This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medic related question

Whilst serving under Commander Apophis last night, I was bleeding out at the estate flag and discovered that there wasn't a medic within half a klick of my position.

How common is it for the rest of you, to take fatal wounds and bleed out BUT be in a safe(ish) position by the time you finally succumb to the blood loss? I have a vague idea on how to combat this sort of thing, but if it's not reasonably commonplace, it probably doesn't bear devoting any more thought to.

I'm not having a dig at our medics here. I'm trying to establish a rough idea of how many people are dying slow deaths due to there not being a medic on hand. If you find yourself having to travel a considerable distance to get patched up with lesser wounds, that data would probably help me as well.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Medic related question

Unfortunately this is more common than it should be. I have found on many occasions that in the random squad run by someone I don't know that if I don't play medic then it doesn't get done.

The LSD effects of being severely wounded is a problem as well since the player that is hurt has a very hard time getting to a safe place to be healed. The medic often has to actively go to the wounded player and actively search them out.
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

removed content. See post number 5
      Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 03-09-2007, 01:24 PM.
      (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
      (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
      (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
      Squad Leader pledge to their team:
      Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
        I am under the impression of still too many medics playing, and too boot not looking after all players when possible.
        That suggests there are many wounded troops not getting attention? I'm not ignoring your (rather interesting) ideas on how to combat this, I'm just keen to keep the focus of the thread on how many members are ending up KIA or badly wounded due to lack of competant medics.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Medics are all over the place.

Besides from the one that just sticks with their squad and does not help you out, things are good.

Ohh, and there are some FNGs who do not know about healing after the revive to seal the deal.
          (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
          (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
          (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
          Squad Leader pledge to their team:
          Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Big thanks to 1stMIP fire team medics (typically Mosely and Grunt), I dont remember bleeding to death even once.

Every squad must have a dedicated medic. But not just a guy randomly assigned. Someone who really wants to be one. A medic fighting in front is not a medic. He is just a soldier with extra med pack load.

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar View Post
              Every squad must have a dedicated medic. But not just a guy randomly assigned. Someone who really wants to be one
              Quite so. Are you finding youself in a situation where you need *desperately* a medic though, John? Are you in danger of bleeding out because there isn't a medic around? Does it happen often to you?
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

John beat me to it. 1st MIP always has at least one, and very often two medics. Medics are always stationed to the rear and ideally only fire their weapon when they are in dire circumstances or if the SL orders them to engage. Keeping SL alive or the other FT leader alive is the primary responsibility of the medic in a 1st MIP squad. That and (especially in PRM) keep the smoke coming.

When I lead my own mixed squad I try to assign a medic to my six and instruct him not to engage unless he's protecting our six.

I know it's obvious but feel it needs to be said. Don't hesitate to call out to your squad mates and have them drop their bandages on your position. Often only one or two of those bandage packs will heal you enough to halt the bleeding out.

Sometimes it's hard to resist getting involved in the combat though. I make that mistake often enough.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I usually play medic if I dont play SL. I find it hard to know when to heal people if they do not speak out on VOIP, its also hard to find people if the dont use the I need a medic call. I think the issue is related to the "bad" habit from BF2 vanilla where you pick up the medic packs from the ground.

Also reviving is harder on some maps, if somebody goes down its hard to find the body in all the grass on some levels.

From a SL perspective I have had good experience with being healed by medics. If I ask for healing both on VOIP and on the I need a medic short command.
                  |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                    John beat me to it. 1st MIP always has at least one, and very often two medics. Medics are always stationed to the rear and ideally only fire their weapon when they are in dire circumstances of if the SL orders them to engage. Keeping SL alive or the other FT leader alive is the primary responsibility of the medic in a 1st MIP squad. That and (especially in PRM) keep the smoke coming.

When I lead my own mixed squad I try to assign a medic to my six and instruct him not to engage unless he's protecting our six.

I know it's obvious but feel it needs to be said. Don't hesitate to call out to your squad mates and have them drop their bandages on your position. Often only one or two of those bandage packs will heal you enough to halt the bleeding out.

More great points on the general subject of medics, but I fear my original post just hasn't been understood. I'm seeking data on how often people die or come close to it, due to medics not being around them. I just don't know how else to put this. Perhaps someone can translate into TG'ish for me?
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Nope, never happened; If I'm ever alone, which is rare, it would usually be after a gunfight that's taken everyone else out, and if I'm wounded there's gonna be a medic kit on of those bodies somewhere, friendly or enemy.
                      |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

This happens to me from time to time. The ridiculous thing is that you will see medics all around and even be calling out for a medic, but nobody ever comes. You just bleed out and die.
                        | | |

Comment

I think if a squad plans on having two fireteams spread out, then two medics is the best way to go. But if the squad is going to be fairly close together a lot of the time, one medic is best. The reason being is that the body armor in PR is amazing. The more body armor a squad has, even if it means one less medic, the more the squad will be able to stay alive. You also dont need that second medic to keep the SL up as often. You have RPs for a reason.

About the body armor, you know you got hit in your armor if you get slightly hazed for a brief second. I know this to be true because if i get hit like that and try to get a medic i dont get healed and i dont start coughing later. The body armor also seems to account for all those times where you say "God! I hit him in the chest 4 times and he lived!". Yeah, ya probably did hit him, but it hit his armor that got hit. In vanilla body armor seemed to be more of just a health modifier rather than a dynamic modifier as it is in PR.

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                            More great points on the general subject of medics, but I fear my original post just hasn't been understood. I'm seeking data on how often people die or come close to it, due to medics not being around them. I just don't know how else to put this. Perhaps someone can translate into TG'ish for me?
                            This is speaking from my personal experience, and not a dig at anyone in particular.

I always die. No exaggeration here, if I get critically wounded or start bleeding out (the bandages you carry for bleeding don't seem to work at all), I just sit back and wait to respawn. I don't even call for a medic anymore.

Over the past two weeks of playing, I've been revived from critically wounded a handful of times. Doesn't matter if a squad medic is nearby, far away, if some other squad's medic is in the vicinity. I've also had numerous experiences of being wounded (not critical, but light and/or bleeding) and calling for a medic, seeing a bunch of medic tags nearby, and being ignored completely. I've even gone so far as to stand in front of a medic, hitting "need medic" repeatedly, and watching them run right by me. Overall, my experiences with medics (in and out of squad) has been terrible to the point of, as I stated earlier, me never calling for a medic.

On the flip side, I've tried being a medic. I still don't believe people have figured out how PR works in the getting healed/lethality respect. People generally don't back off from the firefight, forcing me to meet them on the line of fire. This leads to my death usually, because the medic can take about 1.2 bullets before dying. I've also noticed that people tend to either 1) call for a medic and run off or 2) stand up in the open while getting healed, which equals death.

It's sad, but I try to play PR now pretending that medics don't exist, because (outside of a few rare exceptions) I haven't seen anything positive from them.

Where's Evil Lemon when you need him? :P
                            [squadl]
                            "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
                              Medics are all over the place.

Besides from the one that just sticks with their squad and does not help you out, things are good.

Ohh, and there are some FNGs who do not know about healing after the revive to seal the deal.

Don't forget the folks who run away after you defib them.
                              Or run away from you as you try to heal them. sigh... as they scream MEDIC!

I'm 99.9% medic
                              {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X