X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality v0.6 Update

Searched and couldnt find anything on this/

Can someone post the url i can't yet. realitymod.com

Open for discussion on what you think of the new version coming out.

My first question is will you guys be able to still do the 90 sec squad up requirement with the new policy.

Re: Project Reality v0.6 Update

Taken from PR News

Originally posted by realitymod.com
    One thing we have made a decision on is that as of v0.6 the Project Reality team will not support any form of server side modding.
    I think they are referring to decreased spawn timers for players, assets and stuff like that which modifies how the mod plays.
    Forcing players to squad up is not a modification of the modification which is Project Reality - but a server side script (get it? :)

The squad script has been around since the first days of BF2 here at TG (i was not) and it's definitely here to stay (i am too).
    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by dawolf View Post
      Taken from PR News

I think they are referring to decreased spawn timers for players, assets and stuff like that which modifies how the mod plays.
      Forcing players to squad up is not a modification of the modification which is Project Reality - but a server side script (get it? :)

The squad script has been around since the first days of BF2 here at TG (i was not) and it's definitely here to stay (i am too).
      Was wondering about this myself I think you right but maybe we can get an admin on this?

Comment

I think the timer to join a squad should be default on PR... Force them lonies to blend in is something PR should do...
        |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

From what I understand that is directed at the short spawn time/FF-Off servers.
          Beatnik

Comment

I dont know much about the squad timer and its implementation alongside the main mod files, so I'll keep my nose out of that. However, I do have to say that the new armored vehicles look very cool, and the new maps look excellent from the screenshots that are posted on the PR website.

Comment

Would this include game start timer? It should be increased, but if they say we can't, that sucks.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
              - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJoe View Post
                Would this include game start timer? It should be increased, but if they say we can't, that sucks.
                Hopefully not. The announcement does say that "certain" server variables will still be in the hands of admins, but doesn't give any specifics.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Well quit forum-whoring and look into it! :row__523:

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                  "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                  - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJoe View Post
                    Well quit forum-whoring and look into it! :row__523:
                    You're suggesting that I......work? How wude. :)
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Yeah this is aimed at those servers trying to "Vanillafy" PR. TG, of course, is not in that camp. If anything, we're going the complete opposite direction with our modifications (long game start timer, force squad join script, etc.).
                      Beatnik

Comment

Your squad-script I think wont be affected by this update, because it promotes teamwork... I dont think it will become standard in PR but I think its a good choice for server admins.

WRT round start timer, not sure if this will be modifiable, but its currently being increased to 2 minutes. If you had your choice what would you set this to? For me I would say no more than 3 minutes. What do you all prefer?

Comment

2 minutes seems to be just about right. Especially given the shorter load times without the checksum thingermagig, it seems (to me) to be ample.
                          Beatnik

Comment

they put up pics of the challenger II im so excited :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X