X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality Rally Weekend

Project Reality Rally Weekend

Tactical Gamer is going to celebrate and promote the recent launch of the Project Reality mod (for BF2) by hosting a Project Reality Rally Weekend this weekend, March 9th - 11th. The goal of the event is simple -- to provide the ultimate game-play experience without interruption for the entire weekend.

There are several key pieces to accomplishing this goal.

1) Fill the CO chair every round!
    An aspect that still continues to be missing on many servers is getting players to step up to the CO chair. The CO is key to organizing and coordinating the team. We'd like to get volunteers to step up for at least one round.

2) Get an introduction to Tactical Gamer regulars and experience the TG-way.
    We want to meet the new players that are playing on our server. If you're new to Tactical Gamer, please don't hesitate to join a TG-led squad. If you're a TG regular, use this opportunity to invite a new face to your squad. Mix it up and get a squad of TG regulars and new faces. Welcome them to the community and show them how we play at Tactical Gamer.

3) Maintain the server at capacity throughout the event.
    This boils down to getting each and everyone of you to join the server and participate. Make every attempt to work as a team and follow orders. Interact with the squad via VoIP. Enjoy yourself!

4) Provide admin coverage 24/7 throughout the event.
    Tactical Gamer admins will make every attempt to be available in-game and via teamspeak. However if there are times when an admin is not present, please don't hesitate to contact an admin via PM or instant messenger. See the battlefield admin list and check their profile for contact info.

Beyond the goals of the event, there are some fundamental principals that we'd like to see.

Sportsmanship
    Please keep in mind that winning isn't everything. We're trying to achieve quality games here and part of doing that means that we need to display a little sportsmanship.

Maturity & Respect
    A core aspect of gaming at Tactical Gamer is that each player is expected to act mature and show respect to your fellow players.

Date / Time: Friday, March 9th, 8pm Eastern through Sunday, March 11th, Midnight Eastern.
    Server: TacticalGamer.com - PR .509 - 62 Open Slots (64.34.161.157:16567)
    Teamspeak: Please register at our forums and view this thread for teamspeak details.
    Game-mode: AASv2 running 64p maps.
    Battlefield Recorder: Enabled
    Other: Server Rules

Reserved Slot System: The server will continue to run our customized automated reserved slot system. This means that when the server is at capacity (i.e. 62 players) then a non-supporting member will be unable to join. In most cases, the player will receive an immediate stock EA kick message. You are not banned from the server in this case, please attempt to join the server when there are less than 62 players. To get added to the reserved slot system, don't hesitate to become a supporting member and add your BF2 player ID# to your forum profile. This will usually take effect within 10 minutes and after the current round ends.

About Project Reality
    Project Reality is a free to download game modification for the Battlefield 2 (BF2) retail pc game. The Reality Mod installs alongside the existing game installation allowing both the original and Project Reality to be played separately without causing conflicts.

The Mod developers' aims are to rework the original game engine developed by Digital Illusions of Sweden (Dice) within legal and feasible constraints to create a realistic combat environment for gamers. This includes adjusting the games various elements including physics, visual effects and game play. Along with changes to how the game handles, the PR team intends to include additional factions, such as the British military and add to or alter existing factions so that they resemble real life combat elements found within their contemporary environments. [read more]

About Tactical Gamer
    Tactical Gamer is the premier gaming community for mature gamers. Based out of the United States, Tactical Gamer provides gamers worldwide with a rich gaming experience founded on teamwork, tactics, and near-simulation environments for all the games we host.

Tactical Gamer started in 1996 as XLII.com, a gaming community built around Quake 2 and the LMCTF mod. Since then, the Tactical Gamer community has grown to host 21 dedicated game and Teamspeak servers. Our current server mix caters includes Armed Assault, Battlefield 2 / 2142, Call of Duty 2, Counter-Strike Source, Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior, and Natural Selection 3.x, .

The Tactical Gamer forums currently has more than 13,000 members, and has more than 450,000 posts. The forums are an active resource for the Tactical Gamer community, including Gaming News, Game Reviews, and Game Previews, in addition to information about upcoming Game Events.
    Last edited by asch; 03-06-2007, 11:52 PM.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Project Reality Rally Weekend

I'll be there. It's about time I did some 0.5 CO'ing.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Count me in baby, im ganna have my first wack at comanding tonight so i can get the basics down. Expect a MAXx attack baby!
      AKA
      USMCSierraJuan
      Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

Sign me up. I'll step up for a round of CO or two. Can we perhaps run Muttrah? The 160th's looking good, I'm sure with a little help we can break the ring of steel around the city, especially if we had a talented CO.

Comment

post this in the PR forums as well!

ill be sure to make it :)

Comment

Originally posted by Foxoq View Post
            Sign me up. I'll step up for a round of CO or two. Can we perhaps run Muttrah? The 160th's looking good, I'm sure with a little help we can break the ring of steel around the city, especially if we had a talented CO.
            Get up a dedicated air squad, and I'm sure some of us from the 9th will be glad to spearhead a USMC mobile attack squad.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Count me in.
              [TG] Rideau

Comment

Sounds great. I have a old college friend i am going to be introducing to the mod this weekend. Sounds like a great starting place.

Tim

Comment

44th Medical Brigade will be there.

Comment

The 160th will be there!

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_JBRanger View Post
                      The 160th will be there!
                      Yes Sir!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I'm in. I'll volunteer to step up as CO on at least one round. Let's make sure to have competent COs in place for every game this weekend. I want to really see what the mod has to offer. :)
                        Beatnik

Comment

I'm there, it's about time I get some proper PR time in, instead of scattered rounds here and there.
                          |TG| Lorian
                          Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
                            Let's make sure to have competent COs in place for every game this weekend.
                            I'll step up and...wait, you said competent, right? Dag...

Comment

I will try to be there my desktop with everything on it is down i am trying to use Nortan Ghost to put my C:\ on a bigger hard disk. I will try my best!! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X