commander support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commander support

i was on 24/7 basra this afternoon, and luckily for me, had a commander who not only took the time to hunt spawn cars on his laptop, but continued to keep up with the current battle and deliver orders and intel to the other squads.
    CAS_117 was his name, and he utilized the a-10 squad to its fullest. i had the other pilot in my squad for about 40% of the game time, but he eventually went down to shoulder mounted aa, and left the server.

we also had one fully operational cobra squad and a blackhawk transport squad. insurgents lost with US at 360 points, in what i believe was somewhere a little over an hour long game.

photobucket.com/albums/t266/jsend0/bf2a-10pwn.jpg
    (copy paste, as i cant submit url's until 15 post)

the impact of a commander, without whom, the game would have been another tug of war, bogged down in the facility. i dl'd the battlerecorder, but i just found out that my friend lost his key to his fraps. hoped to make a little movie highlighting the squads and aircover. but anyhow...

dominated :) go commanders.
    -dy.21

Re: commander support

Excellent AAR. :icon14:

I'd love to have been there for that game. We seem to be lacking in quality CO's, and it really is affecting the US / UK side. When I CO, I usually end up having to do it round after round because no-one else will step up.

What's stopping other people from CO'ing? Lack of confidence? Too much information to assimilate? Apathy? There seems little feedback from members as to why they don't take command of the team.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I think people don't CO for a number of reasons that all have to do with the fact that the CO is job with little to no payoff. It's a lonely existence, and it carries a learning curve with it that can be repeated with every new map. Those two factors simply don't add up to an attractive option for most people.

It would be great if there were some kind of incentive - a special car to travel in or the ability to fly a hellfire-armed drone.

I do try and CO every once in a while, and always do if I find myself without a good squad, but I do find myself tired of the job after only one round.

Comment

I try to make it a practice to co once a night. My biggest problem is coing is boring. My greatest enjoyment from pr and bf games a whole comes from sling. Little more tacticaly involved.

Comment

I agree, COing can be boring at times.

Comment

I don't find CO'ing lonely. I have anything up to 9 other guys in my "squad", depending on how many SL's I have.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I don't mind the occasional lapse in action and resultant boredom from commanding, personally. Overall, I actually find commanding very interesting even in its stripped-down state in PR v0.5. What probably gets me the most is having to wrestle with the so-called "pubbies" (for lack of a better word). Lately, on non-PW nights it's gotten pretty bad. The server's often indistinguishable from any other, unfortunately. It's frustrating enough just being a squad member, let alone SL or CO.
              If you're the last man standing, you weren't trying hard enough.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X