Share the HAT kit!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share the HAT kit!

I only experiance this on your guys server. And I don't know if it's the players or if it's a bug. But many many times (mostly in EJOD it seems) I am in a jam and There is a tank and an APC heading my way so I go to an APC or supply crate to get a Heavy AT kit only to see that both are being used. So I sit there with my squad repeatidly spotting the tanks and APCs and I don't see a single Heavy AT guy come out of the woodwork to put an end to them. I was even in a AT Recon squad that I made and I still wasn't able to get a Heavy AT. So my suggestion is, if you have a heavy AT guy in your squad it's his duty to take out ANY armour on the map, not just to sit there and protect your squad from armour. Because what if both heavy AT guys are on the east side and tanks are comming in on the west, well your buddies at west are going to get screwed.

So this is my suggestion, you have a HAT guy in your squad, a tank is on the other side. Establish contact with whatever squad is on the other side, tell them to meet up with your HAT, and send your heavy AT with a rifleman escourt to the rendevous.

Re: Share the HAT kit!

Couldn't agree more. The AT Kit seems designed to support the battlefield in general, not just to a squad. Otherwise they would have armed him with something more than a pistol. If you want to just back up your squad, just take the general rpg gunner. Don't go wasting a valuable battlefield asset like HAT.

Thanks for bringing light to this issue! I've noticed the same thing.
    | | |

Comment

Yep, that's a good idea.

Also, there should never be more than one HAT in a squad, and both HAT squads shouldn't be attacking/defending the same objective.

Comment

Originally posted by mingmong View Post
        Yep, that's a good idea.

Also, there should never be more than one HAT in a squad, and both HAT squads shouldn't be attacking/defending the same objective.
        This I disagree with partially. The other day I was playing in a TG squad on Muttrah City, our squad had both HATs and we were sitting on top of the crane taking down most of the helo's and boat's that tried to land or drop off troops at Docks. This was extremely effective. It was our squads sole mission. Eventually we were the only squad holding down the docks...the rest had moved to Hotel and the USMC was effectively locked out. Granted this map is biased to the MEC...but it was quite an effective use of both HATs in a squad. If it had been split between 2 sqauds it would not have been as effective as the communication and coordination would have been made much more difficult.
        | | |

Comment

Aye, but Muttrah isn't really the normal map, is it? It's very...chokepointy. If you get what I'm saying.

Comment

I agree with Atomic Dog, if your squads sole mission is taking out armor, then both HATs in the squad is OK, ONLY if you have a dug in position where you can hit armour on most of the map OR if you have a hummer to stay mobile, OR if you can simply be at a given destination to back up a squad in less then a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by mingmong View Post
              Aye, but Muttrah isn't really the normal map, is it? It's very...chokepointy. If you get what I'm saying.
              True. But I think if on any map you had both HATs in one squad and their sole purpse was to assist the entire team by removing enemy armor when spotted that it would be far more effective than having 2 squads focused on the same objective. Having them in 1 squad allows the CO ease of communications when it comes to moving them about the map to take on hostile armor. But, in either case, if the squad(s) with the HATs took it upon themselves to utilize them properly it probably wouldn't matter if they were in 1 squad or 2. I certainly would hate to see both HATs in one squad and that squad not doing anything to backup the team with them.
              | | |

Comment

Good point Riki. The kit requests are like vehicles. They have specific duties on the map and sometimes those are beyond the particular squad that individual is in.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

This is a good point to be brought up. The Armor Hunt squads from POE2 could come into play here.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

See post numba 15 of the "Team assets and limited kit etiquette"

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...tml#post659199

The thread is a good source for such topics
                    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                    Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

It's also a bug that was apparently introduced with .509. Some of the kits end up being impossible to grab if you have died. I believe this happened Sunday night on Inishail Forest.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X