Bad Sportsmanship on TGs part.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Sportsmanship on TGs part.

I'm sorry, but some of you people have been using some real underhanded techniques for the sake of winning. Two examples.

1. Hills of Hamyong level. UK forces going to the very back base and destroying the rally point there. This is a level flaw, and going back there and blowing it, I'm sorry that's straight up exploiting the game. That is NOT a tactical manuver. Blowing that rally point when it's the last rally point, that's totally acceptable. But in the beginning of the game before you even have all the front flags that's retarded.

2. Al Basrah. Distinction between a main and a UCB. US forces which had about 15 TG tags from what I recall said sending helis and troops to the palace was OK because it's not a main base. Which I don't know TG rules word for word. But just because it's not a UCB, does not mean it isn't a main base. 80% of Insurgeants assets spawn there, it's the last base the US captures, there for it IS a main base.

Also they said it was ok for them to keep sending helis and troops because they were "surpressing us" more BS. I doubt the US would enjoy it if the insurgeants "surpressed" the US by blowing their air assets and shooting troops as soon as they spawn. The US were "surpressing" us when suburbs was white (it was in the process of being recaptured) and the Insurgeants had captured Industry which the US had capped for a short time.

The US were saying "Well those troops were there when we had Industry" ok, I can understand this, a squad sent in preparing to capture palace when they are on the verge of capping industry and suburbs. But I took out myself 6+ soldiers, which is more then a squad, which means more troops were spawning in on a SL or rally point.

Maybe someone can clarify the rules and gentlemans conduct, but when a team is doing something that makes me loose ALL fun in the game and disconnect from the server, there is definatly something wrong.

Come on, this is the TG server, I come here for fun mature games, not for guys upping their stats and trying to get the most kills, which is exactly what I felt the US was doing.

/end rant

Re: Bad Sportsmanship on TGs part.

Hey Riki. Feel free to contact me over IM and we can figure out what's going on. We're finding that PR has introduced many new concepts that may or may not require adjustments on our part. It may also have happened to be a bad representation of TG which happens from time to time.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

Just to play devil's advocate here on a couple of points (note, I was not there, so can't comment specifically):

Regarding point 1: Perhaps a significant number of players were not aware of this flaw. A lot of players are still learning the game, and it can get overwhelming at times.

Point 2: If it's not a UCB, it's not a UCB. We don't make 'fake' UCBs here. If it really should be considered a UCB, for all the reasons you mentioned above, then it's time to make it one on the map.

Now, all that said, the TG members should always strive to play an honorable game. We all agree that gameplay is far more important than winning.

'Unofficial' rules do sometimes get stepped on in the heat of battle, and often a round just tuns out ugly no matter what, particularly when one side just has an overwhelming hold on the map. It's bad when it happens, but it does unfortunately happen.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

But in AAS, any flag not in play is an uncap (for the moment).
        |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

Basically what you're saying is, people were treating the maps tonight like conquest mode?

There's certainly a thin line between suppression and spawn camping. I have not played PR all that much so correct me if I'm wrong but do all the vehicles take longer to spawn than say in vanilla or POE? If they do I just couldn't see spawn camping being a problem here.

How many TG players did you see on the server earlier? I don't see any TG tags on the server right now. I can't imagine TG players being involved in any kind of bad sportsmanship. That's the exact opposite of what Tactical Gamer is all about. Perhaps the gameplay and strategies for all the maps still needs to be tweaked.

Comment

It's pretty much bending the rules for their favor. A main base is a main base. It's not my failure to understand your rules, it's TG rules not working with PR, or vice versa. asch and I are discussing things at the moment, we will come up with something that can make all players happy.

Pretty much you guys aren't playing PR the way it was meant to be played. We set things up so it can be played by all. But with TGs style of play it can turn some things upsidedown which we now know.

An example is one team rushing to the other side of the map placing rally points killing players while just a few players cap the back flags.

Comment

How about a bubble of death, similar to what they have in PoE2, for flags that are not capturable at a given time?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Can you elaborate more on how you define PR the way it was meant to be played? I can understand your frustrations, but I"m sure DICE also didn't envision BF2 being plagued by stats whoring, bunny hopping, dolphin diving, spawn camping, team killing, air whoring players on its servers.

I don't know what happened on the server tonight, but I would hope you aren't confusing new tactics or strategies with poor gameplay from us. Even with endless amounts of testing, surely even the developers can't imagine every single angle being covered on how exactly their software(game) should or can be used.

Comment

PR removed all forward spawn points and put in rally points so you wouldn't be either:

a. in the middle of capping a flag and you have guys spawn in from nowhere.
                  b. spawn in on a flag and get killed because guys are capping it.

