Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flamed because I couldn't give my gunner a target?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flamed because I couldn't give my gunner a target?

Im getting so confused when my gunner was yelling "why didnt you line me up for that tank" or "what the hell, couldnt you see that apc?" I don't think they understand that I can't see through the head of the gunner infront of me. If the armor was spotted, then in that case I would take the blame. Another thing that bugs me is when he starts flaming me for circling a target because he cant missile a target that he hasnt even told me about until it's too late. How can they expect me to stand nice and still for him to hit the armor when were taking fire?

I seriously need to figure out how to help my gunner out more. As my gunner just recently said "I need to find a more competent pilots". I made this post after the recent experience. Help me out please, not exactly sure what more I could do

Re: Flamed because I couldn't give my gunner a target?

First, I wouldnt worry about it. The gunner in any vehicle capable of taking out a tank has excellent range of motion and is therefore responsible for making his own shots. Of course, you do play a role by not driving behind buildings or other mammoth obstructions so the enemy is completely out of sight, but thats obvious.

Now, since in the end you were talking about being a pilot, I assume you were in one of the attack helos. Any gunner worth a salt knows that you dont have to be perfectly lined up to fire off anti-armor rounds since they lock on anyway. If he was going after the tank/apc with straight guns, then it was going to take you a while anyway.

We encourage teamwork around here and not flaming. You approached the situation perfectly. If someone starts flaming you like that, you can do one of two things: take down the person's name and notify an admin here via private message that you're being harassed so that we can watch out for this person in the future, or just ignore it and play on to the best of your ability.

I'm not the best pilot either, but I wouldnt take that. I, myself, would employ the third reasonable option, which is to take the aircraft back to the base LZ and just land...and sit there...and sit there. eventually he'd get bored and leave or get out, then perhaps I could get a more team-oriented gunner in the chair.

You did good eahata.

Comment

It's all in the communication. If you and your gunner are not talking, things are not going to go well. Tell him his head is in the way of your view, let em know you don't see all of what he sees.

That said, being a pilot in the attack chopper is not as simple as flying. You need to fly with your gunner in mind. The attack chopper is all about the gun. The hydras are good and I make use of them while flying, but piloting should be all about lining him up with shots -- most of which should not have you flying on top of your targets. He's got 2x zoom, keep some stand off distance.

'I need to find a more competent pilots'

That line sounds familiar though... heard it in an air sqd earlier today.

If this is the same event, I can tell you that the gunner already had a pilot, until you showed up and took the seat. I think he was frustrated over losing a pilot he worked well with.
      |TG|Switch

Better known as:
      That noob who crashed the chopper.
      That noob who ran over the mine.
      That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
      That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Regardless of anything, this is a game. You are supposed to have fun, without cursing out your teammates, ranking on them, calling em 4 lettered word etc.. If you find yourself in an abusive situation you can do 3 things, tell him to chill and remember its a game, ignore him, or make note and pm an admin if the abuse is serious enough. I have personally bumped into quite a few abusive ppl, normally they are abusing someone else and I usually stand up and tell them to settle down or I can find someone to put them in timeout. That usually works.

The other day some ham-n-egger in my squad decides to put some slams (I think) in a building our defense marker was on, (note we had cleared out all hostiles and were digging in defensively) it was a brown(I think) building in color, and being color blind I didn't see the red markers. Then on voip he yells "don't go near there its gonna blow!" Obviously I had no idea who he was talking too, the area I was in was completely devoid of enemies, 2 seconds after his warning I am tk'd. he shouts over VOIP "I guess some in this squad can't speak english!". So I quickly corrected him that I did not know where "there" was or why it was going to blow. I asked him what kind of tactics he was using in blowing up a building with our defense marker on it where no enemies were even remotely in the vicinity. He says are you blind, didnt you see the skull and crossbones. Newp, I am colorblind. A long pause then. Why the *&^% are you playing this game if you are colorblind, what a god*&^% waste of a spot on the server. I asked him why colorblind ppl couldnt play the game, he just laughed and told me I was a waste of a slot.

I ignored him, finished the round, then logged out to blow off some steam.

People need to just relax, have fun and follow orders. The game is surprisingly fun...and this is supposed to be a stress reliever not a stress inducer.
        sigpic

Comment

Tell him he needs to help you help him. Try and have your gunner spot the enemy so you can see it on your radar.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

We encourage teamwork around here and not flaming. You approached the situation perfectly. If someone starts flaming you like that, you can do one of two things: take down the person's name and notify an admin here via private message that you're being harassed so that we can watch out for this person in the future, or just ignore it and play on to the best of your ability.

I'm not the best pilot either, but I wouldnt take that. I, myself, would employ the third reasonable option, which is to take the aircraft back to the base LZ and just land...and sit there...and sit there. eventually he'd get bored and leave or get out, then perhaps I could get a more team-oriented gunner in the chair.
            Fourth option...bail out and let him handle the chopper himself.
            "You think I'm a lousy pilot? Fine, I'm leaving."
            |TG-6th|Belhade
            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

@ meddler...you are welcome in any of my squads anytime.

sounds like your spec op guy was acting on his own initiative and didn't give the proper comms when he was placing his explosives. Shouldn't it be "...squadleader, permission to destroy building, over...." That would've gotten your attention I'm sure.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I think of the A-bird like this:

The pilot is the gunsight, his job is to line up the gunner for shots, and keep the bird alive.

The gunner is the trigger-finger. (no, not that finger!)

The troops on the ground aim's the bird in the direction where bad guy's are. If they aren't marking targets, allowing for TV missles from out of visual range, nothing else matters.

All things considered, troops on the ground make or break the effectiveness of the A-bird. If they aren't painting targets, and staying in cover so when the bird makes a pass the bird can kill anything that move's, your effectiveness in the A-bird is cut by at least half.

Comment

One of the foundation pillars that TG is founded upon is respect. That is courtesy when adressing fellow players on the battlefield. Being yelled upon and riddculed when performing your duty to the best of intentions is not acceptable. Most regular TG members knows this and will act accordingly.

TG is not about being the best player out there, not that we mind good players, but it takes a lot more than that to be good TG material. It takes decency, dedication and acceptance for mistakes as long as you are ready to learn from them.

That being said install teamspeak and notify an admin that you feel harassed. We will take action based on that.

And by the way, welcome. Do remember to check out the stickies on top of the forumlist here.
                  --
                  VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...