Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reality of PRM

Greetings.

This thread will be used for us to post and read some of the more unkown aspects about the mod.

Feel free to post anything you believe will help the community when they play the mod.

Feel free to ask a question.

Feel free to discuss a few differnt types of tactics that have worked and not worked.

Cheers.

__

Here is my first one.

1. Engineers can lay up to 8 mines. They start with two, but can be resupplied and lay more. Once you try to put down one more than the eighth, the first one will disapear.

2. The mines will atcually stay there for quite a while after you die or change kis. I would say 5-10 min easy.

3. On single player mod, you can get special kits from supply crates. This will help players study them. Note: Sniper no, not enough players.

4. The medic can resupply their pads by getting ammo from the rifleman.

5. The rifleman can put down up to three ammo cases. After this, the first one will disapear.

6. Claymores do light damage at 15 meters distance. At 13 you will need a lot of field dressings to get healed up. Not too sure about these numbers, be carefull.
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Re: The reality of PRM

Helpful! Thanks, I wondered about the mines thing. I like to play engineer, and wondered at what point of spamming mines I would start to erase those I already laid.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

- The mines will stay there INDEFINITELY as long as your alive. Once you die, a 10 minute timer starts. At end of 10 minutes your mines disappear.

- Repair/Support Humvee repairs EXTREMELY slowly. Its much more useful for supplying vehicles ammo and used for engineer transport.

- Engineer wrench repairs at triple the rate of the crewman wrench.

- Throwing a field dressing on a critically wounded soldier will 'free' them from the terrain when you cannot seem to use the defibulators on them, allowing them to be revived.

- You can get your ammo bags back from ammo bags. Also, placing 3 ammo bags in close proximity allows for much quicker reloads.

- Knife kills often 'KILL' and not simply critically wound, making it advantageous as they cannot be revived.

- Armor/APC's have 4 smoke dispersals, and they cannot be reloaded (working on that)

- UAV trailer rearms all vehicles.

- Pressing 'C' key on the 50cal switches between wide angle and ironsite mode.

- AT rounds are MUCH More effective versus tank rear armor than any other part on a tank.

- sometimes your APC will register as having 0 ammo even though you didnt fire that much. This is actually a bug and in fact you DO have ammo and when you click, you ARE actually shooting. However in first person it does not show you shooting, however all other players in fact see you shooting. THis bug happens sometimes when a non-crewman get into the gunner position. You can either keep shooting like this, not seeing your shots but know you are shooting, or you can ask a fellow crewman to get in the gunner seat, this 'resets' the ammo counter and fixes the bug. Were working on a fix for v0.6.

- claymores have a small 'arming delay' in that you cannot detonate them after the first 3 seconds of deployment. If you try to detonate them without waiting 3 seconds, they will not go off and they will stay there for a long time in a deactivated state.

- if you want to 'kill' an enemy critically wounded soldier because you fear their medic will come revive them, 2 grenades, an AT round, tank round, etc will KILL them outright.

- HEAT rounds do very little damage to vehicles. This is sort of a bug, but for now only use AP/SABOT versus vehicles for maximum effectiveness

- A medic will only heal you inside the following vehicles: APC, heavy chopper, heavy jeep. The medic MUST be seated in the rear passenger seats to give the healing property (cannot be seated in guns or driver). This is to simulate the medic bandaging, apply morphine etc and they cannot be doing that while operating the vehicle.

there is a **** ton more ill get to writing some more soon

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
        -
        - Throwing a field dressing on a critically wounded soldier will 'free' them from the terrain when you cannot seem to use the defibulators on them, allowing them to be revived.
        That is probably the single most useful thing I have heard in a long time. I will have to try it out.

Thanks Fuzzhead!
        Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
          That is probably the single most useful thing I have heard in a long time. I will have to try it out.

Thanks Fuzzhead!
          Fuzzhead, would holding your medpack out work the same way ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Thanks bud, glad to know that about the mines now.

-Gitchy

Comment

Excellent info Fuzzhead

__

Myth or Reality?

Let's say I have a Mountain kit and have the G. Hook.

Also, there is a transport chopper over me at a height where the G. Hook goes up to before falling.

My question is: If I throw the G. Hook, will it latch onto the Chopper. If so, then can I get on the rope and get a free ride from the Chopper?

___

Myth or Reality?

Can a squad leader request the Officer kit, not take it but allow another member in his/her squad take it? If so, will this other member be able to put down Rally Points?

____

Question

Is it possilbe for transport choppers to lose power and crash land leaving the passengers in good shape.

_____

Question

How many hit points are revived after a field dressing is applied?

And a follow up:

Will three field dressings do three X the healing? I am just worred that field dressings only heal you to a certain point no matter how many you use.

Comment

quasi-fast rope: yes it works best on the merlin, but it is very gimmicky and does not work in a gameplay environment (your chopper get destroyed way too quick by RPGs). plus no pilot is patient enough to allow you to try this (unless just ****in around)

officer - yes you can take it, no you have no HUD option to put down a rallypoint if you not SL.

crash landing - i have done it 3 times, we all survived 2 of the 3 times and played a 'blackhawk down' scenario where we waited for someone else to get us. of course no one ever did come get us but it was fun nonetheless.

field dressing = 15hp irc
                you can continually use field dressing until you reach 100hp.

Comment

Dick: no because what the field dressing is doing is manipulating the physics of the critically wounded soldier. basically its just raising the body so its not longer 'clipping' into the terrrain. this usually happens on slopes and on statics. actually anything will work that has physics properties (landmine, ammo bags, etc) but i just say field dressing cause every class gets one and its actually beneficial to throw it down, cause when you revive the player they instantly get that +15hp, saving you some work with the medic bag

Comment

Really usefull tips! Thank fuzz!
                    |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Yeah, I never understood why medics also had field dressings. That makes a ton of sense...

Comment

next version (not tested yet) hopefully medics will NOT be able to heal themselves with their own medic bag, and will need to 'click n hold' to heal other players.

Comment

Thank you this is very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                            -
                            - Pressing 'C' key on the 50cal switches between wide angle and ironsite mode.

Aha! I wondered how one switched to a wider view when manning the .50s.

Thanks chap!

Comment

Nice Feedback Fuzzhead, well done.

Myth or Reality?

The gunner in the gunships can zoom in like in the A.P.C. and Tanks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement