Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Tactic Clinic

Howdy TG community.

I've been playing PR for a little over a month now, so I'd say that I still am fairly new to it. What I'm not new to is squad tactic in both FPS games and real life squad tactic. Though I have no formal RL experience in this area, warfare, and military tactic are something I've spent a better bart of my life a student of. For those of you have been in a squad with me before, I would like to think that my tactical knowledge has left somewhat of an imprint in your memory...a good one anyway.

To the point...while I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this question, I would like to ask the TG community if I would be able to host a Squad tactic clinic sometime. I would like to think that "formal" training would promote an overall better public server experience for all who partake in this clinic.

Thank you for your attention to this post
    -Blitzer66

Re: Squad Tactic Clinic

Its always a good idea to train on tactics. As a former member of the 10th mountain with a tour in Afghanistan under my belt, you can never train in tactics enough. Blitzer, if I can be of help in any way please let me know. PS I also have a major in History with a minor in military history (focus on early 19th century).

Comment

Hey Blitzer! Glad you found the forums! It's always good squadding up with you in-game...

Take some time to poke around here, as there's a LOT to take in! In particular, I'd recommend you checkout these three forums:

1) Rules and Standard Operating Procedures - The SOPs cover a lot of intra-squad tactics.. some are a bit out-dated and slightly impractical, but they are still rock-solid if you look at the big picture purpose of each.

2) BF2 Tactics and Missions forum - This has more high-level info... not necessarily fireteam-level tactics.

3) TGU - I think you (and Crombo) could really make a big impact getting some PR trainings up and running!

Comment

but yeah, just gettin community members involved is always kind of cool. get the people that want to learn etc etc. Too bad TGU is momentarily suspended /cry

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzer66 View Post
          but yeah, just gettin community members involved is always kind of cool. get the people that want to learn etc etc. Too bad TGU is momentarily suspended /cry
          Get a hold of eGoatBoy or Sam Hoy. I'm sure there is an upcoming Irregulars practice. The practices cover many topics and guest DIs are always welcome.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Howdy TG community.

I've been playing PR for a little over a month now, so I'd say that I still am fairly new to it. What I'm not new to is squad tactic in both FPS games and real life squad tactic. Though I have no formal RL experience in this area, warfare, and military tactic are something I've spent a better bart of my life a student of. For those of you have been in a squad with me before, I would like to think that my tactical knowledge has left somewhat of an imprint in your memory...a good one anyway.

Thank you for your attention to this post
            -Blitzer66
            !I noticed you were more of a thinking SL. Nice playing with you.

Comment

I can vouch for Blitzer's tactical aptitude, its been great fun working with someone who is pushing for a more realistic way of positioning squads vs. simply running at the flag.

Oh, and, welcome to TG Blitzer. You're a pretty goood commander as well.
              Do or do not, there is no try....
              -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

It sounds like you are very like minded with my inhouse squad, the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon, and I think you even served in one of my squads recently. Check out the link in my sig to the wiki about the 1st. I think you'd enjoy playing a round or three with one of our full 1st MIP squads. We employ real life small unit tactics and operate using small fire teams. Just recently we've started to explore operating two squads simultaneously via teamspeak...12 members bringing lots of organized force to bear is quite a site.

Anyhow...welcome to TG and don't hesitate to ask for a spot in one of the 1st squads or one of my own.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

It would be fantastic if you two would like to run / help run a few lessons regarding PRM. I took TGU down for a few weeks because we are looking to expand to other games. Post up your lesson plans / ideas in the TGU forum and the instructors will help you out.

Comment

Blitzer's a quality squadleader, I tag along all the time. Knows the maps well enough to make some good maneuvers, and keeps the squad well-organized (he uses that two fireteam system as well) and balanced without micromanaging people. I find a lot of squad leaders try to go overboard with what they might think are "tactics" and end up not affecting the game at all. If you're in his squad you guys will have an effect.

Comment

thanks for the positive info. I guess i can come up with some sort of lesson plan, it will be my first test as a, newly decided, education major :D.

Comment

Originally posted by Crombo View Post
                        Its always a good idea to train on tactics. As a former member of the 10th mountain with a tour in Afghanistan under my belt, you can never train in tactics enough. Blitzer, if I can be of help in any way please let me know. PS I also have a major in History with a minor in military history (focus on early 19th century).
                        cr0mb0's the real deal as well. Seeing a lot of sim oriented players popping up in this thread. As Grunt mentioned, 1stMIP currently bounces between PRM and ArmA. We attempt to play in a disciplined, coordinated fashion using real world tactics. Here are some good links put together by Magnum50:

Meet the Squad
                        Formations
                        Movement

Also some good reading over at 1stMIP HQ, particularly the 1stMIP handbook put together by our platoon leader and founder, JohnC.

Comment

We'd love to see more training and education. First bet would be to work with Acid and try to get something sync'd up with TGU. If that doesn't work, contact me and we'll see what we can work out.
                          |TG-12th| asch
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crombo View Post
                            You just come back in Feb? My father just came back from Afghanistan himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
                              Get a hold of eGoatBoy or Sam Hoy. I'm sure there is an upcoming Irregulars practice. The practices cover many topics and guest DIs are always welcome.

DB
                              Hey Crombo / Blitzer...as DB says the Irregs would love to have a guest Drill Instructor come on out. A PR practice is inevitable, and I'd be interested in working with you guys (btw, I'm the training Officer for the Irregs squad).

Irregulars practices are open to anybody at TG, and we have worked with the TGU folks as well. It's not uncommon for an Irregs practice to pull in a dozen or so attendees.

Anyway...I'll PM ya!

...I guess i can come up with some sort of lesson plan, it will be my first test as a, newly decided, education major :D.
                              A sample of the sorts of things we've done:
                              Squad basics
                              Room clearing
                              Helo practice...AAR starts about page 3

Originally posted by asch View Post
                              We'd love to see more training and education. First bet would be to work with Acid and try to get something sync'd up with TGU. If that doesn't work, contact me and we'll see what we can work out.
                              ...count the Irregs in to help as needed Asch!

Cheers,

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
                              if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X