Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Conquest mode with .509

Greetings Project Reality Mod Community,

The following thread will brainstorm on utilizing the potential in having the mod played as Conquest on specific days, with specific maps, and specific server side settings.

I will not state the reasons for lobbying to do this. Through out many threads and posts in TG and the PRM forums, people have expressed the potential in conquest. Like wise, many have stated the Down's Syndrome nature of Conquest.

Before getting started, it is important to trouble shoot the Conquest set-up on the password server A.S.A.P.
    For example:
    When I play single player Conquest @ Airport, I cannot get any of the special kits to work. Not being able to do this with the multi-player would junk everything.

___

As all know, Conquest has its limitations.

Hopefully, the following subjects will address on how to reduce as many as possible.

Feel free to discuss the following

_

1. Number of warriors to cap a flag?

I recommend 3 (fire-team). If this is possible to implement, then conquest will be looking much better already.

___

2. What PRM maps can be used to play conquest on?
    This is a huge question. Some maps would be gold for Conquest. Like wise, others would bring about a serous bout of Down's Syndrome.

I recommend the following top ten.

10. Do not have one
    9. Sunset City
    8. Mao Valley
    7. Helmand Province
    6. Airport
    5. Hills of Ham
    4. Operation Phoenix
    3. I. Forest
    2. Al Basrah
    1. M. City

__
    3. What are your top ten old school maps to play Conquest on?

I recommend the following:

10. Do not have one
    9. Do not have one
    8. Dalian Plant
    7. Gulf of Oman
    6. D. Oilfields
    5. Mash City
    4. Zetar Wetlands
    3. S. Stalemate
    2. S. Peninsula
    1. Wake Island

___

4. How many flags are needed to induce bleed on the team with the less flags?

I would recommend the set up TG used in vBF2. However, the Insurgent maps cause for a new look. One cannot expect a band of rebels to hold strong against a mechanized War machine in a stand up fight. Therefore, the insurgents should have less flags to prevent bleeding. This is tricky and would require a fair amount of thought.

____

5. How often and what day of the week should the server be set to Conquest?

I recommend twice a week during the week day, 24 hours. These days must be consistent. Not on weekends. These are AASv2 times.

____

6. What is your recommended server side settings?

Besides the added number to capture a flag, and the maps I like, I am good.
    Not sure how the tickets should be set-up.
    ___

7. Post what ever you believe would improve the gameplay of the Conquest maps.

Defending rear flags and not constanly assaulting. Let's break out those anti-infantry rifleman kits shall we.
    Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 03-06-2007, 08:36 PM.
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Re: Limited Conquest mode with .509

Great thread! I have been thinking/praying for this since the new version of the mod came out. I can see the guys took their time and put effort into making AAS 2 for the mod but on our server I don't think it works that well right now. I find the game to involve a lot of moving around (you march to one flag only to find that the previous flag has been taken so you march back but then it gets taken by your team so you head the other way etc) and sometimes there are just way too many people at a flag. AAS would be fun on a 24 or maybe 32 person server but we run 64 and it can get hectic for a realism mod. Having half or more of both teams at a flag is just no fun.

Conquest would allow a lot of new tactics and possibilities for the mod. It would be a great change of pace to mix it up every few nights. I would like to see conquest on Fridays, Wednesday or possibly any weekend day. I would even support full time conquest even though a big part of the mod is AAS. Conquest works for me on any map.

Comment

I don't think AAS2 has been given a chance yet. We've only had it a few weeks, and it's far closer to the real world than conquest.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I love AAS2 as one of the great things about PR. The conquest mode has a big weakness that just can kill tactics, the wack the mole syndrome, flags just switch hands all the time as its hard to defend all the flags as a defender.

I think AAS2 takes away conquests focus on just taking flags, the focus in AAS2 is tactics and holding a battle line which is a more realistic way of how a battle is fought, and for me more enjoyable and creates hold the line feeling and increases the importance of flanking.

I really like the battles in AAS2 as its much harder to take a flag as you really have to cordinate to get a well defended flag. In conquest you just go to another flag if one is hard to take.

I agree that sometime you get to many people on a flag but I havent really seen that as a major problem when we have good SLs on both sides.
        |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

Yeah, it would be best if players got a good two-three months of AAsv2 before doing ANY Conquest.

If we did Conquest, it should be in a light scrim, and not on certain nights of the week, and with maps they would bring about great gameplay.
          Plus, we could set up rules for each team to go by to make it more similar to AASv2.

Example:

Wake Island light scrim. No arty.

Rules of Engagement:
          China's Air strip is a UCB. No attacking the enemy there, no killing vehicles.
          Result: Allows China to defend one less flag in order for their defense to be more solid elsewhere.

China has had their Eye of God satilite shot down or scrambled. Thus, the Corp will have intell advantage to balance the above rule.
          Result: Allows the Corp to make a more suprise assault, and allows them to be more sneaky when on the island.

Of cource the bleed will need to be tweaked seeing how there would only be four CBs.

__
          For the record, I am pro AASv2.

But I do know if you go out for steaks 7 days a week, it gets old after a while.
          There is plenty of potintial with certain Conquest maps with certain server tweaks, with high quality players on the server.
          (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
          (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
          (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
          Squad Leader pledge to their team:
          Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement