Taking a few maps out of the cycle.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a few maps out of the cycle.

I would like to propose a few maps getting taken out of the cycle.

Hills of Ham... - Right now it's easy to exploit this map as the UK I won't post any of those exploits because I'm sure peopel know about it.

Mullet - If the base raping is really as bad as I hear it is, it should probably be taken out as well.

Muttrah - I personally haven't played this one, but I hear horror stories.

Operation Compton - Not even sure if it's in the cycle, but it has some really bad lag issues

Operation Pheonix - It's a good map, but I never see it progress past the first two bases. I actually don't want to see this gone, I have fun as US even though it's a horrible uphill battle.

Post maps which you would like to see gone (until .6) or talk about why you want them to stay, maybe there are some maps we could all agree on that don't quite fit in.

Re: Taking a few maps out of the cycle.

I just played Hills of Ham on the PLA side and we locked it down pretty good. Complete shutout actually. UK didn't have a chance.
    | | |

Comment

I think the problem with these maps is that they need to have a good commander and good SLs on the attacking side. We need to have the attacking side as the strongest team with the best players on these maps or they are pointless and an excersise in frustration.

The super deadly chinese weapons does not help. Last nights 3 games between 9 and 11 was just sad to see on a TG server. I really hope that games like that does not happen often. We either remove maps or hope for some serious soul searching by the player on the winning side. If this is how TG games will play we most likely will loose all potential teamplayers on one side due to frustration.

So in short before these maps are balanced and PR is more balanced I think TG needs to remove some of these maps in the intrest of keeping a TG style of play.
      |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

Steel Thunder should be removed until the flags bug is fixed, and Operation Compton is laggy as hell.
        |TG-Irr| Argentinedude

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RedBane View Post
          The super deadly chinese weapons does not help. Last nights 3 games between 9 and 11 was just sad to see on a TG server. I really hope that games like that does not happen often. We either remove maps or hope for some serious soul searching by the player on the winning side. If this is how TG games will play we most likely will loose all potential teamplayers on one side due to frustration.
          I was on the PLA side during that time. Honestly, I kinda thought it was nice to see the PLA win where they've normally lost when I've been playing on the same map. Ultimately, I don't think it's a map problem at all...we had our A-Game on for sure. The teamwork was great. The Ladies Squad really locked it down for sure.
          | | |

Comment

The games was very one sided and would warrant a re-balance of the teams which did not happen, which resulted in a lot of frustration for the loosing team.

As TG players we need to be more concerned about this on our servers as we need to promote a balanced game play not just winning.
            |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

Yeah, I agree it was one sided. On the PLA side of things I only saw one TG squad, which I joined. Looking over at the UK side I thought I saw a squad of you 33rd guys. Things looked balanced at first, but that round was a total shut out. Things weren't much different on the next map either.
              | | |

Comment

just some food for thought, an opinion:

Greasy Mullet - too easy to baserape, too much hardware on the size of the map, too little viewdistance for true large scale battles.

Muttrah - old map, is going to be remade (to be MUCH larger and more realistic). Currently it feels like your playing inside a little box, nuff said.

Airport - Just feels too much like spammy deathmatch. Map is not very well designed and too small @ 62.

Compton - lags like hell, not that greatly designed, too small.

Fallujah - not that great gameplay, too 'forced', not much room for flanking. sandstorm effect is clientside meaning one player sees dust and the other might see open terrain. terrain is not realistic AT ALL, feels like playing on planet mars.

phoenix - too small, gameplay too limited, town is not very realistic.

now on to defend nikovs map:

Hills of Hamgyong - the exploit is you can blow up EVERY PLA rallypoint. However, they spawn back in 3 minutes anyways, so its not that effective strategy unless you time it extremely well and coordinate with other squads, which is not a problem IMO. I think its balanced now, both sides have equal opportunity to win, as long as PLA are organised at the start. and keep the bleed on the british for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                  Fallujah - sandstorm effect is clientside meaning one player sees dust and the other might see open terrain.
                  I was wondering about this...As It seemed that everytime I died, I was shot by someone that was invisible to me. I just though that people had "hacked" their client files to get rid of the sandstorm effect. It's good to know that there are not as many cheaters playing this map as I thought there were.

Comment

Ah good post fuzz. I thought the PLA spawn points were on a 10 minute timer not a 3 minute.

Also I find it funny that people are saying the chinese weapons are too deadly! That's the first time I've heard that, most people don't seem to like the QBZs I thought I was the only one that liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Argentinedude View Post
                      Steel Thunder should be removed until the flags bug is fixed, and Operation Compton is laggy as hell.
                      Yeah leave Steel Thunder out. The flag messages are all out of whack.

Comment

Originally posted by Dali View Post
                        I was wondering about this...As It seemed that everytime I died, I was shot by someone that was invisible to me. I just though that people had "hacked" their client files to get rid of the sandstorm effect. It's good to know that there are not as many cheaters playing this map as I thought there were.
                        YES! i was on a rooftop and was getting constant fire from a .50 cal, i saw the tracers but i could not see the humvee/gunner, still he knew where i was because he was very accurate, it wasn't random.
                        |TG-Irr| Argentinedude

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RedBane View Post
                          Last nights 3 games between 9 and 11 was just sad to see on a TG server. I really hope that games like that does not happen often.
                          Brother, you ain't kiddin'! I was there for most of those (Phoenix, especially) and it was a slaughter. As I mentioned in another post, I still had fun because we were organized, but Phoenix seemed like the Chinese had waaaaay too much artillery. It was fun for awhile trying to take the hilltops, we almost kept them, but out of nowhere (or about 20 seconds after a previous barrage), artillery would kill 15 or 20 of us.

I'm not the kind of guy to accuse anyone of cheating, ever, but something weird was going on last night. Then again, I usually play "Axis" anyway, so I'm used to being PLA.

I'd like to see some new maps from the PR crew, though, that's for sure.

-=Эл Кейси=-
                          За Родину!

Comment

All maps stated above can be won by both sides.

Hills of Ham... - Some really good fighting goes on there. The UK needs to be fast at round start and be able to capture at least one of the 3 front flags. If they do it, they will have a place to deploy from other than main base, and taking the rest of the outpost is easier, with some nice hill fights. Definetely a good map.

Mullet - Base raping sucks, but it happens. Base raping means no jets flying, but the map is still playeable. And I found out recently that killing base rapers is pretty good. Also, one night I was playing, US base raped us the entire round. Know where they ended up? With no flags. It was the first time I saw this happen in PR, a team loosing because it's out of flags.

Muttrah - This is a really hairy one, but there is a topic discussing a pretty good way to win it, and it's doable if you ask me. All we need is 2 or 3 coordinated full squads, and we can make US win.

Operation Compton - Played it once, for like 3 mins cuz I had to leave. But lag issues seems to be related to your PC other than the server. People complained about Al Basrah a lot! However, I never lagged playing there. Just get your settings to low and you should be fine.

Operation Phoenix - It's a good map, you're right. But again, we need the US team to attack fast and be able to grab either train or suburbs FAST. This can be done easily with APC support. Once one of those flags are capped, US team has one place to deploy and grab other flags. On this map also it is important to take out enemy fixed rally points.

For me, the team who always wins are the ones that actually place rallypoints.
                            |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

I remember playing last night on al bassrha (<spelling?) an i was just frustrated that the entire team couldnt get coordinated. The squad i was in did extremely well compared to other squads but the way i just felt playing that map last night made me WANT to go to bed. Im not saying take this map out but im just saying that we need to get better known with it.
                              AKA
                              USMCSierraJuan
                              Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed