Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

    http://guide.realitymod.com/index.ph...=Map:Al_Basrah

    Now start shooting those thundering jets down with the two SA7's while you are sitting on one of the ammo dumps. Honeymoon is over, dear pilots!

  • #2
    Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

    Great find.

    Now look at that map and tell me again that Goolge Maps is not helping terrorists!
    former TacticalGamer European Division



    A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

      Nice find. If we can get pickup kit maps for every map that has them, let's get them posted in a thread (like this one), and we'll sticky in this forum.
      Beatnik

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

        That's awesome! As soon as I can figure out what font they are using, I'm gonna modifiy my PoE pickup maps to look like that! :p
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

          oh sweet m95, how i love thee so
          |TG-Irr|Legato

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

            Originally posted by Legato895 View Post
            oh sweet m95, how i love thee so
            Good luck getting into the Airport :p.

            Learn that map well. Those SA-7's are helpful in annoying those A-10 and Cobras :).


            Project Reality, Public Relations.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

              i must be retarded than... haha! i was searching ALL over those hills around where the arrow was pointing... thinking... "why would there be a m95 laying here in the middle of nowhere?!?!"...

              i suck :P
              |TG-Irr|Legato

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

                Originally posted by icky View Post
                That's awesome! As soon as I can figure out what font they are using, I'm gonna modifiy my PoE pickup maps to look like that! :p
                I think it's called "seven-year-old-scribble", but is eerily similar to the "thirty-year-old-serial-killer" font. Don't confuse the two.

                So far both times I've played this map as insurgent, and it seems I'm the only person manning the fixed AA. I've downed a Blackhawk but only made the A10s smoke.

                A novel idea would be to form a squad of 4 mechanics + 2 medics. The mechanics man four of the fixed AA stations and repair if damaged, and the two medics grab the SA-7s and position in buildings in the middle of the map next to a couple of those ammo dumps. If everyone's spotting all aircraft and calling out positions I think it could be suicide for the helos to enter the cities airspace, and even make the A10s think twice about doing so.

                Out of curiosity, do the A10s respawn if shot down? The reason I ask is the insurgent armor doesn't respawn once it's destroyed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

                  Originally posted by Coridon View Post

                  Out of curiosity, do the A10s respawn if shot down? The reason I ask is the insurgent armor doesn't respawn once it's destroyed.
                  Yes, A-10's do repsawn, although they have a fairly large respawn timer - 10 minutes.


                  Project Reality, Public Relations.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

                    Originally posted by Coridon View Post

                    A novel idea would be to form a squad of 4 mechanics + 2 medics. The mechanics man four of the fixed AA stations and repair if damaged, and the two medics grab the SA-7s and position in buildings in the middle of the map next to a couple of those ammo dumps. If everyone's spotting all aircraft and calling out positions I think it could be suicide for the helos to enter the cities airspace, and even make the A10s think twice about doing so.
                    Good idea Coridon! I am going to form a AntiAir squad tonight and try it. Question: is that ammo dump so far inside the city that it will be ineffective against the two flag points to the West, where most of the fighting takes place?

                    I have circled in black what looks like the best location for initial deployment of an anti-air squad:

                    EDIT: No, on second thought (while out for a jog with my wife...) the marked position would leave the a-a squad right in the middel fo the front -- too exposed to enemy forces. I'll start by placing the squad to the East of the black circle, which should but allied squads between us and the enemy.



                    Last edited by E-Male; 02-20-2007, 03:51 PM.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

                      Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                      Good idea Coridon! I am going to form a AntiAir squad tonight and try it. Question: is that ammo dump so far inside the city that it will be ineffective against the two flag points to the West, where most of the fighting takes place?

                      I have circled in black what looks like the best location for initial deployment of an anti-air squad:

                      EDIT: No, on second thought (while out for a jog with my wife...) the marked position would leave the a-a squad right in the middel fo the front -- too exposed to enemy forces. I'll start by placing the squad to the East of the black circle, which should but allied squads between us and the enemy.



                      i say screw the fixed placement guns, have 2 medics 2 grails 1 insurgent 1 police. ... man... sounds like im playing eve online again!

                      medics keep grails alive (one is always hiding near by)
                      grails buzz air
                      insurgent grappling hooks to rooftops and the like
                      police refills ammo

                      just be a vagrant squad that goes into proximity of hotspots

                      *edit 2!*
                      ALWAYS PICK UP THE GRAIL KITS IF THEIR PRIOR OWNERS WERE KILLED!!!
                      |TG-Irr|Legato

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

                        Interesting, but I think the idea under discussion is to create a significant counter-offensive against air.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

                          Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                          Interesting, but I think the idea under discussion is to create a significant counter-offensive against air.
                          yeah... im just saying those fixed aa guns are insignificant...
                          |TG-Irr|Legato

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

                            Those SA-7's where in full force tonight. Between the constant missle locks and the RPG's it was very hard for the cobras to stay on station for more then a minute before having to rtb for reapirs. Althought they did do a good job of making us rtb they didn't stop us from getting some nasty killing time in.

                            The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Al Basra pickup-kit map! Essential user guide reading.

                              Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                              Interesting, but I think the idea under discussion is to create a significant counter-offensive against air.
                              Originally posted by blackmain View Post
                              Those SA-7's where in full force tonight. Between the constant missle locks and the RPG's it was very hard for the cobras to stay on station for more then a minute before having to rtb for reapirs. Althought they did do a good job of making us rtb they didn't stop us from getting some nasty killing time in.
                              i started up the SA7 SAM squad for the beginning of the round. while their primary purpose for the first part of that game was just presence we only had one sa7. another guy kept getting the other before we could get to it, thus preventing the true use of the squad as i envisioned

                              to be truly effective the SAM squad needs BOTH missiles and needs to coordinate with voip the firing of both missiles on the same target at the same time. that way the target can be brought down as reload time + smart pilot = safely returning to base with only minor damage.

                              on another not it was fun seeing the us's first a10 pilot fly straight into the ground... not having that annoying loud ass noise for 10 minutes is un-quantifiably amazing on the ears!
                              |TG-Irr|Legato

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X