No announcement yet.

Sunday Password event starting shortly!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Password event starting shortly!

Don't forget we have a Sunday password event starting at 3p Eastern.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Sunday Password event starting shortly!

Also, don't be surprised to see at least one major change on the server starting today! ;)
    Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
      Also, don't be surprised to see at least one major change on the server starting today! ;)
      New stuff! Whoo Hoo!

Don't forget that the Irregs will be swarming in force!
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

BAH! No one told me I needed change....

B
        "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

im downloading PRM as fast as I can, hopefully i can hop in for some gaming this evening.

Comment

Well, if wimp is going to do some swarming, I need more beer. I'll see you guys in a couple hours when I'm sufficiently tanked. Drunken medic to the rescue. :D

Comment

Kinda disappointing that no-one was CO'ing tonight. I think it definitely affected EJOD. The preceding map (annoying jungle one) was down to 3 or 4 tickets, but perhaps a Chinese CO could have given them a bigger win.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Hey, I commanded a round of Jabal Al Burj. Won with about ~150 tickets left, too.
                If you're the last man standing, you weren't trying hard enough.

Comment

Yeah I actually CO'd for most of EJOD. Our team did great. :) We do need more COs to step up on password nights though.
                  Beatnik

Comment

How long do these password "nights" last? I don't get home from work till like 8pm EST; sounds like all the good times are over.
                    |TG-6th|Belhade
                    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

No - it'll last until around 12 EST most nights. I'm actually signing on again right now.
                      Beatnik

Comment

I enjoyed it but i am out for tonight. Great job commanding you two.

Put your stories in the AAR thread.
                        former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Hey guys,

Made it in for Sunday night's password night, there were a few good games played, but like root says, I think we suffered from the lack of a CO. Our squad (root was SL at the time) was doing pretty well on its own, but lack of communication with the rest of the team meant we were pretty cut off.

Trying to convey this without voice is pretty hard, it seems.

Out of interest, can I ask why people generally don't seem to like CO'ing? For myself, I don't CO yet as I've only had PRM downloaded since last Thursday (the last password night), and having made all of the usual mistakes (killing people in choppers, etc), I'm thinking a bit more experience under my belt is a necessity! No offense intended here, but I heard a few of the guys complain there was no CO, yet seemed unwilling to step up to the task themselves - I'd be interested in hearing what the thinking is behind this. Even with my lack of experience, I tried my hand at SL'ing later on, since things were beginning to fall apart...which went ok, but I found it hard to keep things moving, and was making simple mistakes like forgetting the officers kit, and putting RP's down in bad places, just due to my lack of experience with the maps/mod. Again, a good CO would have helped me get things rolling...so it's a pity if people don't like doing it.

Thoughts?

7ShadesOSin

PS - To all those playing on the other team - apologies if it seemed like I was bitching about team-hopping later on - I actually meant *squad* hopping! Three times in a row I was left by my own in a squad cos people kept moving to other squads (admittedly, later on it was probably down to my shabby SL'ing ;)
                          7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
                          And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
                          - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Comment

Originally posted by dsteel0 View Post

Out of interest, can I ask why people generally don't seem to like CO'ing?

Thoughts?

7ShadesOSin
                            Hello dsteel

With vBF2 the CO needed not communicate or interact with the squads.

U.A.V.
                            Scanner
                            Arty

These thrings were enough to support the unit as they went all over the map killing and killing.

With .5 the CO is reduced to using arty if, and only if the SLs provide it.

Again, due to vBF2 SL and COs did not need to communicate, thus now the CO slot is a lonley position, because many players have not adapted to needing to communicate and getting the team organized in AAv2.

It is more fun and enjoyable to play in a squad.

____

However, this summer when .6 comes out the CO will see a whole new make up and design.

The team without it will have a serious disadvantage, just like in real life.
                            Plus, the CO will need to interact with the team more, to be more useful.

It should very interesting to see.

___

dsteel, I would focus on the fundamentals of the game and by the time you feel comfortable to command a platoon, you will have a new CO template in place.
                            (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                            (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                            (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                            Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                            Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

I have only CO'd a few times, but I know I faced two problems:
                              -Squad leaders who dont' communicate back. The last time I tried COing was on Greasy Mullet, and we(UK) were getting reamed. I went CO to help things out, but absolutely no feed back from any squad leaders. I even got two cases of squads refusing.(the "red" X) without any communciation. This had happened numerous times in vanilla of course. Actually, Root took over after I left, I am curious if he had more luck. This has put me off CO-ing for awhile.

-On the opposite spectrum, it is rather daunting when you are a fairly inexperienced CO and veteran players start asking for direction. Personally, this effect is doubled on a faceless medium.

It is far easier to CO in vanilla; if they dont communicate you can still help out the insolent little SOB with your CO tools, and you have no expectation of good SL-ing or communcation.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X