Also we made it so 90% of the assets spawn at the main bases. Unlike vanilla where assets spawn all over. There for if you are spawning at a main base you should not be subject to getting killed, unless all other flags are capped and it is in the process of being captured.

Comment

I wasn't on the server for Hills of Hamgyong, but I was playing Al Basrah. I can tell you what happened from my personal perspective. Up front I'll say I didn't see anything done on the USMC part that involved bad sportsmanship, or a breaking of server rules.

At the beginning of the round I was slow in setting up my squad and spawning in. My plan was to defend NorthVCP while other squads pushed into the city. I spawned on the APC, hopped out and was immediately cut down. I did this again with the same result. The Insurgents never attempted to cap that flag even though they had sufficient forces to do so. I spawned at the US Airfield and walked to the westernmost CP on the map (name escapes me). I then requested pickup from the transport helo and was airlifted to the SouthVCP, which was also undefended. At this point we had three USMC infantry squads hitting Facility, and my squad was at SouthVCP. I was confident we would cap Facility so we boarded an APC and moved close to Mosque in anticipation of Facility falling. This happened, and we stayed at Mosque to defend while two squads moved to cap Industry. Once it fell, those squads moved on and again my squad moved up to defend Industry. Suburbs fell, and those squads moved on the Palace. An armor squad then moved to defend Suburbs so I placed my squad in a boat and said "let's end this quickly" for the very reason I didn't want a long, drawn out slaughter to take place.

At this point, an armor squad was defending Suburbs, Industry was undefended and three USMC squads began assaulting the Palace simultaneously. I was hoping to cap the flag quickly and end the round but unfortunately in the process Industry was lost.

I had to log off for the night at that time, but up until then the only "questionable" actions I'd personally witnessed were the camping by the Insurgents of the APC at NorthVCP. This was absolutely pointless, other than killing me (and possibly a few others) twice in the process.

Please keep in mind I never saw a USMC squad advance on the Palace until it was cappable. This entire event unfolded in the span of about 30 minutes, which is incredibly short when considering the map was Al Basrah. Facility was the only flag the Insurgents really put up a fight for, but otherwise USMC just rolled and rolled through that map.

I admit once Industry fell while three squads were assaulting the Palace should have caused them to back off, but such a tactical withdrawal is never done quietly nor immediately. There's lots of noise and confusion, and you have your teeth sank deep into the neck of the enemy. As I said, in the span of 30 minutes the ticket count had read something like 480-60 with the insurgents bleeding tickets hand over fist. I wanted the round to end.

Ultimately I don't think it was a case of poor sportsmanship. I think USMC was overpowering that round, and all the TG guys I saw stayed back and held flags once they were capped (until only Palace was left and I orderd my squad in to help with the coup de grace). There was no back-and-forth struggle. Once USMC capped, they moved on and capped, then moved on and capped while my squad made sure we didn't lose any of that valuable real estate towards the rear.

Comment

Well in response to North VCP, the Insurgeants can't cap it back once the US has captured it.

I left frustrated in the middle of the round along with my squad. But anyways, you say that once we had capped industry US should of backed off. Well yeah troops won't leave quietly I agree. But we were being completely raped by your 2 cobras.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                        How about a bubble of death, similar to what they have in PoE2, for flags that are not capturable at a given time?
                        I think that should be the solution. If a flag isn't immediately contested, or in the next set of flags to be contested (like my squad moved to Mosque anticipating Facility's capture) you can't gain access to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post
                          I think that should be the solution. If a flag isn't immediately contested, or in the next set of flags to be contested (like my squad moved to Mosque anticipating Facility's capture) you can't gain access to them.
                          That's a great idea, if it's possible.

IMO, there should be no action at any flags that are 2 or more groupings away from the currently held flags. This would definitely apply to main bases on Assault maps. I haven't once seen even a decent game when one team was suppressing an enemy's assets at their main while ignoring their proper objectives. Every time I've personally seen it, the net effect has been ruining the game for the entire team.
                          Beatnik

Comment

What would be a simple solution to Riki's problem on al basra and the problems previously mentioned about greasy mullet is if the devteam
                            -without changing any gameplay mechanics at all-
                            would just put a red ucb sign over those flags. Whether they can be capped or not. This would show players clearly that these bases are not supposed to be attacked unless you can cap them.

If it is possible to put the red signs on the map without changing the mechanics, it would be an elegant improvement.

The death bubble would be even better though if they can/want to implement that.

Comment

Hmmm I like your idea Al, maybe a let's say blue UCB symbol that represents that the flag is cappable, but shouldn't be attacked.

But I don't know how successful that would be at actually detering players from attacking it though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X