Proposal: Round planning time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal: Round planning time

I'm not sure if this can be scripted but what would be really good for us would be this:

Have longer times in general before the game starts so that SLs can rename their squads as appropriate, assign kits, discuss spawn tactics, etc.

If a CO steps up, add more time to the pregame timer so that the CO and SLs can set up protocol and a start tactics.

What kills me is the beginning mad scramble where everyone is running around like crackhos looking for their next fix. I know, you could use the first few minutes of in-game time to organize, but that won't work well because:
    1) You're gonna spend extra time telling your men NOT to move and spend time dealing with those that don't listen and
    2) If the other team doesn't plan or use time to plan before moving out, they will start the game with a huge advantage of being first to mobilize leaving the team that takes time to play TG style suffering rather than rewarded.

That's why I'm crossing my fingers because this would help our server 10 fold and promote TG style of play.

(please be possible please be possible please be possible)

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
    - Wulfyn

Re: Proposal: Round planning time

I agree 1000% ... on so many maps, the initial roll-out for US is critical, and even an extra 60 seconds would really help

Comment

I was thinking like 2 minutes with no CO and an additional minute or 2 with CO or something along those lines. When a map takes an hour to play out it's just a drop in the bucket anyway.

"The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
      - Wulfyn

Comment

default is 90 seconds.

my initial proposal to the dev team was 120 seconds but that was deemed too long.

i agree longer planning phase makes for more interesting games. i wouldnt be against a 3-4 minute planning phase and would find it refreshing (especially when a CO is present)

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
          default is 90 seconds.

my initial proposal to the dev team was 120 seconds but that was deemed too long.

i agree longer planning phase makes for more interesting games. i wouldnt be against a 3-4 minute planning phase and would find it refreshing (especially when a CO is present)
          Please lobby some more.

By the time my game loads up i have around 30 seconds.

seeing how TG has a lot of Europe players, sometimes they load up after the game starts. NOOO.

3-4 min would allow everyone to be ready at least.

During that time, the squads can be restructured and renamed to fit the map.

CO and SL to talk about special kits and assest managment.

People could hop up and go do something. I would love to stretch may legs myself.

Again, we would not be setting there staring at a timer for 2 mins after the map loads, we would be doing things that would make the map managed a whole lot better. Why I play on TG.
          (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
          (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
          (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
          Squad Leader pledge to their team:
          Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Maybe add 30 seconds to begin with.
            |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

well good job rick you convinced egg to change it :)

Comment

default is 90 seconds.

Well we all know that is currently just loading time instead of planning time. The problem is that you have servers that have multiple rounds. Without any loading, that planning phase would become pretty long.

Am I correct that the times for the delay at the first round of a map is inseparable from the delay that goes between rounds? If so that is a pity and EA *****.

Imagine having a CO BEFORE the round starts! Imagine actually planning an attack and to have speciality squads whose vehicles aren't stolen by a random player.

Comment

well good job rick you convinced egg to change it :)
                  All right, screw you Jack Abramoff, I am a good lobbyist after all.

Granted, life time I am now 1-24.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Abramoff
                  (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                  (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                  (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                  Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                  Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

This happens frequently on the TG CSS server, that has a planning time (most server just start at start beginning real fast). A new guest will join the server, "Man what the hell is with this timer?" Not only does it give us time to plan, it also gives us a chance to direct these guests that make it so very obvious that they are new here to visit the forums and give them a quick breakdown of how we play on the CSS server.

I'm no programmer or scripter but as a tactical server so I'm not sure what we can do but we really should have an extended time to plan before the man and to introduce guests to our basic concepts.

- Wulfyn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X