Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

    Any one use the Cyborg Evo joystick. No matter what I do, I end up getting out of control. I have tried deadzones, sensitivity and yar/pitch factor but nothing seems to make a great difference.

    I start out okay, but as soon as I drift one way or another off level, my attempts at correcting usually casade into a spectaular way of giving a helo a bath. This (hopefully) is related to below.

    The other issue is that sometimes, no matter what my settings read Options->Controllers->Helicopter says, my primary fire trigger becomes look left, and my other buttons on the top of my joystick all become different angles to look around. Even when I reset the controlls, and reconfig, it won't go away. I have to experiment some more, but I do not think this happens in Vanilla BF2.

    HELP...I want to pilot.

  • #2
    Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

    Originally posted by Donagel View Post
    Any one use the Cyborg Evo joystick. No matter what I do, I end up getting out of control. I have tried deadzones, sensitivity and yar/pitch factor but nothing seems to make a great difference.

    I start out okay, but as soon as I drift one way or another off level, my attempts at correcting usually casade into a spectaular way of giving a helo a bath. This (hopefully) is related to below.

    The other issue is that sometimes, no matter what my settings read Options->Controllers->Helicopter says, my primary fire trigger becomes look left, and my other buttons on the top of my joystick all become different angles to look around. Even when I reset the controlls, and reconfig, it won't go away. I have to experiment some more, but I do not think this happens in Vanilla BF2.

    HELP...I want to pilot.
    Yeah I can't fly with my joy stick either. Use the mouse with sens/pitch/yaw all maxed.

    As for the buttons thats becuase on some choppers like the transport LB and the BH primary and secondary fire are left and right looked becuase those choppers lack pilot controlled weapons.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

      I have the same problem with my X45. I found that the problem is with the way that the stick is designed. There is one HUGE spring at the base of the stick that pushed a cone shaped piece of plastic into another cone at the bottom of the controller. It works well and is very cheap to make I am sure. The downside is that it takes a considerable amount of force to move the stick off of center. After it is away from center then it works fine. Having to use so much force at the center point causes it to be nearly impossible to make very fine adjustments around the center. The Helo's in PR require very precise movements around the center point to keep them from oscillating out of control.

      I took a couple of zip ties and used them to compress the spring so that it doesn't press as hard on the cone. This helped quite a bit but still doesn't work as well as it should. Here is the web page that I found that details how to use the zip ties. I wish I had thought of it myself :)

      http://members.chello.at/dolphin6/mod_spring/

      I hope this was helpful!
      Retired 6th DB

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

        The buttons automatically become "look" buttons when you are in a Helo that doesn't have weapons. It changes back automatically when you fly a Helo with weapons.
        Retired 6th DB

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

          I was a lifelong Joystick user, and then about a year into BF2, I decided to try the mouse approach after talking to Kilrogg about it. I must say - the precision and control of mouse control is, IMO, vastly superior to what you can achieve with a joystick.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

            Originally posted by Donagel View Post
            Any one use the Cyborg Evo joystick. HELP...I want pilot.
            I have the same joystick, and HAD the same problem (you don't want a big deadband for fine control but this joystick has so much drift that you have to put in a fairly big deadband. I tried utilities to change the slope, nothing worked). This is my current set-up:

            1- Mouse
            2- Keyboard
            3- joystick used ONLY for torque. I set my throttle between 15-18% and use the keyboard to increase or decrease throttle. (if Ranger is in the helo I need to crank it up to 33% or so or else I lose altitude :row__536: ).

            Kidding aside, the only other thing I might change is I might get rudder pedals. 18% throttle is about where the LB/BH will hover steady without losing altitude and about right if you want to «strafe» for any distance.

            DB

            «That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

            | |





            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

              I have the ST290 Pro which is one step down from the cyborg evo (just no buttons on the base but still the throttle) and have no problems at all. I tried flying with a mouse and keyboard and died A LOT so i just went back to the joystick and love it. Make sure you have configured your joystick though.
              I was flying with the 160th sqaud on muttrah(sp) yesterday you can ask fallosophy if i was descent or not because i did a lot of runs with him and the squad. I consider myself a pretty good helo pilot.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

                Originally posted by Dick Blonov
                (if Ranger is in the helo I need to crank it up to 33% or so or else I lose altitude ).
                ROFL @ DB. Fat jokes are always funneh.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

                  Yea, yea..DB is just mad cause I've knagged him so much when he's a passenger about being overweight.... LOL! Old people are so sensitive. ;) JK!

                  Anyway, I agree with the X45 statements. I use a MS Precision joystick. The new X52 PRO uses a new setup for pickup.

                  Also, the best j/s I've ever used was a CH Products joystick.

                  In the pursuit of... something.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

                    Mouse is superior for a heli but joystick is what you require for planes.

                    The helis in bf2 are kinda wild it has to be said, the most stable and easy to fly once taken off is probably the british one from the train map, merlin ? One of the few helis I could eat a sandwich with while flying one handed I think :D


                    If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

                      Originally posted by Colfax View Post
                      I have the ST290 Pro which is one step down from the cyborg evo (just no buttons on the base but still the throttle) and have no problems at all. I tried flying with a mouse and keyboard and died A LOT so i just went back to the joystick and love it. Make sure you have configured your joystick though.
                      I was flying with the 160th sqaud on muttrah(sp) yesterday you can ask fallosophy if i was descent or not because i did a lot of runs with him and the squad. I consider myself a pretty good helo pilot.
                      have the same stick as this guy and have no problems at all..... i couldnt fly without it :)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

                        I have to agree with Whiskey on the mouse and keyboard. Providing you have a good mouse that tracks really good. I have a G7 so it does excellent. Joystick can't compare to mouse and keyboard, wish I could just use keyboard though. I can't get the "feel" for it but if I need to barrel roll or something like that I will use the arrow keys cause they do respond quicker. Most joysticks do not go back to true center and it seems like that is what causes an issue with flying or even hovering good in the heli's. Now if a person were to spend the big bucks a joystick may go back to true center better.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

                          My cyborg evo is perfect, I rule the skys =] Definatly beats a mouse both plane and chopper.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

                            I got a Saitek x52 and it works fine. Granted i'm not quite used to the helo flight system yet, but I'm getting used to it. I lowered the sensitivity to 1.00 so that I can make minor corrections much easier, but still have trouble with the blackhawk (which slips like crazy).

                            I really don't need to be able to do fancy tricks or anything, I just want to be able to take off, land, and get from point A to point B without being shot down, and without getting any TK's (I got kicked from the PR server for having a negative score due to accidently landing on people and people jumping out of my helo)
                            umm... hello?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Cyborg Evo and Helos (say its not me)

                              I have the U-crash2000 ;(
                              sigpic
                              Don't let the bastards grind you down!

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X