Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heads up - 99% that server patch will release later today

From http://realitymod.com/forum/t16915-h...ter-today.html

We just wanted to make sure that the server release was not totally borked by expanding the open beta.

We may still have some issues to resolve, but this server patch should bring the game play back to how we originally intended it to work (flag cap timer changes, CP group changes) as well as address some minor game play annoynaces and all known server crash issues are fixed (servers can run Helmand and Airport again without worrying about the Land Rover crash).

Lag appears to be much improved, tho some people have reported lag on certain maps, this does not seem to be the same sort of lag that we were experienceing before.

Should be releasing it later today, evening time PST as we have a few things to co-ordinate with a release.

Will be a news announcement later on .. there's always the 1% chance that the news announcement will be about a delay in the patch, but I am hoping we can release it today (cuz if it's not today it's gonna be next week).

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
    - Wulfyn

Re: heads up - 99% that server patch will release later today

Glad to hear that.

/Pardon me while I stab the officer's kit timer to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Lith1um View Post
      Glad to hear that.

/Pardon me while I stab the officer's kit timer to death.

Amen dude, amen!!!!!
      |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Patch installed.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
          Patch installed.
          Nicely done...

Change log is here.

Comment

Did the changes fix the server stability issues?
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

"Added 10s timer that will kill a player that stays in a vehicle position with the wrong kit, or not on the same squad as the player that "owns" the vehicle."

Hmm... Good and bad. Will wreak havok on anyone that runs a Transport squad for the express purposes of only transporting people around the map. I get the feeling that this is rarely done, especially with a general lack of CO's, but I know it's something I've tried in the past. I like the thought of dealing with stragglers in vehicles, though.
              [squadl]
              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan View Post
                "Added 10s timer that will kill a player that stays in a vehicle position with the wrong kit, or not on the same squad as the player that "owns" the vehicle."

Hmm... Good and bad. Will wreak havok on anyone that runs a Transport squad for the express purposes of only transporting people around the map. I get the feeling that this is rarely done, especially with a general lack of CO's, but I know it's something I've tried in the past. I like the thought of dealing with stragglers in vehicles, though.
                According to what I've read the 10s death only applies to the driver seat and gunner. The other positions in the APC are ok.
                Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
                  According to what I've read the 10s death only applies to the driver seat and gunner. The other positions in the APC are ok.
                  Not that I want to say you're wrong (I'd like you to be right, actually), but do you have a link to anything that states that specifically? The way that I read the changelog is that if you either 1) don't have the correct kit or 2) aren't in the same squad as the vehicle "owner" you will die after 10s. Doesn't state anything about a particular position aside from positions that require specific kits. I've learned over time that a straightforward, literal reading of any patch/update notes is best, and that seems to be how this reads. I'd love to be wrong, though.
                  [squadl]
                  "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

This is the post that I was referring to from the Realitymod forums:

http://realitymod.com/forum/showpost...9&postcount=24

Here is the full thread:
                    http://realitymod.com/forum/showthre...475#post285475

To be honest with you I had a really hard time finding that again. I was starting to doubt myself. I would have thought the exact same thing if I hadn't found that thread. :)
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

has this patch been applied yet???

Comment

The .509 patch was applied Thursday (3/1) night.
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan View Post
                          Not that I want to say you're wrong (I'd like you to be right, actually), but do you have a link to anything that states that specifically? The way that I read the changelog is that if you either 1) don't have the correct kit or 2) aren't in the same squad as the vehicle "owner" you will die after 10s. Doesn't state anything about a particular position aside from positions that require specific kits. I've learned over time that a straightforward, literal reading of any patch/update notes is best, and that seems to be how this reads. I'd love to be wrong, though.
                          I know this afternoon I got my squad picked up several times by a dedicated chopper squad. This was the MEC hippo. No one ever died in my squad while being transported. Now the apc...ya I spawned into the gunner seat I guess and got killed.
                          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Who thought it would be a good idea to kill the player if they didn't have the right kit? It is especially problematic in the attack choppers. I hopped in the gunner seat last night, just as it was about to take off, and didn't realize I needed a pilot kit to be gunner (I wasn't a pilot after all), a few seconds later I see the message saying I need the kit. Crap, now what? If I stay I get killed, if I jump I fall to a bloody death...
                            |TG| Lorian
                            Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

This feature (killing of driver/gunner) only helps on poor servers. It's rubbish and too noob- unfriendly.

They should stop trying to force teamwork, cause you can't. You just have to get the right people together.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X