Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Inter-Squad Communication SOPs: Discussion

EDIT: Thread title changed for accuracy

APCs will be significantly more important in .509 since squads can't get supplies from other squads' RPs, and will be used for re-supply and QM functions, so I thought a simple communication SOP would work better to let the APC driver (in another squad) know why you need him with the T Request function.

When you actually want a ride, just send one T Request "Need a Ride!".

When you want to just use the QM or get ammo, give a double T Request "Need a Ride!". If they don't notice, give successive requests in tight pairs.

This would eliminate the confusion I saw tonight when saying "Need a Ride!" to an APC, who was still patiently waiting for me to load after I got my Officer's kit and r-u-n-n o-f-t.

Any other ideas that might help squads communicate in-game using similar shortcuts (similar to this or the "Boat Spotted" usage for Enemy RPs)?
    Last edited by Beatnik; 03-05-2007, 03:13 PM.
    Beatnik

Re: Basic Intra-Squad Communication SOP: Requesting an APC for Ammo/QM

Good Idea. The "need a ride" is a good way already to make an apc stop, this SOP will make it clear.

The enemy boat spotted thing is great, must use that more.

Comment

Yeah I saw it used (very effectively) several times last night on Al Basrah, and it was instrumental in getting Insurgent blue cars destroyed.

EDIT: Oh yeah - this isn't necessarily an SOP. just a suggestion that we try to use this method to clarify why we need an APC to come over to us. :)
      Beatnik

Comment

What about a "I need a ride" followed by "Need ammo" combo ;)

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar View Post
          What about a "I need a ride" followed by "Need ammo" combo ;)
          That would be my choice too.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

If that works, that's cool with me. We just need to get something in place to distinguish a "Need a Pickup" from a "Get over here so I can get my damn Officer kit" call. ;)
            Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
              If that works, that's cool with me. We just need to get something in place to distinguish a "Need a Pickup" from a "Get over here so I can get my damn Officer kit" call. ;)
              (Bommo Rose)

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

^ LOL.

One thing I found effective on Al Basrah was my air squad was trying to get targets from the frontline squads and no CO was present. We asked them to call it in by spotting boats. It made it pretty obvious for our cobras and A-10 where we were needed. Sometimes multiple boats were called in indicating massing of the OPFOR. I had to bug out early, but it worked pretty well when I was there.

Comment

That's great - but in the future we should make sure to use a separate spot symbol for bombing targets, to make sure there's some consistency in those Spotting calls (i.e. Enemy Boat=Enemy RP, Enemy Airplane=Bombing Target, etc.).
                  Beatnik

Comment

I believe it is sound for the passenger in the A.P.C. to hit the "Bail out" button if they want out.

You know the person is in your ride, or your crewmen can tell you by switching seats. Once you know this guy is in your APC, you can stop and let them out.

Of cource, give them time to get their officer kit or what ever before moving out.
                    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                    Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
                      You know the person is in your ride, or your crewmen can tell you by switching seats. Once you know this guy is in your APC, you can stop and let them out.
                      Quick tip: you can check your passenger list while driving by pressing F1 (same seat you are in)
                      former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

I've recently played in 2 APC squads. 1 where I was the SL of a full squad, but had one member,Tybalt, as my dedicated gunner and 4 infantry. This worked well since there was still room to fit a few SL's in the APC. I made it a point to be on the look for any SL's calling for a ride.

While standardizing might help, not everyon has english voice overs on. With that said not everything shows up in chat so you don't always realize what someone is saying. I think it's quite effective to just type the request into chat which actually stands out more. John F and I tried this again as 2 man squad and it also worked well. When parked I scanned chat, when driving he could catch the requests.
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by Foxoq View Post
                          ^ LOL.

One thing I found effective on Al Basrah was my air squad was trying to get targets from the frontline squads and no CO was present. We asked them to call it in by spotting boats. It made it pretty obvious for our cobras and A-10 where we were needed. Sometimes multiple boats were called in indicating massing of the OPFOR. I had to bug out early, but it worked pretty well when I was there.
                          I was there with him and yes marking targets like this makes it much easier.

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
                          That's great - but in the future we should make sure to use a separate spot symbol for bombing targets, to make sure there's some consistency in those Spotting calls (i.e. Enemy Boat=Enemy RP, Enemy Airplane=Bombing Target, etc.).
                          Yes I belive we should standardize this as it is now most ts pr players know the boat stands for an nme rp. Ill have to look into i think a plane or helo spot would be best for bombing targets.

Comment

Yeah, the problem with the commo-rose requests is that they don't show up in chat, so you don't know who is requesting or if they're on the other side of the map.

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post

While standardizing might help, not everyon has english voice overs on. With that said not everything shows up in chat so you don't always realize what someone is saying. I think it's quite effective to just type the request into chat which actually stands out more. John F and I tried this again as 2 man squad and it also worked well. When parked I scanned chat, when driving he could catch the requests.
                              Ah man that's right. I completely forgot about that (I use English only). Looks like for APCs it'll just be best to sit and type out the request.

Re: the Enemy Boat (enemy RP0 and Enemy Plane (bombing target) designations/spotting, these should definitely be used as much as possible (IMO) to assist in inter-squad communications.
                              Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X