Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1stMIPS, et al...

Wow.

It's 3am here, just finished an hour or so long round on the TG PR server - my first *real* game with TG guys, and my first *ever* game with the PR mod, which I downloaded today.

First off, thanks to E-Male and the rest of the 1st MIPS guys I played with, and the rest who were in the squad, sorry I can't recall all the nicks, but it's late... ;) There was some brilliant leadership and teamwork (minus E-Male wandering all over the battlefield at the end with a wonky keyboard!), if this is the usual standard on the TG PR Mod server, then I'm f***ing delighted, 'cos it's exactly what I was looking for. Everyone on the server played a blinder, it was an epic round!

Secondly, hats off to the PR mod guys - it's incredible - I thought PoE was good, but PR just fits my gameplay style perfectly.

Thanks to all, and I'll be back when I can, I'm totally looking forward to another round, here's hoping they're all the same high-quality!

7ShadesOSin
    7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
    And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
    - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Re: 1stMIPS, et al...

Welcome to the party!! The gameplay on our server is typically high, but during password nights it's exceptionally elevated.

Glad you like what we've done with the place! Don't let E-male tell you it's a malfunctioning keyboard that makes him go errant; he's probably hitting the hooch again...

Comment

Welcome to the party!! The gameplay on our server is typically high, but during password nights it's exceptionally elevated.
      Nice one, I'll be looking out for those!

Don't let E-male tell you it's a malfunctioning keyboard that makes him go errant; he's probably hitting the hooch again...
      Yeah, well, I didn't like to say, but I did wonder... ;)

lol

7Shades
      7Shades

Comment

Ha, I joined that squad late in the round, but still had a blast with Emale's "malfunctioning keyboard." That was fun trying to attack processing facility. Glad you got a taste of the goods here.

Comment

Hey jmaker, good playing with you!

A few hairy moments around processing, lol, what with enemy APC's and a couple of choppers buzzing about...I jumped in as medic, but a couple of times, wished I'd loaded up on AT. ;)

7Shades

PS - Are most maps that drawn out in PR? I really loved the fact that it was so long, really gives you a chance to slow down and be more tactical, it's a lot more like a realistic attack, being able to co-ordinate squads, fire teams, et al. Obviously, the quiet moments aren't always that fun, but even then, I love being able to hide in the long grass while an enemy car/chopper goes by totally unoblivious!
          7Shades

Comment

I also would like to compliment the server. I have been viewing the forums for the past couple weeks and playing on your guys server for about a month or so now since i dl'ed PR and it is the only server i will play on. It is getting increasingly hard though to get on because its full all the time.

I also would like to thank |TG-1stMIP|Coridon for running a great squad last night. I enjoyed thoroughly playing with you as the SL. I do apologize for disappearing though during Q. River. I got removed for a supporting member after we had just left defending Gov't offices and were setting up a defense perimeter at estate. I tried to say something as i was getting kicked but couldn't. After that the server was full and i couldn't get back in and my wife wanted to watch a movie.
            I get removed like every night i play for some reason (and im not joking) I just use it as well i guess i should stop playing now b/c its too hard to get back in after that. It is random right? If it is the system must hate me.
            Other then that i love the server.

Comment

Yeah...that's the one problem with the PR server...The standard of play is so good, playing on other servers is a waste of time. I found that happened within a week of playing PoE - chasing people round a server trying to get teamwork going is horrid, and very rarely pays off. It's one of the reasons I hardly play SWAT4 these days - I used to play loads with one group of seriously tactical guys, but the server was always full - going to another server was just a waste of time.

Is the answer to become a supporting member? Presumably you aren't guaranteed a slot even if you are...what happens if another supporting member wants in?

*If* this is a regular occurence, and *if* enough people were interested (non-supporting members), would the admins be interested in hosting another server? Obviously the cost would be covered by non-supporting members (or even supporting members if they wanted to!)...

7Shades
              7Shades

Comment

You will not get kicked when you are a supporting member. If the server is packed with SMs the last SM who wishes to join simply won't be able to. The way it is now I believe you are pretty much guaranteed a slot all day/evening as a SM in PRMM.
                --
                VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by dsteel0 View Post
                  Yeah...that's the one problem with the PR server...The standard of play is so good, playing on other servers is a waste of time. I found that happened within a week of playing PoE - chasing people round a server trying to get teamwork going is horrid, and very rarely pays off. It's one of the reasons I hardly play SWAT4 these days - I used to play loads with one group of seriously tactical guys, but the server was always full - going to another server was just a waste of time.

