Password night inquiry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password night inquiry

Tactical Gamer is looking to begin hosting reality mod password nights in the near future. We wanted to talk about PW nights a little bit.

For those of you new to TG, we've typically run password nights for the various servers / mods that we host. These are open passwords to anyone that is registered on our forums. You do not have to be a supporting member, however many times these nights fill up quickly with SMs, so it is to your advantage to become one.

The goal of the password night is to provide a day/time that we want to focus our regular players onto the server and enjoy some top notch quality play. 99% of the time is the case when you gather like-minded individuals together. This also gives opportunity for newer players to learn from the veterans. This high standard of play then flows over into non-password times... and suddenly password nights become just another night.

There are some steps that need to happen in order for us to successfully run password nights. We need to get regulars from our server onto our forums. Our server is consistently busy but we're not turning these server players into TG regulars. When you're playing in a squad, take five seconds to welcome them and give them the TG URL. Ask them to stop by and say hi. That's all it takes. From there the admin team will do its best to publicize these events internally and externally.

So with that all being said... please answer the poll above and let us know what days/times that you would be able to participate in a password night. (check all that apply). Use this thread for any discussion on PW nights.
    Monday evenings
    8.72%
    Tuesday evenings
    5.37%
    Wednesday evenings
    9.40%
    Thursday evenings
    12.08%
    Friday evenings
    14.77%
    Saturday evenings
    13.42%
    Sunday evenings
    14.09%
    Saturday afternoon
    10.07%
    Sunday afternoon
    12.08%
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Password night inquiry

This is an awesome idea. I know that the prospect is a longshot and nearly impossible, but think about what a sweet game it would be if we got a full 64 TG members on all at the same time....*drools*

Comment

I think Sunday and Thursday would be best, the former Tacmod nights. Those are the nights when I see the most TG guys on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
        This is an awesome idea. I know that the prospect is a longshot and nearly impossible, but think about what a sweet game it would be if we got a full 64 TG members on all at the same time....*drools*
        It's not a long-shot. We consistently had a full vanilla server of TG regulars back in the hayday. The key back then was people were making an effort to get new TGers.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe Saturday Evenings all the way through to Sunday Afternoons.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
            Maybe Saturday Evenings all the way through to Sunday Afternoons.
            That's a possibility. We'll look at all of the responses and determine what our best option is. If we do well and getting regulars to show up in the forums and on PW nights we'll expand it. Hopefully that will reach our goal of having every night of high quality.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

/me votes Saturday/Sunday afternoons.

Obviously can't play evenings EST here.
              |TG| Lorian
              Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post

It can happen...it's not all that unlikely if we put the effort and time in...I think back to how the server was when BF2 was getting off the ground back in 2005. Plenty of pubbies fragging with lots of chaos. Soon the server was full all the time just like the PRM server is now...and after a good while longer the majority of the players ended up as TG regulars. I was lucky enough to find TG just at the end of the process when so many TGer's were playing nightly. It was manna from heaven. Somewhere in that process the admin team began using PW nights (twice a week as I recall)...so I think PW nights are a great idea. Kudos to the admin team...
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

PW nights are also a reward to the people that play a lot on the TG server, and invest effort in improving the level of play. Another advantage is you get people on the server that have very probably read the rules sop's etc.

Hope to be able to play that night. I propose organizing a PW night even this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                    Another advantage is you get people on the server that have very probably read the rules sop's etc.
                    Definitely. Admins will also be able to carry a bigger stick on PW nights. Some infractions are dealt with a gentle hand on most nights because the person quite possibly didn't know they were breaking any server rules.

When people show up on a PW night one can only assume they've read through all the rules and SOPs to obtain the password.

Knowing how we play at TG and being familiar with the rules and still breaking them makes admins angry.

Admins make these "bad men" go away...

Comment

* bump (to highlight and bring back attention)

Let's get all the votes so the admins can make the best determination.
                      |TG-12th| asch
                      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...