Request: Enable side-switching after each round

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: Enable side-switching after each round

One of the complaints about our server is that sides aren't switched after each round... so people end up stuck on one side (US/Opfor) all night. I'd like to request that we enable side-switching after each round, and figured this thread could be used to discuss.

Here are some of the reasons why I'd like to see it enabled:
    1) It offers everyone an opportunity to start and SL a squad without having to worry about a limited pool of potential squad members - since everyone starts not in a squad.

2) It allows specialty squads to be created that are appropriate for that map (and removes the problem of having an "AIR SUPPORT" squad carried over onto a non-air map)

3) When a SL leaves at the end of a round, you end up with a random SL - one that may not have a mic... or any interest in SL'ing... leading to SL roulette. This way - every squad has a SL that wants to be SL.

4) Perhaps most obvious, it let's you try different weapons and different tactics because you're not playing the same faction the entire night

The only reason I've heard why it's not enabled is because it breaks up squads. The reason I don't think this is a big deal is because it's so easy to recreate your squad: Just start the squad locked and invite back your SM's.

Your thoughts?

Re: Request: Enable side-switching after each round

I agree and I second this request.
    | | |

Comment

Great idea!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
        One of the complaints about our server is that sides aren't switched after each round... so people end up stuck on one side (US/Opfor) all night. I'd like to request that we enable side-switching after each round, and figured this thread could be used to discuss.

Here are some of the reasons why I'd like to see it enabled:
        1) It offers everyone an opportunity to start and SL a squad without having to worry about a limited pool of potential squad members - since everyone starts not in a squad.

2) It allows specialty squads to be created that are appropriate for that map (and removes the problem of having an "AIR SUPPORT" squad carried over onto a non-air map)

3) When a SL leaves at the end of a round, you end up with a random SL - one that may not have a mic... or any interest in SL'ing... leading to SL roulette. This way - every squad has a SL that wants to be SL.

4) Perhaps most obvious, it let's you try different weapons and different tactics because you're not playing the same faction the entire night

The only reason I've heard why it's not enabled is because it breaks up squads. The reason I don't think this is a big deal is because it's so easy to recreate your squad: Just start the squad locked and invite back your SM's.

Your thoughts?
        I dont see why we dont have this now , correct me if im wroung but the 2142 server switches sides each round.

Comment

Personally this is one of the things that I HATE about 2142. I prefer to keep a squad intact. If this could be done without altering the squads the I would be all for it, otherwise I really don't care for this idea.
          Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
            I dont see why we dont have this now , correct me if im wroung but the 2142 server switches sides each round.
            You are absolutely correct. I met this community via 2142 and we switch teams every round, whiping clean the sqauds and trying the other side for a change. The only thing I need to say is that some rounds tend to last VERY VERY long in PRm and playing that same map twice might not be able to give us a variation of maps for those members that only get to play for a limited time each day.
            Anyway I agree with whiskey, I motion for the side change.
            AKA
            USMCSierraJuan
            Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

We don't switch sides because, as Wimpinator says, doing so breaks up the squads and ruins whatever chemistry can be created within a squad. That said, we are always open to change, if the community sentiment is there.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                I agree and I second this request.
                ditto

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

I am with the Dude on this one.

Wow, when have I ever been against the Dude?

Ohh... wait, there was that one time, but he put the smack down on me later.
                  My dentures just came in the mail. At least they are a good fit.

___

I agree that breaking up a great squad is the biggest con, but seeing how we ARE beta testing the mod, this would be a great way to shake things up and let us see all the aspects of the game. Plus it allows us to meet other people.

Plus, with such long maps, there is more time for the squad to get coordinated.
                  (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                  (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                  (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                  Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                  Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                    That said, we are always open to change, if the community sentiment is there.
                    Previous to my playing on our 2142 server, I wouldve screamed Blasphemy, much as a few other people are/have, but since playing with it, I honestly didnt note any decrease in the quality and teamwork in the overall play, through out the change.

I'm sure the almighty admins have already thought about this, but I figured it couldnt hurt to suggest: Trying a night or two, after this PRM rally weekend of course, to test it out and see how it goes.
                    Focused

Comment

Just a quick note about switching, if it were turned on...

As we all know, EA still has not figured out their 'red-tag' bug. In 2142 and teamswitching, a problem shows up with players not being 'reset' properly. So, a player will appear to be in a squad, but he will in fact not be in it. Also, some squads will appear to have 7 or 8 guys in them. The player in question cannot leave the squad that he appears to be in (but is not), and is invariably kicked by the squadless script.

I can forsee that happening here.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                        Just a quick note about switching, if it were turned on...

As we all know, EA still has not figured out their 'red-tag' bug. In 2142 and teamswitching, a problem shows up with players not being 'reset' properly. So, a player will appear to be in a squad, but he will in fact not be in it. Also, some squads will appear to have 7 or 8 guys in them. The player in question cannot leave the squad that he appears to be in (but is not), and is invariably kicked by the squadless script.

I can forsee that happening here.
                        Then I vote no * 2. I have had that happen to me and it is very irritating.
                        Retired 6th DB

Comment

I'm definitely against the side swapping after a round.
                          [squadl]
                          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Against forced side switching. If PR works like poe2(and it should) then an entire squad can easily switch sides before a round starts because autobalance does not come into play then.
                            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                              Against forced side switching. If PR works like poe2(and it should) then an entire squad can easily switch sides before a round starts because auto balance does not come into play then.
                              Mantis is right, when we are running a 1st MIP squad and find the teams are unbalanced we will all switch over to the other side no problem before the round starts. The big trick is not getting killed early to avoid getting team switched once the round has started

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X