Um?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um?

I'm not sure if I should as this out here or pm and admin but is there any way we can get two PRM channles in teamspeak for the respective teams. Normally it isn't a problem. However with the recent fad of dedicated transport squads, and the lack of a cammander 9 times outa 10 I think its needed. It is incredable difficult to get a transport squad to put you were you want them using in game chat. This was brought to a head last night when I gave one of our helo squads a gride location and was dropped three grides away. I've done this from both sides of the fence as both the squad being droped and the pilot. I feel the lack of cordination warrants another channle.

Re: Um?

Actually having an ATC channel to whisper to, maybe for both sides, would be best, that way you could whisper to the pilots/controller without bothering all the other players and voicing over their in game voip. We're talking about some ideas in the 160th maybe Root will present them soon.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
    - Wulfyn

Comment

Well I suppose that setting wisper keys to the pilots could work if a little combersome.

Comment

Doesn't it warrant a commander more than an external teamspeak solution?
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I play in TG most nights, whats the TS channel?

My ingame name's colmmlynchplayer
          Gerardnm

Comment

The teamspeak info is listed in the FAQ. You can find a link in my signature.

Read over the server rules and SOP's while you are browsing around. They will answer a bunch of questions.
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
              Seconded. If you stand to benefit from Teamspeak (I assume that means you've got a mic) then there's no real excuse for asking for an external solution to a problem that's fixed simply by more people stepping up to CO.

Comment

I'm sick of playing Commander... i was playing Operation Ghost Train today and i was Commander of the British Armed Forces but it sucked, there was 2 whole squads waiting for the chopper to respawn while the other squads were getting massacred, plus i wasted a lot of time trying to make the squads flank the enemy flags since they wouldn't proceed as ordered and rather attack the Rambo way.
                |TG-Irr| Argentinedude

sigpic

Comment

That's what the infractions SOP is for, Argentine. SLs not following orders are breaking the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                    Indeed. Get a CO, and relay messages through them.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Argentinedude View Post
                      I'm sick of playing Commander... i was playing Operation Ghost Train today and i was Commander of the British Armed Forces but it sucked, there was 2 whole squads waiting for the chopper to respawn while the other squads were getting massacred, plus i wasted a lot of time trying to make the squads flank the enemy flags since they wouldn't proceed as ordered and rather attack the Rambo way.

Since I've commanded a few times (I'm terrible at actually attacking) I can tell you this. If an SL refuses, either verbally or by action, to follow your orders then that is a w/k/b offense. A lot of the time an SL doesn't realize that you can see the entire battlefield and you know where they should be and where they shouldn't. Let them know that by not following your orders they may be kicked.

A commander is an asset to be appreciated not questioned.

HTH.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X