Map Customizations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Customizations

Some of you may have noticed that not all of the maps are the stock PR maps. We've been watching the game play on several maps and have made adjustments in an attempt to make them playable. Maps may continue to change so we recommend watching the AAS messages.

Here are the changes so far:

Operation Phoenix
    Construction Site may now be captured along with Suburbs and Train. When all three of those CPs are captured then River Village and Slums may be captured.

Goods Station
    To make this 16p map playable with 64 players, we made all four capture points available to be captured.

Airport
    After the North Hangar is captured, the Hangars, Storage Depot, Plaza, and Cargo Hold flags may all be captured. After those four is then Airport Entrance.

Muttrah City
    The MEC are not able to capture Hotel or Docks. They must defend them until the USMC captures them. Once that has happened, the fight will move into the city to the following CPs: (1) Market, Gas Station, Park then (2) Mosque, Ibn Sina Street then (3) Construction Site and Wastelands.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Map Customizations

That's a great idea on muttrah. Kind of like Fallujah.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

which one is operation phoenix I dont think ive seen it on the server.

Comment

Although I think all these maps are very sub-par (far below PR quality) these are some good changes, Ill try to include them into v0.6 (if these maps are kept)

If you guys have any other alterations you think are good, please let me know and we can think about adding them. Your server has good gameplay and sensible players so youll be able to do more extensive playtesting of the maps than we could ever do on a test build...

Comment

Can we take down the USMC bleed on Phoenix to just one CP?

At present, it places a really unfair load on the USMC to have to simultaneously assault two flags, and as long as the MEC can keep just one in control, they still have bleed.

Every Phoenix round I've played has ended really quickly, as the US have never been able to shake that bleed.

Comment

I've only tried phoenix, and that seems to be a lot better.

Goods station made the server crash today, no idea whether this is caused by the recent customizations.

Comment

Phoenix is definitely a lot better since the changes. The MEC now have to extend across 3 flags, and they're not in the most convenient order to defend. The US are taking train and suberb with less effort, and once they get those 2, they're actually in the fight.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Yeah, I almost don't mind that Operation Phoenix loads up EVERY TIME THE SERVER CRASHES (which is often).
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                  Operation Phoenix loads up EVERY TIME THE SERVER CRASHES
                  Could that be because it's the first map in rotation? ;)
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Strangely, it seems to be the map it crashes on the most as well.

Comment

Personally I'd prefer never to play goods station again, it just feels all wrong, like a CS map.

The changes are great so far however, shifting the balance just enough to remove the forgone conclusion syndome of those maps
                      "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Woah, woah, woah... just exactly what is wrong with Counter-Strike?

Or were you referring to Computer Science? That would make more sense, since CompSci is b0rked Computer Engineering.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                          just exactly what is wrong with Counter-Strike?
                          You can't go prone, no black hawks, no 203's, no humvees, tiny maps, no medkits, and the highest smacktard : normal person ratio of any game every created. :)
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Oh, I didn't mean Counter Strike in a detrimental way, I mean it feels too small and confined for a Battlefield related mod. It reminds me at lot of de_train, in fact.
                            "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Now that I think of it, it DOES kinda remind me of an expanded de_train.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X