Is the answer to become a supporting member? Presumably you aren't guaranteed a slot even if you are...what happens if another supporting member wants in?

*If* this is a regular occurence, and *if* enough people were interested (non-supporting members), would the admins be interested in hosting another server? Obviously the cost would be covered by non-supporting members (or even supporting members if they wanted to!)...

7Shades
                  Greetings. Sadly, the TG PR server is still no way close to 1/2 supporting members on it.
                  Many supporting members are playing PoE2 and 2142.

Check out this website to moniter the differnt TG servers and see for your sefl:http://www.tacticalgamer.com/cmsinde...age=serverlist

However, each week, more and more SM show up. BTW, once you become a supporting member and put your 8 digit BF2 account number into your profile, no more kicks for you. If the server is full of supporting members, I reckon you will not get kicked.

__
                  Anyway, the best way to support TG is to be a team player. The better teamplay on the PR server the more the ol TG vets will retire from PoE2 and 2142.

Playing the game with good sportsman ship is first, then putting down the dollar bills is second IMO.

__

I would wager, if the current PR server had 3/4 full of SM, then a second server would start. But like I said, TG is a long ways from that at the moment.
                  (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                  (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                  (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                  Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                  Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Greetings. Sadly, the TG PR server is still no way close to 1/2 supporting members on it.
                    Greetings. That surprises me, though I guess full servers don't = a server fulll of supporting members! Well, maybe you'll get one more fairly soon... ;)

Anyway, the best way to support TG is to be a team player. The better teamplay on the PR server the more the ol TG vets will retire from PoE2 and 2142.

Playing the game with good sportsman ship is first, then putting down the dollar bills is second IMO.
                    Amen to that. But, it's frustrating when you can't find a good server to play on, and the one you know will be good fun is full!

Actually, I think the TG server was full only for about an hour period last night, that I saw, anyway - when I came back to it, the numbers were back to around 58, so I jumped in, and managed to stay in until I left. So no real worries, I was just thinking out loud. ;)

Keep up the GREAT work!

7Shades
                    7Shades

Comment

I was in Emale's Squad last night...lots of fun. I had to go near the end and drive my son's friend home so I missed the end of the run...sounds like some shenanigans going on!!

That Qwai River map does usually play out long. I like that too. Some of the maps play shorter, like Helmand Province. After some epic battles it's nice to have a map that runs 30 -45 minutes.

The kick script automatically boots the player who's been on the longest. Try joining up again in 10 minutes or so and you just might get on again for a while.

Supporting members pay either monthly or annually. At the top of this page click members than TG Memberships and you'll have all the info you need. There are alot of other benefits like webspace and email that come through TG membership. I pay once annually at Christmas time. It's usually my wife's Christmas gift to me.

A pleasure to have you on board at TG Dsteel.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Yes that map took a long time, I think one reason was that we had a re-balance of the sides after the US was close to taking out the chinese. The chinese then staged a good comeback.

But the chinese still did not beat us even though we had tons of small squads on the US side for a while and then we started to loose organization at the end. And we had no CO. :)

On another note. I do think that the longer maps would be better on Sundays, it might be harded to have enough time for more than 1 or 2 maps on thrusday night for most people.
                        |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

Yeah, dont let Emale goof you on that "malfunctioning keyboard" bit. We all know the real truth behind it.

Glad you're enjoying the server to both of the new guys who posted. Being a supporting member really is the answer to not getting slotkicked. The only possible way you could be a SM and not get a slot is if theres already 64 SM's on the server, which could potentially happen, but not very likely. Once you've got SM, make sure to put your BF2 Player ID in your profile (click on the user CP link at the top of the forums) and wait for the next map to load. Then you'll be able to bump people out of a full server so you can get your playtime in.

Anywho, welcome to the community guys, hope to see you all around a lot more!

Comment

I would get SM but not sure my wife would be a big fan of it. Not long ago i was paying $20 a month to get a BF2 server up and running with my old clan and it ended up flopping and thats still in the back of her mind i'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Colfax View Post
                              I would get SM but not sure my wife would be a big fan of it. Not long ago i was paying $20 a month to get a BF2 server up and running with my old clan and it ended up flopping and thats still in the back of her mind i'm sure.
                              All you need to do is <...
                              censored
                              ...> and I'm sure she'll be ok with it.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                              - Wulfyn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X