Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Busy Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Busy Server

    Man i was on this morn around 9:am Est time and the server was full ! Here i thought i would have no problem getting on . I notice that TG server is the place to be with this mod . Im so glad i got this mod makes gaming fun again ! Anyway hope to see you all on the field ! cheers !


    __________________

  • #2
    Re: Busy Server

    Yes its crazy, I am also totally into this mod. So I am taking a break from POE for now. I am addicted to BF again. :)
    |TG-Irr| Red

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Busy Server

      Too bad there aren't that many TGers in the mix most of the time.


      I'm finding that it's more and more NOT worth it to play without other TGers these days....I just get sick of playing. Its just no longer fun w/o friends there. So, if tgers (or our reliable pub regulars) are there, I'm there. If they're not, then I'm going to log off the server and find something better to do. This applies for POE2, and 2142.

      Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)




      *Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

      DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Busy Server

        Originally posted by FLooDY View Post
        Man i was on this morn around 9:am Est time and the server was full ! Here i thought i would have no problem getting on . I notice that TG server is the place to be with this mod . Im so glad i got this mod makes gaming fun again ! Anyway hope to see you all on the field ! cheers !
        Yep, we're seeing activity pretty much 24/7. Most major dips in activity are due to crashes. We've moved up to the #2 overall PR server (according to game monitor) and we're the #1 US-based PR server.

        Originally posted by Sir_Brass View Post
        Too bad there aren't that many TGers in the mix most of the time.

        I'm finding that it's more and more NOT worth it to play without other TGers these days....I just get sick of playing. Its just no longer fun w/o friends there. So, if tgers (or our reliable pub regulars) are there, I'm there. If they're not, then I'm going to log off the server and find something better to do. This applies for POE2, and 2142.
        Remember that PR @ TG is still very young here. When we first launched our vanilla BF2 servers, there were very few TGers. Over time and effort by those individuals, we grew the player-base to one that basically filled the server with SMs, let alone non-SM regulars.

        With PR, we're already ahead of the game with the type of game play we see. We just need to introduce these new faces to TG and get them to join in on the forums. We'll soon get password nights in place and other special events. This too will help. We just need a bit of time and patience to make it great.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Busy Server

          AH, okay. I'm very new to BF2. I came into BF with 2142, so I didn't know that PR was still very young here.

          I'll give it its fair chance here, since I'm really liking it. Now all I need to do is figure out how exactly to set up my joystick in controls, and where to set the sensitivity (already found out to NOT put the throttle on the throttle on the joystick, as it won't let me idle the thing...it's either rev up to full throttle or rev back to full reverse throttle).

          Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)




          *Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

          DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Busy Server

            Originally posted by Sir_Brass View Post
            Now all I need to do is figure out how exactly to set up my joystick in controls, and where to set the sensitivity (already found out to NOT put the throttle on the throttle on the joystick, as it won't let me idle the thing...it's either rev up to full throttle or rev back to full reverse throttle).
            As a suggestion I would go with the mouse and turn all the sensitivity controls for it up(helicopter mode only).

            On a side note if its lack of TG your looking for get on tonight around 6pm cst I could always use a squad m8 to help me in my testing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Busy Server

              In PR, having a joystick makes flying the choppers a lot easier than it is with a mouse. These choppers don't stay level so you are always fighting with the nose to keep it level. For sensitivity, I had my joystick on 6 for regular BF2 and PoE2, but putting it down to 2 helps a ton to make the fine adjustments that are needed to keep level and in control.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Busy Server

                Originally posted by Acid View Post
                In PR, having a joystick makes flying the choppers a lot easier than it is with a mouse. These choppers don't stay level so you are always fighting with the nose to keep it level. For sensitivity, I had my joystick on 6 for regular BF2 and PoE2, but putting it down to 2 helps a ton to make the fine adjustments that are needed to keep level and in control.
                Depends... I learned helo's on a stick and played that way since BF1942. (Well since the game Descent really, but that's another story.) About a year ago I switched to a mouse on Kilrogg's recommendation and have found that it actually IS easier to use the mouse... It definitely gives you much finer control... which is really useful to get AH-6 and Cobra weapons on target AND for making those really tight alley landings.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Busy Server

                  Originally posted by Sir_Brass View Post
                  Too bad there aren't that many TGers in the mix most of the time.


                  I'm finding that it's more and more NOT worth it to play without other TGers these days....I just get sick of playing. Its just no longer fun w/o friends there. So, if tgers (or our reliable pub regulars) are there, I'm there. If they're not, then I'm going to log off the server and find something better to do. This applies for POE2, and 2142.
                  Remember that we were all public players before we found TG. Many of the new folks you see on the PR server are TG players at heart. They just need to be introduced to the forums. I have a habit of joining a squad led by someone I don't know then making it a point to "sell" the forums.

                  They don't know if we don't tell them.
                  Last edited by Wimpinator; 03-01-2007, 12:03 AM.
                  Retired 6th DB

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Busy Server

                    Wimp's right. There is a lot of TG potential floating around out there.

                    If you come across a great team player, introduce them to the forums!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Busy Server

                      Originally posted by Sir_Brass View Post
                      AH, okay. I'm very new to BF2. I came into BF with 2142, so I didn't know that PR was still very young here.
                      Most folks are in the same situation and we all understand that it's a lot more fun to have a squad full of TGers that know what we are all about. The one recommendation I have is to start (and SL) a squad called "Learn TG". 9 times out of 10 a couple of TGers will jump in to help you teach the 3 pubbies that join you. In this way you have some brothers to game with and you help draw more SM's to TG by teaching them the right way of doing things. Eventually all of us will be sporting the TG tag and your wish will be granted...


                      *waves the magic wand*

                      *again*

                      "Darn things' out of charges...... I need to see the DM about this"

                      See you on the field!







                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Busy Server

                        I've actually found the best squad in PR to be "VOIP ONLY"... then you know the people that join are looking for vocal teamwork.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Busy Server

                          Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                          I've actually found the best squad in PR to be "VOIP ONLY"... then you know the people that join are looking for vocal teamwork.
                          Much better, I missed that one.







                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Busy Server

                            Hey John, sounds fun. I'll try and join you tomorrow if I'm not working on air transport tactics in 2142 (I SOOOO want to get implemented what you, myself, and blackmain have done in PRM into the 9th in 2142). THough I think you and I ought to try out those other game modes in PRM to prepare for Friday :icon_bigg.

                            Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)




                            *Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

                            DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Busy Server

                              Yep the server is soo busy I'm actually considering becoming a supporting member! Self-knowledge leads me to believe though that I can contribute more to the community here in a sort of mercenary role.

                              (start here: nostalgic little rant)
                              I do miss the SL kicking exception soo, soooo much. When I have a nice squad for say two rounds, then I get kicked as a SL... When I rejoin there is no way I will squad-lead again, seems futile then. Remeber where ash said I believe after a good round of mao valley: "Hey we have great teamwork going on the us, lets try muttrah again". All excited, I took the very,very good squad I had going then to muttrah, and at first sight of the carrier, i'm off.

                              It was funny to come in the server and hear the us wonder what happened to the good teamwork.
                              You simply cannot afford one of your +-4 full squads be decapitated, be disintegrated, and expect to dominate.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X