Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander Changes in 0.6

http://realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18658

wow... some seriously new stuff!! You Company of Heroes players might like this... you (with the help of some engineers) can build sandbag walls, bunkers, and firebases!
    Last edited by WhiskeySix; 03-30-2007, 01:12 AM.

Re: Commander Changes in 0.6

woohoo, i might go commander more often

Comment

Nice! I spent alot of time commanding as it, this will certainly add something to it. I hope people don't expect the commander to run around with a construction crew the whole time though --- my guess is that alot of these construction assets will be harder to set up than they will be to knock down.... almost better not to use them unless its a big strategic bonus..
      |TG|Switch

Better known as:
      That noob who crashed the chopper.
      That noob who ran over the mine.
      That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
      That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

think about it though. you get normally hard to defend flags and round them with sandbag walls and firebases. they instantly (regardless of how easy/hard firebases are to kill) become 200% harder for an enemy force to take. I likes it. I likes it a lot.

Comment

This is absolutely fantastic. Had no idea the BF2 engine would actually support anything like this, but they seem to have found a way.

This will add a whole new level to defensive operations, we'll have to think about things in a different light.

I really like where this mod is going.

Comment

People on the PR forums are saying these changes are too complex. How? And its not going to make teamplay better. Where do these people play whereby there is no teamwork and people are to dumb to understand how things work. I mean the kit system isn't complicated yet people don't understand it. Wow. Yea for school!(sarcasm)
            Anyways commander changes look aweseom and will make teamplay in PR and specifically TG even better. Love your server guys.

Comment

2 "light" at hits to take out a bunker. I dont think thats long enough

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                2 "light" at hits to take out a bunker. I dont think thats long enough
                I thought that too, but LAT kits are only going to be available as a requested kit - so there will only be a couple of them on the map... if they're off engaging armor, your bunkers are safe - and vica versa

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                  http://realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18658

wow... some seriously new stuff!! You Company of Heroes players might like this... you (with the help of some engineers) can build sandbag walls, bunkers, and firebases!
                  Wow. I can imagine the new gameplay dynamics; now you can go and try to prevent asset construction :row__523:

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

There was a sandbox mod that would allow you to build things in game while playing. I imagine they are using the same kind of setup that the Sandbox mod used.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

So cant TG be beta testers?
                      |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

Originally posted by Colfax View Post
                        People on the PR forums are saying these changes are too complex. How? And its not going to make teamplay better. Where do these people play whereby there is no teamwork and people are to dumb to understand how things work. I mean the kit system isn't complicated yet people don't understand it. Wow. Yea for school!(sarcasm)
                        Anyways commander changes look aweseom and will make teamplay in PR and specifically TG even better. Love your server guys.
                        Colfax, the problem is that half the people that play the mod are fresh out of run-and-gun bf2 school and their idea of teamwork is having plane pilots on wake island who pin down the other team so you win faster. Sad, but true.

If anything this will lead to greater levels of teamwork as its actually going to take more than one person to erect some of these structures, plus keeping them maintained. Brings a whole new spotlight to the engineer class.

Comment

I believe it will create tons more teamwork. And i can't wait to man defensive bunkers and take care of the CO. Engys sounds like my kind of kit.

Comment

Engineer is going to be a new standard in infantry squads, their usefulness just tripled! This is gonna be sweet.

Comment

Digging trenches... now THAT would be something! Dig a trench, hide Spec.Ops inside, tank roles overtop and Spec.Ops slap a satchel charge onto its belly and gives it a 3 count -- BOOOM!!

But then BF2 doesn't support deformable terrain so that'll never happen I guess.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X