Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kicked every 30 minutes?

Hey everyone,

I pretty new to the forums. Ive played PRM for about 3 weeks. I played several servers before playing this server and i LOVE it. the rules are just great and leads to much better team play. My problem is, i get kicked, or the connection to the server is dropped about every 30 minutes. anyone else have this issue? not sure if its an issue with PRM itself, or my connection to the server.

Nootay

Re: kicked every 30 minutes?

What is the exact message that you get when your connection to the server is lost?
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

Welcom nootay, glad to hear your enjoying the server.

Check out the PR hello thread: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-yourself.html

___

Hopefully, everyone will be having better connection with the next patch coming out soon.

Ohh, answer perry's questions. He is the best, the best.
      (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
      (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
      (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
      Squad Leader pledge to their team:
      Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Could it be related to our reserved slots?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...rver-read.html

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
          Could it be related to our reserved slots?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...rver-read.html
          That seems thelikely cause to me, you are probably being kicked for a supporting member, that happens when the server is full.
          |TG| Lorian
          Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Become a supporting member!!
            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I sometimes get disconnected every 30 min, not sure why seems to be some kind of bug in PR. So if you get the message there is a problem with your connection thats the problem. I just reconnect when this happens. PR is still in its early development, remember its version 0.5
              |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

Originally posted by RedBane View Post
                I sometimes get disconnected every 30 min, not sure why seems to be some kind of bug in PR. So if you get the message there is a problem with your connection thats the problem. I just reconnect when this happens. PR is still in its early development, remember its version 0.5
                I Also get this message sometimes. Thinking back on it seems to happen in half hour intervals. Its not the message you get kicked when you arnt a supporting member.

Comment

I wouldn't think you'd only get to play for 30-minutes if it was the SM kick... that would mean the longest-playing person on the server was only on for 30 minutes, and there just isn't that much turnover.

Comment

I can't say it's every thirty minutes but I'm lucky if I don't lose connection at least once on every PRM map. I"m an SM of course and I've attibuted it to either PRM bugs or a process or system in my computer that is somehow causing the ctd's.

just a few days ago I installed a freeware program that shuts down non essential processes and services. Using this program I went from about 39 or 40 processes down to about 21 or 22, upon initial start of the PRM mod. I'll come back and post the program link later today. I've only used it once--last night...I crashed several times in a row upon entering the game. My video gets stuck in one place and the audio loops over and over...it stops, then says I've lost connection to the server...(and then the in game browser comes up so I guess it's not really a CTD). Anyway...with this program you have to go through an initial setup and tell it what not to shut down...eg..setpoint.exe teamspeak.exe, etc. Anyways after I did this last night I signed in and played two or three maps straight without crashing...coincidence???
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I get random disconnects, and sometimes they persist. I don't recall being unable to connect to other servers when this happens.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

The message i get says something like "your connection to the server has been lost". Sometimes when i try to join immediately after, it just lets me right in. Other times it says something like, "you have been kicked or banned by an admin or for team killing". I try to be very cautious about team killing and dont feel like the "losing connection" has anything to do with that. I didnt even think about the reserved slots, that makes much more sense. When a TG member comes in, if the server is full does it just kick a random person out?

On a side note, ive been thinking about setting up a battlefield PR server, just wondering what server specs you have on the TG PRM server.

Nootay

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X