad, squad leader/members should kindly remind you this (join us to use it, otherwise leave it). If player ignores you, he is also in big trouble in my book.
              Right. Just like our "small games rules" with vanilla and POE2, these aren't (at this point) rules per se, but guidelines. No one (even if in a specialty squad) is entitled to any asset/vehicle for the entire game, but generally it benefits everyone to create specialty squads and invite those that do want to use the asset into the squad.

Also, there should be no locked vehicle squads if someone else wants to use that vehicle. They should promptly be invited into the squad and told that we generally have specialty squads to better facilitate communication within the squad (e.g. pilot and gunner in helos/tanks) and with the CO.
              Beatnik

Comment

For everybody to know, I did read the rules. I just did not notice that this person was in the special helo squad because all I saw was this player usurp me and steal the chopper my gunner and I had been waiting for! My anger blinded me and I went off on a tirade. Yesterday was not a very happy day for me in general and I just wrongly took it out on this person. I have already PMed this member and apologized so I hope everything is ok. He seemed to be fine except for telling me exactlywhat others have said about the rules. I just did not notice that he was in helo squad because he said nothing about it. I do not lose my temper easily and it will not happen like that again.

Please use some forsight before you go stealing a chopper from a player who has been standing there with his gunner for like 10 minutes. This is all I ask. Even if you are in a helo squad, stealing a chopper right out from under someones nose has a tendency to infuriate them, and to me, this is not teamplay.

-Nick

Comment

Please bear in mind that mutual respect and maturity are required on all TG servers and in the TG forums, no matter what the situation. If you can't do something as simple as negotiating the use of a virtual chopper, then you should stick to being a grunt. You might get away with "flipping out" once, but it isn't wise to test those waters.
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X