Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop getting booted?

Hello all,

I have a quick question for you that I hope you can help with. Tonight I am kicked everytime I actually get on the server and play. This is not the 62/64 kick, but rather in game. I will be playing a few minutes, and bam! disconnected. how to go about not being the one kicked?

Thank you for any help,
    Drayu

Re: How to stop getting booted?

Are you joining a squad right away? The server will kick you if you have not joined a squad within 90 seconds of joining the game.
    | | |

Comment

You probably just need to read the sticky that you drove straight past on your way to post here. Failing that, it could be a bad connection at your end. I suffer intermittent disconnects, and I know mines not because of reserved slots.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I'm not getting booted from other servers, so I know it isn't the connection. It just happened again too :( Yes, I am in a squad, the SL even. I did see that sticky, but it didn't answer my question, hence my post.

Comment

Perhaps it's something along the route from your connection to the server. When I suffer the disconnects, I'm usually able to connect to other servers. It's very frustrating, because other servers are usually no fun.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Have you checked to see if your Punkbuster is up to date. That cold cause you to get booted.
            sigpic

Comment

Details!

Is it:
              "You have been disconnected"
              - your internet connection to the server is causing the problem

"You have been kicked..."
              - a script or an admin has kicked you

(complete shutdown of the client)
              - crash to desktop, if it happens frequently, there is probably something wrong with your computer
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

As icky said, if it's the "disconnected" message, then its all about your internet and if it's a crash, then its your computer. If you're getting the kicked message, then it's one of a few problems:
                1.) you're not joining a squad fast enough. Now, I can discount this because you said you'd been in a squad when its happening.
                2.) you're getting kicked for a supporting member to join. this is what I think it probably is. The way the server is set up as i understand it is to kick the non-supporting member player who has been on the longest to open up a slot. so if theres 40 non-supporting members on the server and you've been playing the longest of all of them, you're the guy who is going to get kicked. it's unfortunate that it causes you gameplay grief, but its the way we have it set up so that the people who help pay the bills can have first dibs.

my suggestion to you would be to purchase a supporting membership. doing this will prevent you from being kicked like that from ANY tacticalgamer server. you can still be kicked/banned for breaking the rules, but thats the case about anywhere. supporting memberships are cheap at only $9.00 USD a month or at a discounted rate of $80 USD if you buy a yearly membership. we really encourage people to become supporting members for a specific reason: the more supporting members we have, the more the community can grow. unlike some places, memberships at TG go ENTIRELY to pay the bills and make things better. nobody is collecting a paycheck from your contributions. hope this helps you out some.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                  my suggestion to you would be to purchase a supporting membership. doing this will prevent you from being kicked like that from MOST TacticalGamer servers.
                  Quote edited for accuracy.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...