password tonight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• password tonight?

I'm just trying to find out if we're doing password night again tonight. The reviews from Sunday were a little mixed what with the server going down and all.

Thanks.

Re: password tonight?

The server will be passworded tonight. Sunday was a good event, it just got started a little later than expected.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Whats the process of going public to live? Is it s server restart? If you are in the server do you leave and come back? How will it go?

Comment

Originally posted by Colfax View Post
        Whats the process of going public to live? Is it s server restart? If you are in the server do you leave and come back? How will it go?
        I'm not completely sure I understand what you're asking. If it's about how we switch to a password server, then.... we stop the PR server, usually between rounds. Then we'll apply the password (available in the forums) and then restart the server. Anyone with the password can join right back into the game.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

You answered my question.

I miss typed and just realised it. i meant public to private not public to live.

wasn't sure if you can turn the pw on while the game was going. Assumed not but i have never ran a BF2 type server only steam servers.

thx

Comment

Originally posted by Colfax View Post
            You answered my question.

I miss typed and just realised it. i meant public to private not public to live.

wasn't sure if you can turn the pw on while the game was going. Assumed not but i have never ran a BF2 type server only steam servers.

thx
            You could, but it would only apply to the new players that join (defeating the purpose of PW night).

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

That is not correct. You can only place a PW on a stopped server.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                That is not correct. You can only place a PW on a stopped server.
                I stand corrected.:icon15:
                «Cannot change sv.setPassword while running.»

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Where do we get the password for the server?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
                    Where do we get the password for the server?
                    Sticky: Project Reality Password Nights Are Coming!
                    |TG-12th| asch
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow, I read over that whole thread twice and never noticed... thanks

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X