No announcement yet.

Any non-supporting members getting on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any non-supporting members getting on?

This problem may be unique to me, but I haven't been able to play PRM 0.5 more than 3-4 times so far.
    Granted, I'm only playing on weekends right now, but I have my Battlefield Server widget up on my desktop, and it seems like it's maxed almost 24/7.

As someone who can only play a couple hours at a time, I rarely can get in and stay in before I get kicked for a SM.
    This problem's compounded by a recurring PB/connection problem that drops me out of any server, any game (BF2, mods, 2142) every 45-50 minutes after I get in.

I guess this is a combo of comment and invitation for solution ideas.

I really want to play with you guys on PRM, especially on our TG Sunday night game, but the combination of challenges just makes it impossible.

Are other non-SMs getting on and staying on?

Do I need to wait for a server crash and log on? Does it kick on overflow according to score, or who's been in-game the shortest amount of time, or highest ping, or what?
    Finally:
    Anyone heard of this 45-minute connection problem glitch? It used to be in my event viewer as a block from Windows Defender on the PB hourly verification ping exe, but I deactivate WD, my FW, and still it keeps happening.

I'm afraid that by the time server populations go down, most people will have moved on to another mod, and I'll have missed out like I did on TacMod .7:(
    sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Re: Any non-supporting members getting on?

It kicks whoever is in the server the longest, so if you want to try to stay in as long as possible, you may want to disconnect and reconnect if you see a lull in the server population.

Other than that, I'd recommend becoming a supporting member.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
      Other than that, I'd recommend becoming a supporting member.
      THis is the easiest solution, though some people don't wish to do this yet for very valid reasons.

Still, I think that if you enjoy playing on the TG servers alot, that it might be worth your while to get a supporting membership. After all, it isn't that big of a monthly fee.

Still, some people choose not to get one for what are very valid reasons. We respect that. But we still also keep the SM reserved slots as well since those who help pay for the server deserve to be able to always play on the server.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

True. I decided myself that paying the 9 bucks a month was better than getting kicked all the time, specially when I was flying (sucked to be kicked outta Basrah mid-round).

Also, I find 9 bucks a month a really good price to pay for my entertainment. Some may think it's expensive, some not. However, basically: "If you wanna play, you gotta pay".

Having a great server, with great ping, with great players and packed all the time is priceless. And even the server being packed, you will be able to join it all the time, there will always be a spot for you. Most of the times, I'm the highest ping on the server, around 160 (live in Brazil), but it still run as smooth as any brazilian servers I play on (sometimes even better! Oo)

I've been SM for around 2 weeks now, and here is my feedback: it's worth it.

wOOt
        |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Hey, just keep your eyes open for a PW night. That's probably a good chance for non-SMs to get in on the action without competing with 400 other public players.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I find that if I sacrifice 3 chickens or 1 goat immediately before trying to join the server I get on within my first 83 attempts.

Other than that you'll probably have to try a few times.
            Contributing to TG isn't a bad idea if you've got crazy resources thanks to a career. For us college types, pulling money away from anheiser busch is difficult.
            |TG|Switch

Better known as:
            That noob who crashed the chopper.
            That noob who ran over the mine.
            That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
            That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
              For us college types, pulling money away from anheiser busch is difficult.
              SM=1 12 pack less a month.
              For you "college types" who spend it all on beer, heres what i recommend: keggers. You can find them almost any night of the week and theyre either free or between $2-$5 for a bottomless cup until the keg is tapped. Do the math. Even if you drink every night, spending 5 bucks for all the beer you can drink is better than spending 10 on each 12 pack you buy. Either that or get friends and have THEM buy beer once in a while.

No offense, but I see college people complain all the time about how tight money is and I can tell you that if you think money is so tight that you cant allow 9 bucks a month for something you enjoy doing, you've got more serious problems than you think. Ask anyone who's been through it, life after college isnt all money money money. Matter of fact, most times money is three times as tight once you graduate. I went through college on my own dime since I wasnt old enough to get independent financial aid and my parents wouldnt help me out, but I can tell you that I always had 9 bucks a month to spare, so it saddens me to see people whine about blowing it all on beer.

Gotta learn to be responsible with your money sometime, and if saving 9 bucks a month for your SM instead of blowing it on beer and lap dances is a positive start to doing that, take the plunge.

Sorry if I seem grouchy, I'm working on a 200+ page research publication for my doctorate and its not going well.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Eeevil View Post
                Granted, I'm only playing on weekends right now, but I have my Battlefield Server widget up on my desktop, and it seems like it's maxed almost 24/7.
                Hold on...where the who with the what now?

Anyways, having just suspended my Everquest account payments, I forsee a SM tag in my very near future.
                |TG-6th|Belhade
                "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                  Anyways, having just suspended my Everquest account payments, I forsee a SM tag in my very near future.
                  Very cool!
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                    Hold on...where the who with the what now?

Just remember, PRM is the solution to EverCrack, not WoW:icon19:.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Considering WoW seems to be the game of choice for my company, from the corporate bigwigs down, I've been avoiding that route!

Definately having a lot of fun here, though tough - I still occasionally TK or FF due to not getting a quick ID. Having played SL most of tonight was a great experience - won two maps and even came in best squad!
                      |TG-6th|Belhade
                      "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

$9 = three pints of bud... two pints of 'good stuff'

$9 = one large cheese pizza.

$9 = one movie ticket (not including popcorn, drink, etc)

$9 = three trips to the coffee/donut shop

$9 = more than what you loose in change each month ($0.30 a day)

$9 = 1/6th the cost of a console game that takes 30hrs to complete and then gathers dust.

It's really not that much in the grand scheme of things... I guess it depends how much you'd play, and how much you enjoy that play time. Is it worth 10-20 cents an hour to not get kicked? It is to me.

(edit: note that I personally don't care one way or the other if you decide to become a SM - I just don't like to hear people complain about getting kicked or not being able to get on - when there's a solution.)
                        Last edited by WhiskeySix; 03-06-2007, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I find that if I sacrifice 3 chickens or 1 goat immediately before trying to join the server I get on within my first 83 attempts.
                          Yes, that's about right.

Voodoo is my official "Plan B" as well, when having Player Overload Connection Frustration Syndrome. (POCFS).
                          83 attempts is still a little high... your chickens should be fresh. And try lighting incense, but NOT in the same room as your rig, as the smoke will do funky things to electronics. You really don't want to be getting the attention of Ogoun, when you are trying to gain favor with Papa Legba or Dumballah Wedo.

In most cases, I simply just go to my favorites screen and click refresh until I notice a player has left the server.
                          Using both methods, I don't have to wait long to get into a full server.
                          It the whole "not getting shot in the face" thing I am still trying to work on.

Comment

Other than that you'll probably have to try a few times.
                            Contributing to TG isn't a bad idea if you've got crazy resources thanks to a career. For us college types, pulling money away from anheiser busch is difficult.
                            Dude that's 9 bucks!!!!!!!! Like Whiskey pointed out, that's like 4 beers you won't drink, in a MONTH! C'mon.

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                            (edit: note that I personally don't care one way or the other if you decide to become a SM - I just don't like to hear people complain about getting kicked or not being able to get on - when there's a solution.)
                            Genious.
                            |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

I was being a bit sarcastic.

I was suggesting that people simply donate if it's that big an issue.

And as far as the keg suggestion -- we have a kegorator. Keystone kegs go for 40 on good weeks. We know all about cost savings.
                              |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                              That noob who crashed the chopper.
                              That noob who ran over the mine.
                              That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                              That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X