Airport last night...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airport last night...

Was playing on the MEC side last night, around 9pm GMT, dropped into a map which had been running for a while, but the tickets weren't going down quickly...one question from all of this:

- How the hell did the UK team get up on the silos/hangars?! :icon_eek: Didn't see any way up myself, and we (the squad, along with the rest of the MEC side) got totally annihalated in the latter stages of the map, we couldn't move in any direction but we were getting sniped/strafed/mowed down from squads which were covering pretty much the entire map! The tickets started dropping like flies...! A job well done by the UK, but far too hard to retaliate when they are in such a good position - especially when all of the sniper kits had gone early...

We did try a couple of flanking manouvres, but just kept getting chopped down on the way to markers, even though we seemed to be giving ourselves plenty of distance.

Good job.

7ShadesOSin.
    7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
    And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
    - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Re: Airport last night...

Ah yeah, that was fun (I got 420 in score :D)

Were you a member of the Flanking squad ? :P (i was the leader) ^^

They might have piled supply crates on each other xD

Comment

No, I saw that and was going to join it, but saw another squad named VoiP (or similar) which I joined, as I'd been playing silent games all day and fancied some chatter - though mostly what I got was cursing, sighs, and general noises of frustration!

It *was* very frustrating, but fair play to the UK, a valid tactic - I don't see any reason the MEC side could not occupy the same positions and dominate in the same way, unless the entry points (I presume there are ladders, etc) are easier/quicker to reach for the UK side.

7ShadesOSin
      7Shades

Comment

I was on the british side and SL'd a squad that went for office and then we swung up north to their last flag. I dont know about getting up on rooftops but I do know that we took it to you guys pretty hard.

The key to airport(as it is with any map) is finding a goodspot for your rally.

Comment

Yeah, my squad (the aforementioned voip squad) was getting cut down from pretty much anywhere on the map. It was pretty ridiculous.

Comment

Yep, mingmong, I remember now - sorry, I'm not good with names. ;)

I could hear everyone was getting frustrated - I was trying to hang back as a medic too, so wasn't much help in the firefights. The trouble being, it was hard to resuss with shots raining down the way they were. We could have really done with one of the sniper/marksman kits on our squad to try and take out some of the rooftop monkeys!

7Shades
            7Shades

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse