Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helo lessons?

Hey all,

I don't know if I'm stupid (no need to answer that...) but I'm sure I saw a thread in here somewhere about helo lessons for PRM...but I'm having a spot of bother locating it.

Question being: Are there going to be more lessons soon? I'm having real difficulty making the transition from BF2 Choppers to PRM choppers - a different beast altogether.

At least twice I have been called out for being a "chopper nnnnnoooooooooooobbbbb!!!!1!!1!2", which didn't tickle me pink, to say the least. :icon11:

So, uh, sounds like I need to make an appearance, if there is going to be more of the above...

I really enjoy being (enjoyed being!) a transport pilot, and would love to do the job in PRM, but being able to get one off the ground is probably a prerequisite!

7ShadesOSin
    7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
    And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
    - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Re: Helo lessons?

keep an eye on the TGU forum. The 160th (and guest star eGoatboy?) will be running more basic helo modules in the near-ish future. We're also looking to devise an advanced module, that will be quite in-depth.

We've also taken onboard all the feedback that's come in from the original session, but privately and in the forum. We're already tweaking the basic module accordingly.

Originally posted by dsteel0
    At least twice I have been called out for being a "chopper nnnnnoooooooooooobbbbb!!!!1!!1!2"
    How many people have called you a chopper noob, and then demonstrated their ability to land in tight places?

BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

If you look in the top right of the forum page, there's a "Seach this Forum" link. Type "training" in there, and you'll get this page: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/search.php?searchid=557701

About half way down, you'll find the "TR Chopper training video" thread :icon14:

Comment

I have a helo question since the other topics are very old and i don't want to bump them. I fly with a joystick and my trigger and a couple other buttons are set for looking left/right/and down. I did not set these and i want to change them to my free look thinger(sry don't know the name of it) its a 360 thing. Where do i set these. I can't find them in controls.

And has any other joystick users noticed on your throttle controls the collective is not very sensitive? I have to go half throttle(on the joystick) some times to bring it up to 10% to 15% while hoovering and it reacts slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by Colfax View Post
          I have a helo question since the other topics are very old and i don't want to bump them. I fly with a joystick and my trigger and a couple other buttons are set for looking left/right/and down. I did not set these and i want to change them to my free look thinger(sry don't know the name of it) its a 360 thing. Where do i set these. I can't find them in controls.

And has any other joystick users noticed on your throttle controls the collective is not very sensitive? I have to go half throttle(on the joystick) some times to bring it up to 10% to 15% while hoovering and it reacts slowly.
          I don't think you can change those assignments without changing your primary and secondary fire buttons. I believe this is hard coded into the mod but I hope I am wrong.
          Retired 6th DB

Comment

Wow who was flying that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
              Wow who was flying that thing.
              We have to protect the identity of our pilots. Someone will be round to kill you for looking at the pic shortly.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                We have to protect the identity of our pilots. Someone will be round to kill you for looking at the pic shortly.
                *Warms up the cobra*

Comment

Thanks for all of the help guys - I'll keep an eye out for lessons in the future.

Whiskey - thanks for that, I'd tried to find it manually. The search didn't work last time I tried it, but I've just realised you need to be signed in. Doh!

Root: Good point, but that doesn't make me feel like any less of an ass when there's 5 people jumping out of an upside-down chopper! ;P

Uh...and I didn't look at that pic, so I can't possibly comment about how tight a space it is he's in - so there's no need to "send the boys round". Honest Guv'.

7ShadesoSin
                  7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
                  And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
                  - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Comment

Originally posted by dsteel0 View Post
                    Root: Good point, but that doesn't make me feel like any less of an ass when there's 5 people jumping out of an upside-down chopper! ;P
                    Sure it makes you feel less of an ass. You're being criticised by people who probably can't do any better. Keep trying. Also, spend some time in single-player practicing, or find an empty server with an air map.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                      *Warms up the cobra*
                      *remembers last time he saw John in a helo (crashing into a riverbank as he came to pick me up)

I don't think you've got anything to worry about Root _

Comment

Yeah I seem to get random disconnets all the time. This is why im keepin my but on the ground.

Comment

Yea, I have noticed the thing about the collective not being sensitive. I too tried to use my HOTAS but had to push to about 25% before the dang thing even registered. Granted, it "felt" cool to be using a HOTAS and flying around but I could do better with the keys.

I use a joystick and keyboard for inputs. This is more accurate for me in terms of throttle input and also a faster transition back to ground pounding.

One free tip: Wait for the rotors to "chop" (the sound they make) before trying to lift off. This will definitely help your odds of not flipping over.

Definitely keep an eye out for the upcoming TGU basic helo module.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

I have no issues flying the BH, it is the damn little bird with the seats on it that give me a fit. I fly with keyboard and mouse, when I just start getting the engines warmed up, the thing either starts walking forward or ends up going in the air and flipping. BUT it only does this when someone is on the side of the helo, does the game actually compensate for the difference in weight on these helo's?

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                              I have no issues flying the BH, it is the damn little bird with the seats on it that give me a fit. I fly with keyboard and mouse, when I just start getting the engines warmed up, the thing either starts walking forward or ends up going in the air and flipping. BUT it only does this when someone is on the side of the helo, does the game actually compensate for the difference in weight on these helo's?
                              You know I sometimes wonder this myself. Blonov jumps in and I swear I just can't gain altitude worth crap! I have to tell him to shift to the other side so as to even the load. LOL!

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X