1st-MIP Support Squad Tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st-MIP Support Squad Tonight

Tonight I will forming a 1stMIP-A support squad, by invitation and request (I'll be in a 1stMIP TS channel). Non-1st-MIP are welcome to join, but here is what you will be getting into. A two-squad support experiment. My 1stMIP-A will be under the primary command of the SL of 1st-MIP (and through him, the CO). If a CO is present I will request that the CO treat the 1stMIP and 1stMIP-A as ONE squad, and send orders though the SL of 1st-MIP.

Our posture may be primarily defensive, but that may change.

The 1stMIP-A will follow our standard fireteam deployment of Alpha and Bravo fireteams.

The test here is to see if the command structure can accomodate a more complex 'platoon' stituation -- which is, I think needed due to the excessive Zerg formations (many squads advancing on a target in disorderly fashion). This is also a test of a SL to SL communication protocol John.C and I are working on (nothing complicated -- indeed, concise and simple to keep SL's comm channel clear as possible).

Will post in the AAR tomorrow if we manage to get both 1st-MIP and 1stMIP-A operational tonight (approx 8pm EST).
    sigpic

Re: 1st-MIP Support Squad Tonight

you'll have the full support of the unofficial 44th Medical Brigade (which is comprised of me and me). last time we did this it was a heck of a lot of fun.

Comment

ill hop on the TG server around then (if im not already on) to check this out, over on the PR forums wewere talking about this, trying to utilize fireteams through teamspeak. the idea is you have two squads fireteams A and B. each fireteam (squad) has 4 members. With two TS options, one is both squad leaders are on one channel, or all 8 members are on it.

You then have two players as squad leaders, which means 2 rally points. And two angles of attack, which can split into four angles of attack (using a buddy system). I personally had been thinking a set up like this:

Fireteam A:
      Buddies 1
      SL with officers kit and medic
      Buddies 2
      Light AT/Heavy AT (depending on map) and rifleman

Fireteam B
      Buddies 3
      SL with officers kit and medic
      Buddies 4
      Support gunner and whatever's needed class (most likely eng or spec ops for blowing stuff up, possibly even a marksman)

Also another possibility I was thinking was having Buddies 4 both being crewmen or pilots so the platoon has direct APC/tank/heli support.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
        The test here is to see if the command structure can accomodate a more complex 'platoon' stituation -- which is, I think needed due to the excessive Zerg formations (many squads advancing on a target in disorderly fashion). This is also a test of a SL to SL communication protocol John.C and I are working on (nothing complicated -- indeed, concise and simple to keep SL's comm channel clear as possible).

This is were "channle commander" comes in handy

Comment

My TS does not function with BF2, but if you see me on your team, assume that I am available to join up.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

Fireteem!!! A lemon lime soda with a hint of tabasco sauce; would Pepsi be so bold?!?

Wow, just reading that I see the progression [??] from Teem, to Slice, to Sierra Mist. Ahhh, to be a proud veteran of the cola wars.

BACK ON SUBJECT of course I'll be there, participating in one MIP squad or the other.
            Last edited by Coridon; 03-01-2007, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon
              Fireteem!!! A lemon lime soda with a hint of tobasco sauce; would Pepsi be so bold?!?

Wow, just reading that I see the progression [??] from Teem, to Slice, to Sierra Mist. Ahhh, to be a proud veteran of the cola wars.

BACK ON SUBJECT of course I'll be there, participating in one MIP squad or the other.
              I'm still trying to process the thought process of that post...

Anyway, I may be in for a bit, it all depends on how long spanish homework will torture me for.

Comment

Sorry for not being able to make it to the battle early E-male. When I got in it was late night.

Comment

Well, the experiment never got off the ground last night. Will try later next week or this Sunday night.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                    Well, the experiment never got off the ground last night. Will try later next week or this Sunday night.
                    Me vote for Sunday :D

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Let us know I'm sure I can get a 9th squad going if you need support.

Comment

If you guys don't mind a 33rd troop thrown in the mix I'd like to join.

Comment

Another Sunday, Another Support Squad Experiment

Tonight (March 4, Sunday) I will once again attempt to form a 1stMIP-A support squad, by invitation and request (I'll be in a 1stMIP TS channel).

We will definitely be running a primary 1stMIP squad and my support squad will be under the command of its SL. Details below...

Non-1st-MIP are welcome to join, but here is what you will be getting into. A two-squad support experiment. My 1stMIP-A will be under the primary command of the SL of 1stMIP (and through him, the CO). If a CO is present I will request that the CO treat the 1stMIP and 1stMIP-A as ONE squad, and send orders though the SL of 1st-MIP.
                          sigpic

Comment

PL reporting for duty. I will take charge of 1stMIP squad at 2100 EDT.

Comment

I'll be on the server tonight, hope to see you guys on and eager to see how this experiment turns out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X